The Star Trek Mod, v 0.9.0

I've been on the hunt for Civ scenarios relating to Star Trek and got told about this thread.

I downloaded @Node60 's copy of the Star Trek Mod 0.9.0 Beta and tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam install users will need to modify label files, as maybe the infamous steam labels crash bug was what @Agent327 was experiencing) and it worked great! Looks super cool! Until recently I had no idea that fans had filled the void of there being no space based scenarios for Civ3!

I've repacked with 7zip (down to 50MB) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work. Should @Logitech return to CFC he can modify his original post download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone one. EDIT: As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've also edited the original thread post and the download page links for this mod to link to the CFC copy of the mod and the ArchiveOrg copy of the addon here instead of the long gone dead Atomic ones.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/StarTrek_v0.9.0Beta.7z

EDIT:
Logitech's big long lost special Music & Sounds Addon has been found! :) More details & the download can be found here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-star-trek-mod-v-0-9-0.404833/post-16316573

Also the original Star Trek v0.8.4 mod that Logitech based this version off appears to still be fine and hosted on CFC thankfully.

upload_2020-5-23_23-5-47.png

upload_2020-5-23_23-5-47.png

Last edited:
What I meant was that Civ III had no connection whatsoever with Steam. But yeah, in 2016 I could not get this mod to work either, sadly. I might not have gotten Steam at all if it wasn't required to launch Civ V.

It may sound strange, but Steam wasn't around in those days. Nice pic though. :thumbsup:
Steam launched in 2003 and your post about CTDs that I was partly replying to was only back in 2016 mate haha. However if you were using the disc copy in 2016 then I have no idea what caused your crashes sorry.
What I meant was that Civ III had no connection whatsoever with Steam. But yeah, in 2016 I could not get this mod to work either, sadly. I might not have gotten Steam at all if it wasn't required to launch Civ V.
It may not be the "Steam bug" per se, but it could be something similar.

AFAIK, Civ3Conquests (CD) versions -- and mods which were originally created from them (including this one?) -- released while GameSpy was still hosting MP-games, need(ed) a labels.txt compatible with MP-play, i.e. with the "Unknown" line between "Ping" and "Host".

After GameSpy went defunct, the conquests.exe (and labels.txt) was modified in later releases of Conquests/Complete, both to allow installation of downloaded (NoCD) versions from e.g. GamersGate (and later Steam and GOG), and also to omit that now-redundant "Unknown" line. Then when Steam restarted MP-play a couple of years back, those files were modified (reverted?), to require the "Unknown" line (again?).

So I would suggest that anyone having a problem with this mod (e.g. mislabelled items/buttons on the "Choose your Civ" screen, and/or crashes on founding a "colony"), to open this mod's labels.txt in your favourite text-editor to see if it contains the 'Unknown' line: if it does (and your version of Civ3 doesn't need it), try deleting that line. If it doesn't (and your version does need it), try adding it.

(I've just DL'd this mod myself. I may even get around to installing and testing it at some point this century. So many mods, so little time...)

I tried this mod on steam version and it works when i am choosing my civ but when it starts to load the map it crashes at map scroll 10, could it be because of screen resolution sizes?

Good news guys! After all these years I got it! I FINALLY GOT IT!!!! The big long lost special Music & Sounds Addon for Logitech's Star Trek Mod has been found! Using the Atomic backup trick I've obtained the original files! :) I wasn't able to put it on CivFanatics due to it's size and being considered non-essential sadly, so I elected to put it on Internet Archive Org instead here:
https://archive.org/download/star-trek-civ3-mod-v0.9.0-beta/StarTrek_v0.9.0Sounds.7z

As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've also edited the original thread post and the download page links for this mod to link to the CFC copy of the mod and the ArchiveOrg copy of the addon here instead of the long gone dead Atomic ones.

I tried this mod on steam version and it works when i am choosing my civ but when it starts to load the map it crashes at map scroll 10, could it be because of screen resolution sizes?

Did you do the labels fix in the mods labels txt file that everyone is talking about above? If you don't do that you get weird text errors and crashes with the steam version.

Last edited:
Here is the solution: Open the map in the editor, open the panel in Scenario/Scenario Properties... go to Players tab, and then set the player 10,20,22,24 civilization from "any" to "random"
Can confirm that this fix works and you're able to play as any of the available nations, apart from Dominion as they're not present on the map, but are still selectable, for some reason.

Can confirm that this fix works and you're able to play as any of the available nations, apart from Dominion as they're not present on the map, but are still selectable, for some reason.

Here is the solution: Open the map in the editor, open the panel in Scenario/Scenario Properties... go to Players tab, and then set the player 10,20,22,24 civilization from "any" to "random"

I agree with Arexander. Doing the fix suggested by Legislateur still works in 2024!!

Top Bottom