1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The Test Of Time Patch Project

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by TheNamelessOne, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

@TheNamelessOne

If it isn't too much trouble, can you please allow civ.playMusic to accept the full file path (as it did before) in the next release? I may have used civ.playMusic in the scenarios that I worked on with JPetroski, so this regression could affect someone trying to play a scenario that is supposed to work. If this would be inconvenient for some reason, then I can go back and re-release the scenarios.

2. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff Supporter

Massive thanks, Prof! That list has saved so much time and head-scratching. Scrolling down that series of techs is mind-blowing.
    It's like back to the early days of CIV2...Endless possibilities. :)

3. Dadais

Dadais Prince

That's so amazing !
    Just "wouahou !"

Thank you.

4. CurtSibling

@TheNamelessOne

Potential problem? Since I installed the new version, I notice no units complete the fortification function.
    The units say "fortify" but they never actually fully dig in and entrench.

Blake00 likes this.
  5. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne Warlord

Thanks for reporting this, 0.18 skips fortifying units from being activated to fix an issue with the status panel not updating. This is clearly an unintended consequence of that change.

I'll upload a fix later today.

CurtSibling likes this.
  6. CurtSibling

7. tootall_2012

tootall_2012 King

Hi all,

For those who are interested, I updated the TOTPP PDF reference guide to version 0.18. It is located in the Scenario Creation Excel Sheet thread here.

CurtSibling and JPetroski like this.
  8. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne Warlord

Release 0.18.1:

Fixes
    :
    - Fixed units unable to fortify.
    - Changed civ.playMusic to accept absolute paths again.

This build depends on the Microsoft C++ runtime libraries (Older version for Windows XP). Install this if you get an error on launch.

As always, detailed information about the patches is available in the launcher. For an overview of all patches, as well as installation instructions & requirements, see the included README.txt. For Lua API documentation see the Lua reference thread. Happy gaming! :)

Attached Files:

9. Prof. Garfield

I think that the game is always providing this function with the current turn, not the turn for the date desired. I did a test by returning 'Testing Turn '..turn, and the spaceship window showed my spaceship arriving on the current turn (203), not the actual turn (I think 207, but doesn't really matter). Returning defaultDateString provided the correct date. Let me know if you'd like a working scenario with this bug.

10. CurtSibling

Fortify now works a charm. Thanks, TNO.

Future idea - I am wondering if there is any way to meddle with the bonuses of cty improvements above 50% increments.
    Or is there any way to increase improvement count in the same manner as the techs and units? Perhaps cloning existing ones?

11. Dadais

Dadais Prince

If understood well prior explanations from @Prof. Garfield , Units and Improvements are sharing the same bits to check when produced, which then limit their total number (improvements+units).

12. CurtSibling

Yes. Well, we recently just saw the limits for units pushed to 189. :)

13. Dadais

Dadais Prince

using some values that would "naturally" belong to excess improvements.

Prof explained about the 256 storage values, with about 128 positive for units and 128 negative for improvements.
    first expansion made use of all the positive values. Second expansion made use of negative values left unused by improvements.

Again, if remembering well ;) . And, after all, indeed, we may see a(nother) creative genius stroke pushing away the limit again someday.

Knighttime likes this.
  14. techumseh

techumseh Deity SLeague Staff

I'm trying to utilize the extra unit slots for my 1937 scenario now under construction. I installed Curt's new unit bmp, and I've changed the number of units in @COSMIC2 to 189, added 9 additional lines to @UNITS and the same number to @UNITS_ADVANCED. I added 9 more units, up to #134. Only the first two (126 and 127) appear or are buildable or can be added with the cheat menu. Interestingly, the #127 unit slot is on the next row in the units bmp. file. Perhaps I've overlooked something. Can anyone help? Thanks.

15. CurtSibling

@techumseh
    Did you use "NumberOfUnitTypes,189" in @COSMIC2 section, or the amount you are using?

I think it should match the actual number.

16. tootall_2012

tootall_2012 King

Hi Tech,

Have you tried updating the @@UNIT_INDEX in the describe.txt file?

As per the TOTPP reference guide
    "
    Describe.txt:
    To make the Civilopedia work with the new unit types, it is important to update @@UNIT_INDEX. This list needs to have the same order as the unit entries in Rules.txt. Set the extra entries to -1 for a quick fix (no description).
    "

17. CurtSibling

It's best to keep an open mind, and not shoot down suggestions.
    I'll wait to see what TNO himself says. Cheers for your input.

18. techumseh

techumseh Deity SLeague Staff

Thanks for the suggestions gents. Unfortunately, adjusting the numbers of units in @Cosmic doesn't fix it. And it's not the Civilopedia that's the problem just at the moment, the units don't appear in the build menu, nor can you create them in cheat mode (which is what I've been hoping to do).

19. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

Tech here's a rules file that works (including getting them in the cheat menu). It has all 189 units present and it works in cheat menu as well as the build (well, assuming you modify @Units Advanced to allow it). It might just be easier to spend a few minutes copying and pasting back and forth than to troubleshoot.

I'm also attaching a working units.bmp for you.

Note that while all 189 are present I have attached a rules file that just has them more or less blank (though extra unit 62 is now buildable by the white civ just for testing). So hopefully this doesn't jam you up and you can just move forward with it and only use the units you need.

Attached Files:

20. Prof. Garfield

@TheNamelessOne

How feasible is it to add the civ.scen.onCanFoundCity check to advanced tribes? I'm confident I can work around it using tile.fertility and make a simplified interface for the designer in my template, but it would be more convenient to have it in the same place as the other checks.

Now that I think about it, we don't have a way of checking if a tile has a village (or, at least I don't know how), so messing with the fertility values of all the tiles might impact the AI's play (more than this event will do anyway) since I can't restrict fertility changes to tiles with villages. This would only be relevant for circumstances where the AI would be allowed to build with a setter, but wouldn't deserve an advanced tribe. This might be an unlikely problem, but I still think we could use a village check for tiles anyway.