The Viking Age (Scenario for European Middle Ages MOD)

Finally I have some time to try the scenario out. I saw that you removed the smaller sized map, could you bring that back? My computer has trouble running the largest size maps near the end of the game and I think others would use it too.

Updated scenario to .45 version of European Middle Ages Mod. See first couple of posts in this thread for details.

If you've not tried the Middle Ages mod, give it a go. It's coming along nicely, and the new map makes play more interesting. I'm certain a number of scenarios will arise as in continues to be improved.

Scenario has been updated to 1.5... changed path name to direct scenario to update Medieval Mod .5 and added New World and Hanseatic spaceship victories.

The Middle Ages mod is improving with every version. Thanks to Head Serf for his hard work in carrying the project forward. I look forward to every update, as each vastly improves this scenario...

Has this mode been updated since Feb 07? Ive been looking for something simular... though more specific to the British Isles (larger British Isles map) then NW Europe.

hmmm...I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been active in a while. I've just gotten into the Civ mod thing recently after playing the main games for a while. Started playing The Viking Age a week ago and have to say it's my favorite mod to date. The map is excellent and the game is truly epic in scope. I'm still playing my first game with at least 200 turns left to go. Most of all, I like playing the Welsh and having them rule the world. One great thing about the game is the tech tree. I like how you've completely modified it to really represent relevant technologies and stop it at reasonable point. I've been disapointed in other mods in ancient and medieval ages that did nothing to the tech tree so that you are suddenly up against techs and military far advance for the time.

A few comments on the game: It would be interesting to have William invade Britain on or around 1066. Maybe that was in the design but he's just not fighting me because I've grown rather powerful. William is a pain though and does not like me much. The Scandanavian Civs also seem a little timid to me. They're attacking other Civs like the Scots and Irish but have not come after me. I've noticed a few bugs in the game but nothing glaring. It seems that some units disappear when I move then to cities over seas and sometimes my nobles don't actually join a city when I ask them to. What I've done is wait a turn before asking them to join.

I have a question about the tourney improvement: I notice it is a national wonder that you can build 2 or 3 times. However, I notice that the option pops up again now and then. Is the intent to have this be a temporary improvement that functions like a tourney would function? That is, you can organize a tournament or jousting event to temporarily boost a cities experience points for equestrian units?

On last point is that a lot of CIVS are very hard to get friendly with if their religion is different. I think William is design to be an azz no matter what. However, I have trouble establishing open borders with some of my neighbors.

Great mod! Any improvements or updates in the pipeline?

This is just a scenerio of the EMA mod. To do the things that your suggesting such as having william invade would require python scripting, something that would effect the whole mod.

Oh bum! I was just starting on a (much more basic) scenario of my own, based in the same geographic area and timeframe (only with a focus on the unification of England). Oh well. Your scenario looks excellent, and I look forward to giving it a try!

My Byzantium scenerio? Currently it is on hold until I can get help fixing a formationinfo.xml file. I am still working slowly on pedia.

This is my favourite scenario from the EMA mod. Its a pitty there is no BtS version of it. :(

Craig made the map I think, so there are no blank versions. If you feel like it, open up the WBS file in notepad, then either change or delete all units and change all civs to ones that are in core civ.

Top Bottom