The Sun Really Never Sets on the British Empire

Rex, sadly I did not get to the game today. Tomorrow is not looking good either; I can definitely play Monday night, but if you have time tonight/tomorrow to play go ahead and swap with me.

Well, as you see, I've been OOP all weekend. I'll wait until tomorrow, ChrTh.

Edit: "I'll wait until tomorrow" = "I'll wait until YOU PLAY tomorrow"

Rex, I'm sorry, I'm going to need a skip. Too much family obligations, and with the game at a critical state, I don't want to risk failure by not giving the game enough effort.

Guess that makes me up. Will play tomorrow...

The Roster:
Rex - auto-skip until end of September
Imhotep - UP NOW
Berserks - ON DECK
Sunrise089 - auto-skip until 2nd of September
Lukep
Stuge - just played
ChrTh - skipped

First things first:

Battle Stats:
Units victorious while attacking : 46
Units victorious while defending : 21
Units defeated while attacking : 4
Units defeated while defending : 25

Units destroyed: 67
Units lost: 29

Kill Ratio: 2.31:1

Not too bad I think. Could've been better though because I lost two or three units (and a fresh GG Gunship sadly) to total :smoke: moves.

Anyway, on with the show.

First Gandhi stopped by and told us that we no longer may travel through his lands. Well, if you say so...

Checked the power graph. We're close to Louis. Okay *takesdeepbreath*. Let's go.

I dialed up Louis and asked if he could spare 1500 of his 1720 gold for a good friend. And he agreed ! Nice of him to finance our troop upgrades... And as a good friend - such as Brutus - we told him some news...

First stage of the war plan was carried out ruthlessly:

I then ripped up the roads in our DMZ with Gunships as Bombers couldn't do it. However I didn't go for abandoning Madrid and the other cities. Mech Inf are godlike city defenders, and as Louis still has only Tanks, Gunships and Artillery, I thought he should pay a high toll for capturing these cities. So I used some gold to upgrade Redcoats to Mech Infs. And sure enough Louis came for Madrid...

Meanwhile I was easily capturing more cities:

Louis began the affray on Madrid in earnest, he was bringing some real force.

However he shattered the heads of his soldiers against the Mech Inf at Madrid, enough to put a dint into his power:

Seeing that Louis' troops wouldn't even come close to Cordoba and our DMZ I re-arranged the Bombers and our Gunships to Cordoba. This allowed heavy airstrikes against the advancing forces at Madrid. Unfortunately I couldn't reach the 2nd stack yet...

Murcia fell next turn, this time a keeper.

On the other continent we captured Miami.

Valladolid was put to the torch too. Unfortunately I made a weed move here losing our fresh GG Gunship - I had not realized I could've attacked with a fresh Gunship out of Cordoba instead until it was too late...

A little teaser for Louis what's awaiting him:

The tech of doom

Louis is sending Subs towards us. Also you can already see our new shiny MAs...

I've assembled the Artillery at the front line already, the MA can join next turn.

Izzy's cities are weakly defended. A spy is stationed near Madrid to give us intelligence on troop movements.

We have left some marks already. I think with Bombers and MA we will subdue Louis quickly. The next player will have a pure fun turnset - I've set up everything for the counterattack !

Imhotep

Spoiler AutoLog :

Logging by Ruff's Cobbled Mod Pack v2.0.4 (Warlords v2.08) - New Log Entries
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turn 520/660 (1910 AD) [21-Aug-2007 19:03:14]
Hastings finishes: Bomber
Newcastle finishes: Fighter
A Hamlet was built near Newcastle
Akhetaten grows: 15
Polynesian finishes: Bomber
Jaipur finishes: Bomber
uMgungundlovu finishes: Barracks
Ndondakusuka finishes: Theatre
Nongoma finishes: Theatre
Golden Age ends

IBT:
Attitude Change: Hatshepsut(Egypt) towards Louis XIV(France), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'
Civics Change: Louis XIV(France) from 'Theocracy' to 'Organized Religion'

Turn 521/660 (1911 AD) [21-Aug-2007 19:07:00]
Hastings begins: Marine (4 turns)
Newcastle begins: Airport (11 turns)
Polynesian begins: Airport (11 turns)
Jaipur begins: Mechanized Infantry (9 turns)
uMgungundlovu begins: Jail (3 turns)
Ndondakusuka begins: Library (135 turns)
Nongoma begins: Courthouse (7 turns)
London grows: 17
York grows: 15
Canterbury finishes: Mechanized Infantry
Libyan finishes: Battleship
Warwick finishes: Bomber
A Town was built near Akhetaten
Oxford finishes: Fighter
Liverpool finishes: Drydock
Elephantine finishes: Airport
Bulawayo finishes: Theatre

IBT:
Civics Change: Isabella(Spain) from 'Free Market' to 'State Property'

Turn 522/660 (1912 AD) [21-Aug-2007 19:13:40]
Canterbury begins: Mechanized Infantry (3 turns)
Libyan begins: Marine (5 turns)
Warwick begins: Bomber (12 turns)
Oxford begins: Bomber (4 turns)
Liverpool begins: Barracks (2 turns)
Elephantine begins: Library (6 turns)
Bulawayo begins: Forge (10 turns)
SunNeverSets(British) declares war on Louis XIV(France)
Hatshepsut(Egypt) declares war on Louis XIV(France)
Hatshepsut(Egypt) declares war on Isabella(Spain)
SunNeverSets(British) declares war on Isabella(Spain)
Shaka(Zululand) declares war on Isabella(Spain)
Shaka(Zululand) declares war on Louis XIV(France)
A Farm near Cordoba was destroyed by British Gunship
A Farm near Valencia was destroyed by British Gunship
A Workshop was built near Byblos
Gunship promoted: Combat I
Gunship promoted: Pinch
While attacking in Spanish territory at Pamplona, Gaius Marius (Gunship) defeats (24.00/24): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 97.9%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Pamplona, Gaius Marius (Gunship) defeats (20.40/24): Spanish Machine Gun (Prob Victory: 99.7%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Pamplona, Bernard Montgomery (Gunship) defeats (19.92/24): Spanish Machine Gun (Prob Victory: 97.2%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Pamplona, Bernard Montgomery (Gunship) defeats (11.76/24): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 93.3%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Pamplona, Tank defeats (7.84/28): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 96.6%)
Buddhism has spread: Pamplona
Captured Pamplona (Isabella)
Pamplona begins: Theatre (75 turns)
Mechanized Infantry promoted: City Garrison I
While attacking in British territory near Polynesian, Tank defeats (28.00/28): French Worker (Prob Victory: 96.6%)
A Town was built near Byblos
uMgungundlovu finishes: Jail
Nobamba's borders expand
Nobamba finishes: Barracks

IBT:
A Fishing Boats was destroyed near Polynesian
A Plantation was destroyed near Polynesian
A Village was built near Madrid
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (28.48/32): French Artillery (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
A Village was built near Madrid
A Town near Madrid was destroyed by French Gunship
A Hamlet was built near Madrid
A Village near Madrid was destroyed by French Gunship
A Cottage was built near Madrid
A Hamlet near Madrid was destroyed by French Gunship
A Cottage was destroyed near Madrid
A Cottage near Madrid was destroyed by French Gunship
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (28.48/32): French Cannon (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (24.64/32): French Cavalry (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (24.64/32): French Cavalry (Prob Victory: 99.2%)
Attitude Change: Hatshepsut(Egypt) towards Louis XIV(France), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Isabella(Spain) towards SunNeverSets(British), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Isabella(Spain) towards Hatshepsut(Egypt), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Isabella(Spain) towards Shaka(Zululand), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Louis XIV(France) towards SunNeverSets(British), from 'Pleased' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Louis XIV(France) towards Hatshepsut(Egypt), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Louis XIV(France) towards Shaka(Zululand), from 'Cautious' to 'Furious'

Turn 523/660 (1913 AD) [21-Aug-2007 19:27:57]
uMgungundlovu begins: Airport (8 turns)
Nobamba begins: Granary (5 turns)
A Farm near Murcia was destroyed by British Gunship
While attacking in Spanish territory at Zaragoza, Gaius Marius (Gunship) defeats (7.44/24): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 91.5%)
Bernard Montgomery (Gunship) promoted: Flanking I
Tank promoted: City Raider I
Tank promoted: City Raider II
While attacking in Spanish territory at Zaragoza, Tank defeats (28.00/28): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 96.0%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Zaragoza, Tank defeats (18.48/28): Spanish SAM Infantry (Prob Victory: 98.1%)
Buddhism has spread: Zaragoza
Captured Zaragoza (Isabella)
Razed Zaragoza
Zaragoza lost
While attacking in French territory at Cherbourg, Tank defeats (23.24/28): French Machine Gun (Prob Victory: 96.0%)
While attacking in French territory at Cherbourg, Tank defeats (22.68/28): French Marine (Prob Victory: 93.1%)
A Farm near Valladolid was destroyed by British Gunship
While attacking in British territory near Ghuzz, Battleship defeats (32.80/40): Spanish Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
York finishes: Battleship
Nottingham finishes: Battleship
Hastings finishes: Marine
Akhetaten's borders expand
Delhi finishes: Bomber
Liverpool finishes: Barracks
Elephantine's borders expand

IBT:
A Hamlet was built near Madrid
A Pasture was destroyed near Madrid
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (20.16/32): French Artillery (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (22.08/32): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 91.3%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (4.48/32): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 93.3%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (4.48/32): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 92.7%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (19.20/32): French Tank (Prob Victory: 61.3%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry loses to: French Gunship (24.00/24) (Prob Victory: 59.8%)
A Village was built near Toledo
A Town near Toledo was destroyed by French Gunship
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry loses to: French Gunship (18.00/24) (Prob Victory: 56.8%)
A Cottage was built near Madrid
A Hamlet near Madrid was destroyed by French Gunship
Eugene of Savoy (Great General) born in Canterbury
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Redcoat defeats (0.84/14): French Marine (Prob Victory: 26.0%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Redcoat defeats (1.68/14): French Infantry (Prob Victory: 34.6%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Redcoat loses to: French Marine (24.00/24) (Prob Victory: 12.8%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Cannon loses to: French Marine (17.28/24) (Prob Victory: 1.5%)

Turn 524/660 (1914 AD) [21-Aug-2007 19:37:08]
York begins: Marine (5 turns)
Nottingham begins: Marine (5 turns)
Delhi begins: Bomber (5 turns)
Liverpool begins: Mechanized Infantry (8 turns)
While attacking in British territory near Jaipur, Battleship defeats (40.00/40): French Galleon (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in French territory at Cherbourg, Tank defeats (4.20/28): French Machine Gun (Prob Victory: 87.4%)
While attacking in French territory at Cherbourg, Tank defeats (10.08/28): French Infantry (Prob Victory: 90.4%)
Battleship promoted: Combat I
Redcoat promoted: City Garrison I
Mechanized Infantry promoted: Combat I
Mechanized Infantry promoted: Medic I
Eugene of Savoy (Gunship) promoted: Lead by Warlord
Eugene of Savoy (Gunship) promoted: Combat III
Eugene of Savoy (Gunship) promoted: Blitz
Eugene of Savoy (Gunship) promoted: Leadership
A Quarry near Valladolid was destroyed by British Gunship
Oxford finishes: Bomber
Teoihuacan finishes: Fighter
Bombay finishes: Coal Plant
Cordoba finishes: SAM Infantry

IBT:
A Hamlet was built near Toledo
A Cottage was built near Toledo
A Cottage was destroyed near Madrid
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (24.96/32): French Artillery (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (29.12/32): French Artillery (Prob Victory: 99.7%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (29.12/32): French Artillery (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (17.60/32): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (17.60/32): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 94.1%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (8.00/32): French Tank (Prob Victory: 93.1%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry loses to: French Tank (7.28/28) (Prob Victory: 64.0%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (10.88/32): French Tank (Prob Victory: 54.3%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry loses to: French Marine (5.04/24) (Prob Victory: 86.2%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry loses to: French Artillery (12.96/18) (Prob Victory: 35.5%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry loses to: French Artillery (18.00/18) (Prob Victory: 1.9%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Cannon loses to: French Gunship (21.12/24) (Prob Victory: 0.2%)
A Cottage was destroyed near Toledo
A Cottage near Toledo was destroyed by French Gunship
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Cannon loses to: French Gunship (17.76/24) (Prob Victory: 1.2%)
While defending in French territory at Cherbourg, Tank loses to: French Infantry (8.00/20) (Prob Victory: 14.4%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Cannon loses to: French Infantry (11.00/20) (Prob Victory: 3.8%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Cannon loses to: French SAM Infantry (6.48/18) (Prob Victory: 9.9%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Cannon loses to: French Marine (7.20/24) (Prob Victory: 0.9%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Redcoat loses to: French Marine (24.00/24) (Prob Victory: 1.4%)
While defending in French territory at Cherbourg, Tank loses to: French Infantry (14.20/20) (Prob Victory: 9.9%)

Turn 525/660 (1915 AD) [21-Aug-2007 19:52:30]
Oxford begins: Bomber (4 turns)
Teoihuacan begins: Airport (29 turns)
Bombay begins: Mechanized Infantry (7 turns)
Cordoba begins: Mechanized Infantry (14 turns)
Mechanized Infantry promoted: City Garrison II
A Plantation was built near uMgungundlovu
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Eugene of Savoy (Gunship) defeats (14.40/24): Spanish Marine (Prob Victory: 88.8%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Tank defeats (22.68/28): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 95.2%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Gunship defeats (4.80/24): Spanish Machine Gun (Prob Victory: 98.2%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Eugene of Savoy (Gunship) loses to: Spanish Infantry (6.00/20) (Prob Victory: 72.8%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Tank loses to: Spanish Machine Gun (0.36/18) (Prob Victory: 97.8%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Gunship defeats (24.00/24): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Gunship defeats (24.00/24): Spanish Machine Gun (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Murcia, Bernard Montgomery (Gunship) defeats (24.00/24): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 95.7%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Murcia, Tank defeats (22.96/28): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 91.0%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Murcia, Tank defeats (13.72/28): Spanish SAM Infantry (Prob Victory: 93.4%)
Buddhism has spread: Murcia
Captured Murcia (Isabella)
Murcia begins: Theatre (75 turns)
SAM Infantry promoted: City Garrison I
Libyan finishes: Marine
Akhetaten grows: 16
Ndondakusuka's borders expand

IBT:
A Fishing Boats was destroyed
While defending in French territory near Cherbourg, Battleship loses to: French Destroyer (17.40/30) (Prob Victory: 31.0%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (32.00/32): French Artillery (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (12.80/32): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 96.5%)
While defending in British territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (1.28/32): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 11.4%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Redcoat loses to: French Marine (14.40/24) (Prob Victory: 6.0%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Cavalry loses to: French Marine (18.00/24) (Prob Victory: 0.5%)
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry loses to: French Infantry (20.00/20) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
Madrid lost
Attitude Change: Louis XIV(France) towards SunNeverSets(British), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Shaka(Zululand) towards Washington(America), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Washington(America) towards Louis XIV(France), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 526/660 (1916 AD) [21-Aug-2007 20:04:28]
Libyan begins: Marine (5 turns)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Miami, Tank loses to: Spanish Infantry (6.00/20) (Prob Victory: 90.4%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Miami, Gunship defeats (15.36/24): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 95.6%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Miami, Gunship defeats (9.60/24): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 88.2%)
Infantry promoted: Combat I
While attacking in Spanish territory at Miami, Infantry defeats (9.80/20): Spanish Cavalry (Prob Victory: 90.6%)
Infantry promoted: Combat I
While attacking in Spanish territory at Miami, Infantry defeats (16.60/20): Spanish Cavalry (Prob Victory: 90.6%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Miami, Infantry defeats (16.20/20): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
Buddhism has spread: Miami
Captured Miami (Isabella)
Miami begins: Theatre (75 turns)
A Cottage was built near Byblos
A Cottage was built near Polynesian
While attacking in British territory near Khangela, Battleship defeats (40.00/40): French Destroyer (Prob Victory: 83.9%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Gunship defeats (20.64/24): Spanish Infantry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Gunship defeats (20.64/24): Spanish Artillery (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Spanish territory at Valladolid, Gunship defeats (20.64/24): Spanish Artillery (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Buddhism has spread: Valladolid
Captured Valladolid (Isabella)
Razed Valladolid
Valladolid lost
While attacking in British territory near Valencia, Tank loses to: Spanish SAM Infantry (5.58/18) (Prob Victory: 68.3%)
While attacking in the wild at Murcia, Bernard Montgomery (Gunship) defeats (24.00/24): Spanish SAM Infantry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in British territory at Ghuzz, Battleship defeats (20.80/40): French Destroyer (Prob Victory: 91.1%)
While attacking in British territory at Ghuzz, Battleship defeats (8.00/40): French Destroyer (Prob Victory: 95.4%)
While attacking just off shore near Ghuzz, Destroyer defeats (26.70/30): Spanish Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Hastings grows: 20
Elephantine grows: 11
uMgungundlovu's borders expand

IBT:
A Well was destroyed near Logrono
While defending in British territory near Bombay, Destroyer loses to: French Battleship (27.20/40) (Prob Victory: 10.8%)
While defending in French territory at Cherbourg, Destroyer loses to: French Destroyer (2.10/30) (Prob Victory: 12.5%)
Attitude Change: Hatshepsut(Egypt) towards Isabella(Spain), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Louis XIV(France) towards SunNeverSets(British), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'

Turn 527/660 (1917 AD) [21-Aug-2007 20:15:26]
Battleship promoted: Combat II
While attacking in British territory near Bombay, Battleship defeats (2.00/40): French Battleship (Prob Victory: 87.1%)
While attacking in British territory at Logrono, Bernard Montgomery (Gunship) defeats (14.88/24): French Marine (Prob Victory: 95.1%)
Mechanized Infantry promoted: Combat I
While attacking in British territory at Logrono, Mechanized Infantry defeats (7.68/32): French Infantry (Prob Victory: 95.8%)
Buddhism has spread: Logrono
Captured Logrono (Louis XIV)
Razed Logrono
Logrono lost
Mechanized Infantry promoted: Combat II
Battleship promoted: Combat III
While attacking in British territory at Ghuzz, Battleship defeats (24.80/40): French Battleship (Prob Victory: 67.6%)
While attacking in British territory at Ghuzz, Destroyer defeats (21.60/30): French Carrier (Prob Victory: 99.3%)
Infantry promoted: Combat II
Gunship promoted: Combat I
London finishes: Scotland Yard
Nottingham finishes: Marine
Coventry grows: 13
Elephantine finishes: Library
Byblos finishes: Forge
Nobamba finishes: Granary
Nongoma finishes: Courthouse

IBT:
A Cottage was destroyed near Polynesian
A Lumbermill was destroyed near Polynesian
A Farm was destroyed near Valencia
A Farm near Valencia was destroyed by French Gunship

Turn 528/660 (1918 AD) [21-Aug-2007 20:24:35]
London begins: Spy (2 turns)
Nottingham begins: Marine (5 turns)
Elephantine begins: Barracks (4 turns)
Byblos begins: Airport (20 turns)
Nobamba begins: Lighthouse (5 turns)
Nongoma begins: Airport (15 turns)
While attacking in British territory at Valencia, Gunship defeats (19.68/24): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 96.6%)
Gunship promoted: Combat II
While attacking in Spanish territory near Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (32.00/32): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
While attacking in Spanish territory near Madrid, Mechanized Infantry defeats (24.64/32): French Artillery (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
A Cottage was built near Byblos
Tech learned: Composites
London finishes: Spy
York finishes: Marine
Warwick grows: 21
Akhetaten finishes: Mechanized Infantry
Polynesian grows: 11
Jaipur finishes: Mechanized Infantry

IBT:
While defending in Spanish territory near Madrid, Mechanized Infantry loses to: Spanish Infantry (20.00/20) (Prob Victory: 59.5%)
A Farm was destroyed near Madrid
While defending in Spanish territory at Madrid, Mechanized Infantry loses to: French Gunship (1.20/24) (Prob Victory: 35.7%)

Turn 529/660 (1919 AD) [21-Aug-2007 20:30:54]
Research begun: Fission (10 Turns)
London begins: Modern Armor (4 turns)
York begins: Modern Armor (7 turns)
Canterbury begins: Modern Armor (3 turns)
Akhetaten begins: Airport (15 turns)
Jaipur begins: Modern Armor (10 turns)
While attacking in British territory at Valencia, Gaius Marius (Gunship) defeats (24.00/24): French Gunship (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Mechanized Infantry promoted: City Garrison II
Libyan finishes: Marine
Delhi finishes: Stealth Bomber
Liverpool finishes: Mechanized Infantry
Byblos grows: 8
Ghuzz grows: 13
uMgungundlovu finishes: Airport

IBT:
While defending in French territory near Rouen, Battleship loses to: French Destroyer (10.20/30) (Prob Victory: 33.9%)
Attitude Change: Shaka(Zululand) towards Hatshepsut(Egypt), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Shaka(Zululand) towards Washington(America), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 530/660 (1920 AD) [21-Aug-2007 20:37:25]
Hastings begins: Modern Armor (5 turns)
Libyan begins: Harbor (3 turns)
Delhi begins: Stealth Bomber (7 turns)
Liverpool begins: Stealth Bomber (7 turns)
uMgungundlovu begins: University (6 turns)
While attacking in British territory near Cordoba, Battleship defeats (40.00/40): French Submarine (Prob Victory: 88.2%)

Battle Stats:
Units victorious while attacking : 46
Units victorious while defending : 21
Units defeated while attacking : 4
Units defeated while defending : 25

:clap: :goodjob:

... one suspects the turnset wouldn't have gone as well if I had played :undecide:, so I'm glad I skipped :bounce:

That means I'm UP. Should have it played tomorrow sometimes if not tonite.

Uhhhmmm....I'm gonna need a skip ... my laptop slows down toooooo much loading this game. It took 10 minutes just to load the game up, I can only imagine how long each turn's going to take. So skip me til my new laptop/PC arrives in a couple of weeks.

After looking at the save, all seems very well.
I would took the time to raze Barcelona (we dont need it, and its culture will annoy us). Other than that i would head straight to Paris.

We must check the domination limit and not keep too much cities, because we still need to whack the Americans

Sunrise, you are UP ? Fun is for you

Update. A big storm knocked out the power last night. It didn't come back on until this morning. Playing tonight.

Holy Moley! I just played five turns (all I'm gonna play) and it took me 2.5 hours. Modern warfare is so much fun, but it's so damned draining. I'll put up a report tomorrow early.

To start things off, a bunch of folks want our stuff. I denied all trades and stopped taking screenies after the first couple.

Louis tried his own mini D-Day. Fortunately, half of our navy was sitting in Ghuzz. I whiped this task force out without losing a single ship.

Immy was right. This was a steam roll...

This was ironic. Louis' golden age has definitely ended. (Also note the loss of a great general in defense. Perhaps I was over-extending, but Louis' back is pretty much broken. This was one of maybe three of four troops I lost this set.)

Lastly, we birthed a new general. I merged him with an archer and took the free upgrade to mech infantry.

I've done a bunch of recon. Louis still has a ton of artillery sitting in his top 5 cities. I don't know why he hasn't brought them to the front. Still, our bombers are knocking everything of his down to 50% strength before we kill it. It's a good system.

Oh...PS...I have a settler just arrived in Madrid and a couple of others in the pipe. I want to get our entire continent under our yoke before some smartass settles a whole we left.

Top Bottom