The wait is killing me

I've been off work sick this week. Why - oh why! - couldn't I have gotten sick next week so I could play [...]

Why?

Me too! I'm starting to get nuts. I don't want to play any other games. I'm just thinking about Civ V lol. Now, I'm better, I'm back at work this week-end (yeah... I work in week-ends too... :p I'm used to it) and the game will release while I would be off to work instead of being able to play all week long. This is so unfair :sad:

I thought it would make me feel more happy too, but instead, it just made me all the more crazy! :cry: The horror! The agony!

I know what you mean...I keep clicking play and Steam keeps telling me no. :nono:

I pre-ordered the 100 $ special edition from Amazon and selected the delivery date option of release day September 21st. I hope that is accurate.

The 21st is my anniversary, my wife is not a fan of Civ games. I'm too busy feeling pity for myself to worry about you guys :)

The 21st is my anniversary, my wife is not a fan of Civ games. I'm too busy feeling pity for myself to worry about you guys :)

Go rent a fancy hotel room for the 20th and tell her it was booked on the 21st so you had to make it the 20th. Make sure you both drink a ton of alcohol and she'll be hung over on the 21st and will sleep in all day. You can then play Civ all day, albeit in rather rough shape.....at least you can play without getting into trouble!

I was planning to take Tuesday afternoon off and Wednesday. Then I found out it unlocks 9am my local time so I just decided to take the whole week off after working Monday.

:^)

The way I look at Tuesday is my life pre release civ 5 and my life post release civ 5. It may as well be the starting of a new epoch.

I actually already set everything up for the 19th, she's says it's ok but I'm old enough to know women better than that. I did get her a Spa coupon and have been trying to convince her that the 21st is the perfect day to spend at the Spa.

I actually already set everything up for the 19th, she's says it's ok but I'm old enough to know women better than that. I did get her a Spa coupon and have been trying to convince her that the 21st is the perfect day to spend at the Spa.

Sadly you are correct.....that's why my plan is brilliant though. I developed it with 30 years experience in marraige.

The wait has been brutal but at least it's winding down. Game is preloaded. Vacation time secured. Wife pacified and prepped. All is good and about to get much better.

GalCiv2 is a classic to me. Elemental is a beta demo by comparison. Elemental might be good some day if they gut, redesign, and fix almost everything about it but right now it's just not a good game. It's very saddening.

I've been playing torchlight but it's odd. The game is a marvelous Diablo clone, extremely well done, highly entertaining, but for some reason, it puts me to sleep. It's like it hypnotizes or something. Doesn't matter how well rested I am, after 2-3 dungeon levels I'm about ready to pass out. I still haven't got thru the game because I can't stay awake. It's wierd as heck since I enjoy playing it a lot.

I'll likely focus more on reading or maybe even get some work done since won't be doing much of either next week.

As yet another side note...

Ah, Octoberfest. I visited Germany around the time of reunification and got obliterated at the Hofbräuhaus - I ended up yodelling with a waitress and apparently had a good time (I barey remember anything).

I was planning to take Tuesday afternoon off and Wednesday. Then I found out it unlocks 9am my local time so I just decided to take the whole week off after working Monday.:^)

I was gonna take weds - fri off to make for a nice long weekend but since it's unlocking at 7am my time, there's no way I can work tuesday, so I'm only working monday too.

I found that trying something new makes the wait a lot more easy. Last eel I tried Europa Universalis III for the first time, and now I am hooked. Out may very well be one of the best strategy games ever, so I can kill the time until then with that game.

If you have not tried it out yet, impulse offers the game for 50% off this weekend. Try it. You know you want to.

They should give us the Civilopedia over the weekend. I mean, really, we already know most of the stuff, and we could use the time doing something productive like arguing over the small print in the description of the Phalanx. There is no reason to keep that secret anymore ... Please?

I envy you guys. I'm living in South Korea and I have to wait until September 24th to start playing... :cry::cry:

I feel your pain. Living in Brazil, this is what I get from Steam:
Available: 23 September 2010
This game will unlock in approximately 6 days and 7 hours.

I've preloaded it... So I hope I can start to play as soon I download the little (hopefully) ZDP (Zero Day Patch)...

Me too! I'm starting to get nuts. I don't want to play any other games. I'm just thinking about Civ V lol. Now, I'm better, I'm back at work this week-end (yeah... I work in week-ends too... :p I'm used to it) and the game will release while I would be off to work instead of being able to play all week long. This is so unfair :sad:

Maybe we could go over to the dude's house who's getting the strippers and the bouncy castle to kill the time.

Course at my age that wouldn't pass the time until Civ 5 (or even Civ 6) is released. It would probably put me in my box. Ain't no civvin' when you're in your box.

Top Bottom