The Vanguard

Wow, a lot of time must have gone into this. Awesome story so far.... :D

blade102 said:
She is sooooooooo... fired
More like her head ehe? the Gen'Shar don't seem to be the forgiving type...
(one thinks of multiple Gen'Shar :ninja::ninja: appearing in the night):D

Man, did these last few turns ever go wrong fast!!!

This scenario actually plays very quickly, so I got several turns ahead of the story you've seen so far. Things just dogpiled, one after another. Persia demands Code of Laws, I tell them to shove it, they declare--then the Japanese, Celts and Americans join in. And, of course, RIGHT when I try to grab that rubber to the northwest......it's like the AI's were cheating, and peeking at my defensive strength in the City......

Is this the end for the Gen'Shar?? Will the Highest defend their legacy???

Or will it all come to an end!?!?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME, on......

By the way--I apologize, but I can't release the scenario file yet. Aside from needing to tweak it a little more, I currently have no idea how winnable the scenario actually is--I could be fighting a hopeless cause, and I don't want to spoil the surprise. :)

Keep watching, this game could be the one where I get whomped..... :eek:

This story is just fantastic BasketCase! I love the way the story is told with pictures rather than long blocks dialogue just written out. You seem to be in a slight predicament but I think you'll figure out something! Are you planning to recall your troops headed for Nagasaki or are you going to carry on with the attack??

Basketcase, quit your job, drink lots of caffeine, take no-doz...we need updates ASAP! It's a lot more interesting than doing my work.... :crazyeye:

tupaclives said:
You seem to be in a slight predicament but I think you'll figure out something! Are you planning to recall your troops headed for Nagasaki or are you going to carry on with the attack??
This chapter in the game actually happened a week and a half ago. Yes, I went ahead and recalled my troops--I had a panic attack when that horde of Persian marauders appeared! :D

How did the battle end....? Stay tuned.....

Hmm, I think things worked out if you're still talking about it and posting updates. Then again, you could be pretending and fooling us all. Wonderful update, though. Looking forward to the next *sits and twidles thumbs until Basket updates*.

BasketCase said:
This chapter in the game actually happened a week and a half ago.
Wow, a week and a half ago! How long does each episode take to be postable? Your dedication is much appriciated!:goodjob:

Each post takes a day minimum, usually more than one. A lot of it consists of staring at a blank wall and trying to figure out how I want to arrange all the ideas I want to present.

Anyhow, a quick tactical update on my current situation: I've got two warriors fortified in Andor Gen'Shar, one regular Rifleman in the city, one vet Rifleman to the northwest, one artillery also to the northwest, an Explorer hiding in the city, and four workers trying to clear the jungle east of the city. Those workers need 1 more turn to finish the job.

The city has a barracks in it. Next turn, that galley will move up to the city and drop an archer next to it.

That should be plenty for y'all to churn ideas around in your heads and think up ways you might defend the city. Don't worry about spoiling the game by posting ideas; the battle has already ended. (I will say, there was one excellent idea for defending the city, which never occurred to me until it was too late.....!)

Okay, I'm off to do the next update!

Im new on the forum, this story is the first i have read and now i wait impatiently for the next update!

Welcome to CFC lucky_donkey! :beer: I'm sure you will find this forum a great place to be and this story will end up being well worth the wait. :)

Top Bottom