1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Silmarillion

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by Nicheal, Oct 1, 2011.

1. techumseh

techumseh Chieftain

Really.

2. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

O please! kill me by my Word
    i am a Poet down where Hells are gone
    and kill me by a god damned Sword
    and do you know some Gods? i am knowing none

that Quote is an Argument for both: Yes, there stands it was finished yesterday,
    and yes, there stands it needs some further Testgames to fix some Bugs, and that all means:

The Basics are finished, but everything could grow better. The Events.txt and the
    Rules.txt for example i work still on in Pieces, in small Pieces. But the Basics are finished.
    I wouldnt know what else i could write in, or do as a Major Piece, you know?
    Yes, this Events.txt would be fine to know if it works until Turn 400 and then for
    the Space Ship Game which is planed to be until Turn 600, and yes, that CIV2Unlimited
    makes me worry, but i wanted to finish up the Basics to give them to you all Guys,
    and to rest in Piece, i could say...

It is a bit of funny to me, that you bite me by my Words, beyond that smooth Scenario...

:D

3. McMonkey

McMonkey ----Evertonian---- SLeague Staff

I think what Techumseh is getting at is that this is currently a test version of the scenario. You think it will work Ok but an exhaustive test hasn't been carried out until the end of the game to ensure that there are no crashes, major bugs etc... There is no argument to be had, it is a test version and not a tested finished product. That's not a crime. lots of scenarios are released as a test version first, but it should be made clear to anyone downloading it that this is the case. Hopefully everything will work properly and be fun to play, I'm sure it will!

4. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

Yeah, but that IS what i said already, or?
    I think, that all Basics are quite done, but i did no Testgame about 400 Turns.
    The Main Events were all tested by a Zero Events.txt to proof the Function only,
    and all these Graphics and Values seem quite done. I dont think there could fail much.
    And i said already, there is a Need in some Testgames... where is the Problem?
    Such a huge Scenario needs to be played, and that is now possible... cause i did that.
    I dont see any Problems: I finished the Basics, and now let us kill the Bugs.

:blush:

To be honest, to create such Scenarios is more Fun to me as to play that. And after
    Curt Siblings ´American Kingdoms´ and Nicheals ´The Silmarillion´ i would have to do
    some other Things... be glad that this Scenario exists now!

I, the great Modder, created Noldorish Warriors, a great thnx to me.

:king::D

the current Version, o Dudes, is 1.2! Have you great Ones ever seen
    a Computer Game released as a 1.0 which is perfect? Without a Testgame grande?
    Dont bother me, i am the Creator! Did i wrong?

:crazyeye:

5. McMonkey

6. techumseh

techumseh Chieftain

Whatever.

7. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

Hail to you, o you great and glorious techumseh! I played your Frederick the Great,
    and it is a great Scenario! You as an Old School CIV Fanatic have surely seen hundreds
    of sad malfunction Scenarios and many of really challenging and funplaying CIV2 Scenarios i think,
    and you must ask yourself, what Category my ´Masterpiece´ might be, and that arrogant Nicheal...

:lol:

But, i must ask myself, and now
    if i should switch onto German Aggressive, to hear such Sentences like
    or
    That damned Internet makes a Changeling out of many Sentences, where i can think twice about,
    to not know anything about. Are you bored or jealous? Or what do you mean?
    That i as Noob School should begin to modd Test of Time by modding... what?
    The Theme, if The Silmarillion or The nasty Frog of Frogshire, makes not a great Scenario,
    the Modder decides by Skills to make or not make a great Scenario!

And if you would have visited The Silmarillion before critizising my arrogant Release,
    perhaps, i would have talked less about. So what! I dont understand in the Deep
    your exact Intentions... but to introduce The Silmarillion as a Masterpiece as arrogant
    Noob School Nicheal i think i was not wrong.

This Desicion alone, to give every of the four great Elven Empires own Elven Warriors,
    and to create these Elven Warriors Graphics is a great Thing which i love much,
    cause, as i said before, i thnk myself for creating these awesome Noldorish Warriors!
    And now all is said i hope... i hope to enjoy the playing of Beleriand! Where you can do

nearly everything by playing every of the seven Empires and by conquering and exploring

everything! And IF there are any Bugs, here is my Thread.

:)

8. Hans99

Hans99 Chieftain

The Spirit of the young, i like it :). Ill give it a try the next days...

9. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

In that case, there have been many unfinished scenarios in CIV2's history! :)

10. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

11. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

You finally reached the Target and made me cry...

But let me quote myself
    Spoiler The Poem called The great Bluff :

O great Creator o
    they critizise that i
    released to early o my
    Master Piece Scenario
    i did not testplay -snuff-
    that damned Thing long enough
    but did they play? no
    thats the Stuff

;)

You KNOW that my Balances are too bad? The only Thing i NOT did,
    is a Testgame over 400 Turns, Dudes. But it is my Decision when to release,
    and when to call that finally done, as i did in my American Kingdoms Modd-Modd.
    Be sure IF i will find some Bugs, or you find any, we holy Dudes will quite kill them all!

:lol:

12. McMonkey

13. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

Guys out there.

Perhaps my arrogant Release of a so-called Master Piece
    and my usual negative and dark Vibes of a german Despot
    provoked you to read over my fair Descriptions of my Scenario
    declared by mygreatself to a so-called Master Piece, to critizise
    my unsighted Work by critizising me and my Failure not to testplay
    before presenting you long-serving Fanatics all that!

I humbly invite you to testplay my superb done Scenario!

@techumseh

I try to respect all of you as great Modders and long-serving Fanatics,
    and usually thats quite easy to me, cause McMonkey did ´Fortress Europe´,
    techumseh did ´Frederick the Great´ and what Curt Sibling did i dont need to tell...
    but Nicheal did ´Mordor´ and ´The Lord of the Silver Skull´ and now ´The Silmarillion´.
    I HAD the Skills to do that current Thing, and my Kind of Modding CIV2 is different
    to you Guys: McMonkey asked me, how and if i like his ´Fortress Europe´, but i dont like it.

Everyone right here knows the Game ´Panzer General´ or even ´Fantasy General´...
    there your Campaign includes many little Scenarios with usually ~20 Turns of hard Battles.
    That seems quite short, but every Turn has its strategic Uses and Needs, and THAT
    makes it quite hard and challenging. Now the most Guys of you, like in ´Frederick the Great´
    or ´Fortress Europe´ done, use usually ~80 Turns of hard Battles in CIV2 Scenario
    to reach the Victory Conditions. And these Guys use an exactly and exactly and
    exactly and long testplayed and hardproofed Events.txt, like, for example,
    in Catfishs ´War of the Rings´, to take Control over ~80 Turns of hard Battles like
    in ´Panzer General´, only longer. You HAVE to do strategic Moves and all that
    compressed and hard tested to the last little Events File and to the last little Count of
    Numbers and Coordinates!

But ´Fantasy General´ and its ~20 Turns of hard Battles is quite Strength and Force,
    a Game with this Kind of Art or Mind, in my Opinion, is quite too fixed and stressed-
    like a hard Shooter with Saving Pods every 20 Minutes... you will HATE that once.

In McMonkeys ´Fortress Europe´ you cant even do ONE wrong Move, everything
    is planed to the last damned File, and you HAVE to play the fixed History...
    thats not a Game anymore, thats a historical Journey like in a Oneway Book!
    You NEED to do ~80 Turns exactly what the Scenario and History wants to get,
    and THAT over ~80 Turns ´Panzer General´ is in fact a hard and nervous Work,
    not a free CIV2 Game, but a hard restricted Terrain of Defaults and Stop Signs, i think.

techumseh means, that i should do the same 400 Turns? I do nothing like that.
    If you want to play the World War II exactly like the History, you dont need to play.
    You can choose a Non-Player and have a Look at, while the Computer is playing.
    My Scenario tries to invite the Human Player to explore everything in a free Game.
    You could do nearly everything, and my Events.txt cheates a whole Number of
    vague Values, which you could perhaps defeat, but which YOU could perhaps defeat.

I dont try to do an 80 Turn ´Panzer General´ Scenario, i try to do a 500 Turn
    Test of Time Game, and inside all that you get a nearly free CIV2 GAME, but included
    the vague Story-Lines to face them.
    You, techumseh, want to force me to do a 500 Turn ´Panzer General´, but my Kind
    of CIV2 Vision is no ´Panzer General´, but is a free Test of Time Game BASED ON
    the Story-Lines, but not FIXED ON the Story-Lines, which would kill the GAME itself.

You try to balance out the Forcement of the fixed Story-Lines, i try to balance out
    the Balance between the free Game and the Story-Lines, and there i dont need
    to count every single cheated Unit and to place every single Coordinate, i only need
    to give a balanced Number in Game to see what happens, to proof the Skills of the
    Human Player in a free Game!
    And therefor i would like to know what Guys like you say to all that Stuff.

I dont need to be critizised like you did, by a Guy who not even knew my other Stuff,
    and not even played or sighted that Scenario, sry!

@Curt

You give me that List of Scenario Modding?

Your ´American Kingdoms´ WAS a Walk in the Park, and you said: O i wanted to create
    that Scenario for Joy only, and the Computer controlled Enemies should NOT expand
    and NOT build hard Units... ha ha ha! For sure they should!
    Then you said ´but at the End of the Month´ you would give to us your AK Patch...
    now the Month IS over and your AK is still a Walk in the Park... and Nicheals Patch
    kicks Asses heavily. Even YOU, the great Modder, did not what you tell me now.

I hope you all Guys will seriously critizise this so-called Master Piece ´The Silmarillion´,
    to help my Effort to get that smooth Thing perfect finally!!!
    And if Arthedain thinks ´O my God Nicheal told us how master-like and i dont even like that!´
    so yeah! Tell me. I would like to finish up a huge Master Piece of CIV2 called ´The Silmarillion´!
    So that every Guy who ever wants to play that, will have a quite good Time in Beleriand!!!
    All these ten Years old Scenarios about, like ´Beleriand´, ´Dagor Bragollach´ or
    ´The Fall of Beleriand´ are OLD and MGE, and your ~80 Turn ´Panzer General´ Style.
    Quite good Games with cool Ideas and Elements, but SMALL, OLD and MGE.
    If you all Guys like that, so play these, i wanted to create a 500 Turn free Test of Time Game
    about Beleriand to enjoy a free and new Test of Time World, and to do EVERYTHING.
    And at least i created a 120 x 240 Map of Beleriand and a huge Number of new and
    cool Elven, Edain, Dwarves and Orc Warriors! If my Scenario will not work for a Guy out there,
    then know that you are invited to do it quite better!!!

Critizise seriously, or praise my holy Effort, but dont tell me such sad Things,
    i already spoke about! Too honest? I humbly invite YOU, to make my Scenario
    ´The Silmarillion´ even better as it already IS.

:blush::D

14. AGRICOLA

AGRICOLA Chieftain

@Oh, ye of little faith

Gentlemen, please stop your petty carping about the supposed shortcomings of The Silmarillion. Don’t you realize that you have witnessed a modern day miracle . . . the birth of a yet untested but self-proclaimed "Master Piece", ready to take its place among the greatest CIVII scens.

Hallelujah! Rejoice! Give thanks!!!

15. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

Yeah, believe Agricola, Gentlemen, he is totally right!

That, exactly, i feared from the first: That my Effort would be ignored, or shady bothered.
    I think, yes, that ´The Silmarillion´ has its place among the greatest CIV2 Scenarios already, yes.

-120 x 240 great done Beleriand Map
    -Two Map Game
    -Plus Space Ship Game until Turn 600
    -Seven Skins
    -Smooth new Sounds
    -Two Events.txts over 90 kb to play every of the seven Empires, plus MORGOTH HIMSELF
    -complete done and expensive and nice looking Improvements and Wonders for complete Choose
    -a great Terrain Concept for totally free Transformations and Town Developments
    -a WHOLE Tec Tree
    -self done nice Town Graphics
    -self done great Unit Graphics
    -a nice Terrain Graphics Concept
    -self done People
    -a whole Game/Describe/Labels/Debug/Pedia/City.txt
    -Unit Values nearly perfect balanced
    -Tec Rate nearly perfect
    -Diplomacy well done
    -a smooth Title.GIF and Silmarillion Title.txt
    -a smooth Opener Poem by me

i DID a Master Piece, Dudes, and that GAME works. Dont know if you, @Agricola,
    wanted to pacify or settle, dont know how to say that, that little Discussion, or if you
    are jealous of my arrogant Proposition. But let me say that:

I had that in my Mind to create a Master Piece of the Silmarillion. I knew that i could do that
    after Creating ´The Lord of the Silver Skull´ cause my ´Visions´ of expensive Improvements,
    Army Development and Terrain Concept grew perfect, and i DID everything i learned in nearly
    three Years Modding CIV2 Test of Time. I have the Greatness to honour, to recognise, to respect
    our Being, our Doing, our Ambition. And this Greatness in my own Heart allows me, to BE great,
    to be in Honour and Grace. Everyone who allows himself the Greatness to honour, to recognise,
    to respect our Being, our Doing, our Ambition, will GET Greatness and Honour and Grace by
    his own Heart of Life.

That is the Miracle and Mystery of our Life, that if we CAN GIVE the Greatness Grace,
    that Grace will give US Greatness, and we will be one in that holy Fire and Spirit forever.

And if you laugh at, or you are jealous or petty and small-minded, that holy Mind of Being
    will punish you by your own Hearts! And that Punishment is the Destiny of Mankind,
    to kill ourselfes by small-minded Wars of our own Hearts, but your own Grace to recognise
    Grace will be grateful to us all.

If i would say ´Frederick the Great´ is a totally weak Scenario, i would lie, and if i
    would say ´The Silmarillion´ is a totally weak Scenario, i would not recognise my
    own Grace, and i would fail within myself.

When will you Guys learn, that to see through the Eyes of Grace, it will bring you Grace forever?

16. techumseh

techumseh Chieftain

@Curt: IMHO that is true. Without a Readme, you don't know where to start. Without victory conditions, you don't know how to finish. I won't play scenarios that don't have both.

@Aggie: I think irony is lost on the divinely inspired.

@Nicheal: At the risk of provoking more hyper-defensive gibberish, let me pose one question: If you can't be bothered to finish playing your scenario, why should we?

btw, happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all. :)

17. Hans99

Hans99 Chieftain

yeah stuff the turkey :)

18. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

My Scenario includes a README, and there stands

if you need a Nanny to understand where is up and down, thats not my Job.
    And if you need big coloured Pictures to understand the Gameplay, thats not my Job.
    And if you need toggled Objectives, i did no, its a free Game.

I cannot know how some Guys mean their non-divinely jealous gibberish.

I will play my Scenario and will finish to play my Scenario when i want to, and when
    i have Time and Pleasure, as i said before, and no one forces you to play it.
    I was wondering all the Time, and i questioned myself all the Time if my Taste of a Kind of a Flaming
    was wrong and my negative Vibes only tasted this Kind of Negativity versus me.
    But now i must request you to stop flaming me.

I am only a German Guy, and all my Humor will sudden grow weary to tolerate your
    disgusting and empty Blamings and Flamings, Dude.
    Dont reach the unholy and deep Realms of my shining Swords, you wont stand it.

I did a Grande, your stupid mockery is worthless. Play what you want to play, Dude,
    and critizise seriously what IS to critizise, i will follow every Argument, but stop
    this nasty little bad faith. As my so-called gibberish said: That Guy who can
    honestly face Greatness, that Guy IS great, and i ever try to face everything.

Give a bad Failure of my Scenario to me, and i will thank you honestly and gratefully!
    But give that dishonest Excuses to me, and i will tramp them into Dust.

I am not arrogant to declare my Scenario to a Master Piece, i am an honest Artist,
    and if techumsehs ´Frederick the Great´ would be a Scenario Grande, i would say that too!

>< there was no Smiley in. I perhaps will play my Scenario to the End, and will
    finish up my Scenario to the End, but in this Thread, IF there will be an honest Criticism,
    i will answer, that so-called Irony or these ridiculous Excuses i will ignore from now on.

19. AGRICOLA

AGRICOLA Chieftain

Of course I wanted to pacify the mogrels nipping at your scen. I apologize if my evidently garbled syntax has raised any doubts about my intent. Also, I really am not jealous of your "arrogant Proposition" . . . quite the contrary. I think that it marvelous to find a worthy successor to Blackclove who contributed so much to the SL in the very early days of CIVII.

@tech
    Irony? My, you have become cynical. Nevertheless, I hope you are having a nice Thanksgiving and are enjoying the same perfect Indian summer that we are having in the east. :)

@Hans 99
    "yeah stuff the turkey" Heck no, that's womens' work. I'm off to stuff myself. ;)

20. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

@Agricola

I might correct your wrong rhetorical Statement
    into

i know Dungeons of Beckhorn and nothing else, but thats not my Intent to know everything.
    I just wanted to create the Silmarillion quite perfect. Anyway. Thats what i did.