The Vanguard

Absolutely. :)

In fact, the coming release of Civ4 was what induced me to get this one started so soon after the end of the previous one. And it's also inducing me to go ahead and post the mod file I used for this thread. (Need to make an educated guess as to the correct tweak level)

I'm glad your continuing on with the story. I'll keep following even after I am playing Civ4. I will look for more stories from you in the future (from Civ3 and Civ4 (if you play it))

Hope I didn't scare anybody with the sudden lack of updates. Combination of
writer's block and my job. Gonna send Akala to deal with my boss real soon...... :mad:

Since I've been running slow, I'm going to go ahead and release the first slide
of the next episode. Next couple of slides will feature the first engagement
between Persia and the Gen'Shar!

Time for some over-the-top acting, with.....

REALLY
BIG
CAPTIONS!!!
:D

Great now when can we get some actually fighting:ar15:
lol i like the storm troopers :lol:

Yay I got into the Gen'Shar history!!!!!!!! :banana: :p
She lied though it wasn't enough fighting;)
Im after Drasha's true heart eh:mischief: oh well:lol:
More fighting:ar15: and more posting Basketcase!

The thought of being at war against five civilizations at once--and getting attacked by 9-high horseman stacks from the other four--convinced me to try out war-time mobilization in this mod. Mild cheating may be necessary here; in order to end the mobilization, I have to make peace with somebody, which is kind of a no-no in Always War. However, I have no problem with staying on a permanent war-time footing, unless I want to build a University..... :)

_____

....and Val'Kor wasn't kidding, either!! :eek:

Last night I completely lost my head and started playing ahead again. I mean, WAY ahead. Like well into the AD years. The screenshots you've seen so far?? HA! Those are nothing compared to what the AI's started throwing at me. Picture those same shots with five times as many units on them, all coming straight at YOU. Now picture that happening every single turn for the entire game. That's basically what happened. I was tearing my hair out trying to keep Andor Gen'Shar from getting completely overrun!

I was able to do it (so far) with only two tiles pillaged and one Shok division (Guerillas) lost, but MAN, was it tough!! Only Civ3 game I've seen that was crazier was Bamspeedy's SuperSid difficulty game where he gave all the AI's a 90% production discount.....

Fortunately I kept my head enough to make a backup copy of every autosave file for the entire game, so I've got a full record--but it's basically all just "more of the same" shots that don't make for good storytelling. Don't worry, I've got other plans for the story once I get organized here.

Feel free to post the results of your games, as well as modifications to the mod. Right now it's way too hard, but the balance is pretty delicate with this one.

Enjoy--but don't say I didn't warn you..... :D

KAL'NA'SHOK!!!

Attachments

• Alien Invaders.zip
    22 KB · Views: 178
Sudden with drawl sets in...
How long is this going to take???

How far along is AI in tech at this point and is any of them not at war with you?

Okay, dled the mod. I'll make a few little posts.

Igiash Gen'Shar founded 1 tile to the left.

Top Bottom