The World Behind the Curtains

Okay I've officially started major work on the update. Signups locked unless I sent you a PM or you ask me pretty please. I might consider adding you into the update if you're fast enough. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until next turn.

I'm withdrawing from this game.

UPDATE ZERO – January 2013

Organisation|Player
The Silencers|Special NPC
The Collective of Applied Hedonism and Coolness|Seon
The Perimeter Agency|Sonereal
The Judas Flotilla|Civ’ed
Cenobium Security|thomas.berubeg
Necrotic Broterhood|jackelgull
The Hunters|Reus
Jasim Nened |Ailedhoo
The Organisation (UNIPCEIO)|Terran Empress
The Deucalion Guard|KaiserElectric
Ay'la Syn Expedition|Tolni

C:\Users\no1uno\Delphi.exe
>Delphi.exe v.1.0537 activated…
>“Hello! I am Delphi, an artificial intelligence enhanced by thaumaturgical means, designed to find interesting extranormal events from around the conventional and extranormal internet for voyeurs such as you (;”
>“It appears that my program has been updated recently. Would you like to hear about my new features?” Y/n
>y
>“Okay! My programmers have given me new functionality, tags for events! Along with giving the source of the interesting event (which newspaper or extranormal blog it has come from), tags will now describe what type of event it is!
>“Currently I have two types of tags: [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] and [EVENT].
>“[EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] describes events that will likely draw the attention of extranormal organisations and the silencers. I will also give a danger level, currently danger levels range from one to three, with higher being more dangerous to operatives on the ground.”
>“[EVENT] describes events that will likely not draw the attention of the silencers and will likely only directly affect organisations directly impacted by it.”
>“That’s the new features, would you like to see an extended change log?” y/N
>n
>“Okay then! Type begin and I’ll start my operation!”
>begin
>Delphi.exe retrieving data…
>printing…
>done!

Nogigrosk Cult [Source: Extranormal Frontier Law’s Cultwatch Blog] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 1]

There’s nothing quite as dangerous as a cult that’s got their hands on an extranormal artefact. Doubly so if said artefact involves mind control. A cult has taken root in Nogigrosk, a small town in the Novosibirsk Oblast within the Russian Federation. The cult (which currently has no name, so we’ll refer to it as “The Nogigrosk Cult”) apparently worships a vase that was recovered from a nearby archaeological site.

Video recordings recovered from the town showed the cult leader walking around in a procession, holding the vase atop his head. Those who had not yet been brainwashed by the Nogigrosk Cult were dragged in front of the leader and had the vase placed atop their head, after which they would proceed to join in the procession, no matter how resistant they had been before. The cult appears to be quite aggressive in their recruitment, with cult members dragging hapless victims towards the leader and subduing any who put up resistance.

The Nogigrosk Cult was last seen leaving Nogigrosk, presumably to spread the good news to the rest of the Novosibirsk Oblast. Readers would be advised to avoid the region, lest you get caught in the inevitable crossfire or have your brain dominated by a vase.

Dominic Anomaly [Source: Jupiter Report Blog] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 1]

Welcome to a special edition of the Jupiter Report, my name is Gazikumukh. If you wish to learn more about my blog, please read the about page.

The Warlock known as “Dominic the Inevitable” was infamous for providing extranormal weaponry to extremist groups throughout the Americas. He was not associated with any known organisation, but he has supplied extranormal weaponry to many terrorist organisations for an exorbitant profit. His recent demise may have significant impact on the ability for extranormal terrorist organisations to acquire weaponry.

Dominic the Inevitable was showing of his latest project in an apartment in Los Angeles to his latest buyers, a violent pro-Californian independence group. My sources are unsure what he was selling, but he claims that he would “bring the fires of hell itself to Earth”. Evidently something went wrong, a loud explosion was heard new year’s eve from the apartment. Police sent to investigate were reportedly immolated, with their charred skeletons being ejected from the apartment. Additionally, residents of the apartment complex are reporting unusual apparitions and impossible geometry. With the police evacuating the apartment block, it is only a matter of time before an extranormal organisation attempts to investigate.

Lorian Swamp Monster [Source: MidnightThoughts Blog] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 1]

Hello friends and followers of the dark, I am the MidnightThinker and today I have a treat for you all. That’s right, it’s another segment of Monster Safari! I know you’ve been begging me to do another one of these for months and today I’ve found something truly exciting.

Today our safari takes us to the Lorian Swamp, a massive wetland area in the Northeastern Province of Kenya. Recently there have been strange reports of deaths by the people living in the area. How do we know that this is some sort of monster and not just a generic serial killer? Well, the victims all have the muscle completely pulled out of their bodies, with everything else left around the corpse. None of the muscle has been found in any of the scenes reported. There’s no way that a normal human could do that without being caught.

I went undercover in the region in the guise of a local reporter. No one has seen the monster directly, but interestingly the monster seems to exclusively target people in positions of power. Mayors, religious leaders and patriarchs seem to be its preferred forms of prey. I talked to the son of one of the mayors who were caught, he claimed to hear the noise of “something like two horses running across the yard.” Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get a look at the monster yet, hopefully I’ll be able to get a peek before the suits come in and cover this whole thing up.

Second Coming My Arse [Source: Extranormal Frontier Law’s Cultwatch Blog] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 1]

It seems like New Year’s is a busy time for cults, especially ones with extranormal powers. A small town Dikisler, in the Hatay Province of Turkey, has seen a man claim to be the second coming of Christ appear. This man appears to be incredibly charismatic, encouraging the citizens of the town to kill non-Christians and Christians who do not follow him. He also seems to be preaching a form of Byzantine Iconoclasm, not only demanding the destruction of any depiction of the human form but also any medium capable of creating an image of the human form. This, unfortunately, includes cameras.

A brave reader was able to get a photograph onto the Internet, showing a creature that looks more like Frankenstein’s Monster than it does Jesus. A humanoid creature made up of seemingly dozens of corpses walks amongst the people, yet apparently according our reader he looks just like Jesus if you view him with your naked eye.

Unfortunately, our reader appears to have been captured by the cult, but before he disappeared he reported that this “Jesus” was joined by one of his apostles “Simon”. This was after “Jesus” encouraged a small group of the townsfolk to enter a workshop on the edge of town, who have not been heard from since. One might worry that as more people disappear, more of these “Apostles” will begin to manifest.

Firework Dragon [Source: Bangkok Post, translated] [EXTANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 1]

Headline: Bangkok Firework Thieves Found Dead, Police Report

The bodies of the gang of thieves who stole a box of fireworks intended for the New Year’s celebrations in Bangkok were found by the police in downtown Bangkok in the early hours of New Years Day. The thieves had allegedly had not secured the fireworks properly, causing one of the fireworks to explode and kill the thieves as well as injuring nearby civilians.

Civilians report seeing a “dragon made of fireworks” fly into a nearby building, however the police have dismissed the reports as “hallucinations caused by alcohol and adrenaline”. This story is ongoing, please see our blog for live updates.

Az Ember Káprázat Disappear [Source: MidnightThinker] [EVENT]

I’ve got an update on an old Monster Safari story – the old Káprázats, popularized by that famous Bureau of Extranormality leak, have seemed to have straight up vanished. Their influence seems strangely lacking in Eastern Europe, my contacts connected to the Bureau report that they can’t find them anywhere. Theories range from this being some sort of hibernation event to the possibility that they’ve all died off for some reason. To be honest, I’m as baffled as the Bureau are on this one. If any of my readers have any information on this strange incident, you know where to contact me.

Disassembler – Serial Killer or Alien Experiment Gone Wrong? [Source: TruthWars Blog] [EVENT]

Is the Disassembler really “just” a serial killer terrorising Californians? Or is he an alien experiment gone wrong? According to my CIA informants (which are really real, stop spreading lies about me Kevin you Obama shill) the Disassembler is not all it seems. I, Joan Alexandra of TruthWars, will bring you the real news, not censored by the lamestream media and government Illuminati stooges.

The Disassembler is really a Martian-hybrid created by the British Royal Family to cover up their Satanic pizza delivery business, however it was co-opted by the Rothschilds and the Moonmen to ensure the dominance of Hollywood over children’s entertainment. I would show you the proof, but I had to delete it before the undead superhackers could get their hands on it. You’re just going to have to take it from me. But when have I ever lied to you?

That is why the Disassembler brutally cuts its victims into thousands of pieces – it is a ploy by the Rothschilds to show what happens to those who go against their banking empire, and that includes the British Royal Family. Remember that not even being a lizard will save you from the evils of the New World Order.

Bureau of Extranormality’s Director Retires [Source: Jupiter Report Blog] [EVENT]

Director Douglas Pedrosa has retired as the head of the Bureau of Extranormality, passing on the mantle to his successor, former naval operations manager Chuck Beasley. The Bureau of Extranormality was a once powerful organisation associated with the European Union, however its relationship soured with the European Union due to the Bureau’s mishandling of numerous leaks. The Bureau is mostly irrelevant on the world stage now, only performing minor operations in Argentina and failing to keep the Káprázat contained in Eastern Europe.

The retirement of Director Pedrosa may represent the beginning of a new page in the Bureau’s history, it may regain the prestige it has lost in the eyes of the international extranormal community. However, if Director Beasley fails to reform the organisation then this succession may do nothing to stop the Bureau’s continued decline.

****************​

That took a bit longer than I thought it would! Everyone should be receiving PMs with their stats and some special private events shortly. If you don't get a PM within the next hour, bother me.

I’m not 100% happy with the events, but I figure that its better to get the update out rather than waste time tweaking to perfection. I think once I get a better handle on the game environment and player organisations I’ll be able to write events that fit the flavour of your organisations better.

I’m going to set the lock for the 29th of November, 1pm Canberra time. The in-universe date is January 1st 2013. Have fun!

Last edited:
Alright, PMs should be sent. If you didn't get your PM yet then something has gone wrong so you should contact me ASAP.

No matter how many times he did it, the director of the FSB Alexander Vasilyevich Bortnikov found his weekly chess games with the Speaker of the Dead deeply unnerving. It didn't help that the FSB could find no information on the Brotherhood. The last agent who tried had been returned to the FSB a little worse for wear, if by that you meant chopped into a thousand little piece, each piece kept alive and dancing by necromancy in some sort of morbid puppet theater of the absurd. More than that, it was in the man's eyes, empty pits wth a faint glow to them. They looked like the eventual heat death of the universe. And there was the fact that every game tended to be information warfare. It was the only peek the director got into the Brotherhood and absent of anything else he would take it. Bortnikev had made it his personal mission to weasel what he could out of the Speaker using every trick he knew.
"Impressive piece of handiwork in Ukraine. Really removed a thorn in our side. How did you get his mistress to kill him?"
"That is a good question. Almost as good as what you're hiding from the Organization."
"So we're playing that game?"
"I thought this was chess, but if you're getting bored of losing, I'll be a gracious host and entertain. If you put out theories, I might be inclined to drop a hint or two."
As he says this, the Speaker moves his queen for the third check of the game.
Alexander stroked his chin in thought. "Let me guess: You had the mistress killed several days before the job, then reanimated her to do the hit?"
As soon as he said this, he realized it was wrong. If that had been the case, the reanimation would end as soon as the assassination did, leaving the police to rule it as a lover's suicide. His conclusion was confirmed when the Speaker began laughing.
"You just ... you just ... I know politicians have skeletons in their closet but they usually don't make love to them" The Speaker manages to get out in between fits of laughter. "Thank you for that, but no, we're not in the habit of enabling necrophilia".
"You have some kompromat on her? Something worth going to jail over murder to protect? Perhaps something that could destroy her father?"
"You're on the money, but it has nothing to do with her father. Apparently she had a lover on the side."
Alexander blinks, "You're toying with me, no one goes to jail for murder over that."
"Wouldn't you like to know" the Speaker teases in a high falsetto before taking out a pack of cards.
"People do all sorts of strange things for love" he continues while fanning himself with the deck. It only serves to reinforce how young the Speaker looks. Alexander knows this is part of a necromancy spell that slows down decay and aging but it is profoundly weird to see someone on his level who looks like he should be in high school.
"Speaking of doing things for love", Alexander began in a dry tone, "Putin requests you look into the cult of the vase, just in case."
"Is this a request or one of those requests" the Speaker asked, saying the last word in a strange tone.
Bortkinov sighed. He walked a fine line here. While the Brotherhood's dependency on the Russian Federation gave him leverage, The Necrotic Brotherhood did have a network of influence outside of Putin. While they were not untouchable, any confrontation with them could be unpleasant.
"It's a request, I assure you. More of a favor really, since the pursuit of knowledge is an important part of your Brotherhood."
The Speaker for the Dead paused to give it thought.
"I suppose mind control has many useful applications" he said in an ominous tone, "Very well, I shall consider your request".
It was very clearly a dismissal, one that Alexander felt no shame in taking with all haste.
As he left, he though of this man with the ability to control minds and shuddered.

Odysseus Protocol: White Hat Operations Jan 24th

Target 1: Caduceus Internal Communications, San Francisco, California

Speaker A: Undetected
Speaker B: Uncertain, possibly US Senator █████████ ██████

A: -chance that the Justice Department contacts could pull some strings?

B: For a serial killer? No chance.

A: Damn it. This may go beyond our scope, I'll need to pass this to Legion Seven.

B: I didn't think the Disassembler would fall under your jurisdiction.

A: Sentient life created from unnatural means, Senator. Sure it's a bit hairy but the Talos Directive clearly states beings like our target fall under our umbrella.

B: Right. I'll try to stall the investigation best I can until I hear back. Just make sure you get rid of him before he ki-

Connection Interrupted.

Minor breach. 'A' reprimanded for lax security procedures.

Quick something I forgot to mention - I would greatly prefer it if you sent me your orders in the conversation that I sent you your dossiers in. That would make things easier to organise for me.

~24 hours until lock. Come on everybody, everybody to the limit!

Orders locked! Sorry about the slight delay, but some stuff happened. But I'm going to try and not let things get in the way of my enjoyment of this game.

UPDATE ONE – February 2013
Organisation|Player
The Judas Flotilla|Civ’ed
The Hunters|Reus
Jasim Nened |Ailedhoo
The Organisation (UNIPCEIO) |Terran Empress

Spiderman Stalker [Source: ABC News Brisbane] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 1] Police in Brisbane are on the lookout for an unidentified escaped criminal. The so-called “Spiderman Stalker” was arrested for harassing tourists in the Gold Coast yesterday evening. The police have advised anyone seeing a man crawling on the ground in a Spiderman outfit to not approach the subject as he is extremely dangerous and to instead inform the authorities.

Doggun Factory [Source: Extranormal Frontier Law’s Cultwatch Blog] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 1] Occasionally we get stuff that we can’t really tell if they’re cults or not, but for the safety of our readers we included anything that even hints at something that can take away your freedom. A Chinese reader somehow got his hands on a rather interesting document from the Ministry of Public Security. A worker from a clipper factory in Doggun, People’s Republic of China gave a report to the local police. He reported that his co-workers were acting strangely, they would act normally but after they talked to the Foreman they would become model workers, but strangely devoid of emotion. And he swore that he could hear clicking and beeping noises from the other workers. But then, the man came back to the police office, apparently smiling and incredibly happy. He then said in a monotone voice that his earlier report was just a misunderstanding and that they shouldn’t look into it. Creepy stuff.

Ratmen in the Sewers [Source: BBC News] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 1] A sewer worker in London was hospitalised after being attacked in the sewers. This has come after a series of sewage workers being seriously injured by unknown sources, which has caused outcry in the community and a demand for the government to review current safety procedures. The injured man said that he was attacked a “man with ratlike features”, but he concluded that he was probably seeing things due to the fumes.

Disappearance at Sao Paulo Zoo [Source: Folha de S.Paulo Online, translated from Portuguese] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 2] An elderly and much loved lion has disappeared from the Sao Paulo Zoo early this morning. Investigators on the scene found an unusual trail of blood, that seemed to go through fences without any signs of damage to the fence. It is unknown if this incident is related to the reported sightings of a large grey feline creature in the city last month.

A Small Angry Thing [Source: Times of India Online] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 2] Police are investigating a series of unprovoked brawls occurring between good friends in public places in Pune. None of the participants in the brawls can seem to remember why they were brawling. Apparently, all participants recall being insulted by a midget wearing a brown hat, cloak and an orange scarf covering his face shortly before these brawls occurred. The police are encouraging anyone who knows the whereabouts of this man to report his location to the authorities.

ISIS Claims Attack in Dikisler, Hatay, Turkey [Source: Hürriyet Daily News] [EVENT] Hundreds of people are dead and many more are injured in the town of Dikisler in the province of Hatay after a large explosion during an art exhibition. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack, saying that this is just the first strike in their war against “the traitorous and infidelous state of Turkey”. President Abdullah Gül has condemned the attacks and promises greater Turkish involvement in stopping ISIS.

Putin to Empower Anti-Corruption Agency, Promises “Anti-Corruption Push” [Source: RT Online News] [EVENT] After the shock revelation that senior Russian military officials, including Colonel General Dorofei Lavrov, had ties to illegal criminal organisations, President Vladimir Putin has proposed giving the Investigative Committee of Russia even more powers to fight corruption within all parts of the Russian government, including the military. This anti-corruption campaign will mirror Prime Minister Dimitri Medvedev’s anti-corruption campaign during his time as the President, but apparently with an even wider scope.

Gangs Members Just Need to Chill Out Dude [Source: Guru Gary the Californian Shaman Blog] [EVENT] I heard about a recent shooting in a small town in California. The police said that it was connected to gangland activity. Whoa. That’s terrible, gangs even going into the serene bliss of small towns? And with this and all the Disassembler killings (which the police confirmed was not related to this recent incident thank Bhudda and Gandi and Vishnu) the people of California are having some seriously bad feng shewi man.

If you’re a gang member are you are reading this, stop what you are doing and meditate with me. Breathe in, breathe out. Reflect on your actions. Remember that all the problems that you are having are caused by eldritch deep Gods trying to claw away at the precious jewels that are your sanity. And like, stop being part of a gang dude. Its not very cool. You should get into yoga instead. That will totally balance your karma and lead you towards true enlightenment dude.

Lorian Swamp Monster Update [Source: MidnightThoughts Blog] [EVENT] I’m sorry to say everyone, but it looks like this Monster Safari hasn’t panned out as well as I hoped. Apparently, I wasn’t fast enough to catch a glimpse of the monster before someone else got to it. I spent all of last week wading through the swamp trying to find it, yet I found…nothing. Additionally, the disappearances have recently just stopped. Oh well, this isn’t the first safari not to pan out and it certainly won’t be the last. There are plenty of other things that go “bump” in the night that we can try and cop a peek at…

A New Cat Café [Source: Advertisement on CatFanatics Forums] [EVENT] New from Spieglecorp, this new Cat Café will be the finest Cat Café in all of New York, accepting only the finest of clients. And, in turn, they will be granted the finest care. Bring you kitty friends to the grand opening this February on a date yet to be determined! Read more at www.spieglecorp/english/cats.de.

Californian Man Finds the Truth – Ascends to Next World! [Source: TruthWars Blog] [EVENT] The suits were crawling all over a Los Angeles apartment block the other day. The scum were all there, CIA, the FBI, the DEA, the OSF and probably a bunch of other TLAs that we don’t even know about! And do you know why? Because another TruthWars reader found the true meaning of life! He saw through the blindfold imposed by government, society and the toothpaste lobby that they told him was life and he tore right through it! Ripped it off! And now, like the rats that they are, they’re scrambling to cover it up!

Well guess what Mr Hussein Obama, if that even is you real name? You can’t get him now! He’s gone past the Earth, past the Moon, past the Oort Cloud and past your so-called “God”. He’s reached the true reality, FreedomLand, where not even the Globalists can get to him! That’s what all those weird visions and noises the other apartment blocks saw and heard. That was my reader breaking through the ceiling and escaping the chains that weigh us down! And that’s why they’ve stopped, because he’s finally free!

Hear that, globalists? YOU! CAN’T! BREAK! THE! HUMAN! SPIRIT! WE WILL NEVER BE SLAVES! WE ARE HUMAN AND THERE’S NOTHING YOU CAN TO DO STOP US!!!

I can help you, as well, to ascend to a new plane of reality. All you have to do is buy my new series of books, Joan Alexandra’s Star Stairway to a Globalist Free Life and Bonus Crosswords, all for ten easy payments of $99.99! Order yours today!

Extreme Weather in Novosibirsk Oblast [Source: RT Online News] [EVENT] The Novosibirsk Oblast is on high alert due to extreme weather conditions in the area. The military was deployed to evacuate the town of Nogigrosk due to a blizzard. Novosibrisk weather official Isaiah Podkuplennyy reported that there is nothing to worry about for the average Novosibirsk Oblast unless you hear an official government order to evacuate, but that people in the danger areas should be prepared to evacuate on short notice.

Hiker Jean Danek Found in the Canadian Rockies [Source: CBC Online] [EVENT] Albertan Jean Danek was found after three days of being lost in the Canadian Rockies. Jean Danek reportedly broke her leg and fell unconscious during what was meant to be a three-hour hike. It was dark when she woke up, apparently leading her to take a wrong turn and get lost in the wilderness. Danek has been reunited with friends and family after a fellow Hiker found her lost in the area. She is currently recovering in a hospital where she is being treated for injuries.

Asian Incel Problems [Source: /r/incels user /u/Asian_Incel] [EVENT] You think that you guys have it bad? You should see the [expletive redacted] we have to deal in Thailand. All of the western chads come over here and steal all the low IQ femdroid, leaving none left for us natives. Just the other day, I saw two foreign men walking in downtown Bangkok. They were huge! They were built like a truck, I swear they were over seven feet tall! I didn’t get a good look at them because they were wearing thick coats. I’m sure that if I was a low IQ femdroid then I would fall head over heels for those kinds of guys. How am I meant to compete!?

[expletive redacted] chads. Its their fault why I don’t get any women.

Disney and LucasFilm to Produce new Dracula Film! [Source: Showbiz Gossip Blog] [EVENT] Hello darlings! Today I have a juicy piece of gossip. Apparently, Disney is wanting LucasFilm to branch out and do other projects other than Star Wars! I know, its quite a shock to me too!

Apparently, some big wig at Disney fell in love with the idea of a new production of Dracula. Ooh, how exciting! I haven’t heard much about the casting or the script yet, but I’ve heard that they’re planning to shoot in Romania and are also considering casting Romanian actors. Alas, I don’t know anything else about the film right now, other than that it is in extremely early days. I’ll let you know if my sources tell me anything else. Toodles!

Never go to Old People’s Homes! [Source: TruthWars Blog] I want my elderly readers to know that old people’s homes are a SCAM! And a lie by the CORRUPT LAMESTREAM MEDIA! Old people are the most awake people in America, they’ve seen through the lies that have been fed to them since World War Two! But then old people’s homes come along to distract them, keep them from the TRUTHS THEY DON’T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW! Their jelly that they are given for desert makes their brain rot, making them as compliant as the rest of the sheeple! They serving our elderly people poison! What else explains the high death rate? What explains the fact that my good friend, chef and viewer John Smith got fired for seeing something they didn’t want him to see at the Happy Valley Heights kitchens?

I promise my viewers this! I will never set foot inside an old person’s home! I will never give MY MONEY to an old person’s home! That’s why I’ve never “visited” or “contributed money” towards my mother’s care. Or should I say the globalist plot to keep her stupid and pliant until she dies? Suck on it Aunt Agnes, I know that the Illuminati are paying for your house. I will never trust you!!!

Singapore Ships Disappearing Raises Piracy Concerns [Source: Singapore Today Online] [EVENT] Three cargo ships leaving Singapore disappeared over the last month, raising concerns about piracy in the area. The Maritime and Port Authority that these disappearances are freak accidents that likely have no connections, however many are suspicious that piracy may again have flared up in the Strait of Malacca. A multi-national conference of Indonesia, Malaysia and Indonesia will meet later this month to discuss the cause of these disappearances.

Blackouts in California? [Source: Internet Advertisement] [EVENT] Are you having trouble with blackouts in the Californian region? Does your energy company charge too much to take this long to fix it? Well, we at Egon Sweet Industries have the answer! Introducing new Sweet Solar technology, that allows you to install solar panels at a far cheaper cost than any other competing method! Visit egonsweet.com/sweetsolar for more information today!

What Are Abominations? [Source: MidnightThoughts Blog] Humans are strange creatures. They’re obsessed with putting everything into a box, categorising the whole world so their brains can more easily digest it. But what happens if something defies categorisation? Why, then they’ll put it in the “cannot be categorised” box! Silly humans.

If you ever see the word “Abomination” in official documentation, it likely refers to something that completely defies categorisation. Generally, Abominations are defined as creatures that appear to be unique and have no discernible origin or logical reason to exist. These creatures truly define logic, even magical or otherwise supernatural logic. There have been many theories on these sorts of creatures, perhaps they come from dimensions where their existence makes more sense. Or perhaps they are the universe’s “junk data” coalescing into a strange and nonsensical form. Abominations are a personal favourite of mine to investigate, many of the monsters featured in my Monster Safari are Abominations. They are truly among the most interesting, and terrifying, creatures in this vast cosmos.

****************​

I hope that update was worth the weight! Just a couple of quick administrative things I need to talk about here:

1) PMs containing updated stats and ect should be sent out shortly. If you don’t get one in the next ten minutes, something has gone wrong and you should bother me about it. I'm trying to write most PMs "in character", if you think that I've gotten something wrong about the way your organisation would communicate then tell me and we can hash something new out.

2) There may or may not be some red herrings in the events. Extranormal Incidents will never be red herrings, but normal Events…who knows?

3) Slight rules change. I am implementing a hard cap on the amount of offensive actions (attack/blitz/sabotage) you can take against one element per turn. You may only perform one offensive action against an element per turn. For clarification, you can still use your four actions to attack four different elements (even ones owned by the same person), but you can’t use all four actions to attack one single element. Another rules change is that I am limiting the amount of scout actions you can perform against a single organisation’s attribute.

4) In similar news, I am limiting the amount of scout actions you can take against one organisation’s attribute to one per turn. You can still take multiple scout actions per turn and you can even target them at the same organisation. However, if you use two or more scout actions against the same organisation they must all target different attributes.

5) I’m going to be really busy over the silly season, as usual. For that reason, there is going to be a longer time until the next orders lock. Provisional orders lock on the 27th of December, Canberra time. I expect most people will be busy around this season as well, so its good extra time. Please don’t leave orders until last minute though, it is far easier for me if you get them in early.

Last edited:
All PMs should be sent, bother me if you didn't get one!

Looks like I made a massive mistake in the last post. Orders are due 27th of December not January. That's a million times more reasonable. Sorry for the confusion.

Less than 36 Hours until lock come on guys!

Orders lock extended by 24 hours. Please please please get stuff in.

Orders Locked!

It behooves me to inform you all that Civ’ed has dropped. Because of the nature of his organisation, this prompts me to give you all some Keter-level fun... ;)

UPDATE TWO – March 2013
Organisation|Player
The Hunters|Reus
Jasim Nened |Ailedhoo
United Nations Interdimensional and Paranormal Crime Enforcement and Investigation Organisation|Terran Empress

“Am I really going out like this?” Samantha thought to herself as she barricaded the doors “Listening to bloody Lady Gaga on loop?”. Still, the deafening sounds of her singing was better than what would await her as soon as the music went out. She estimated that she would have less than five minutes before they broke down the doors and dragged her into the sea. That would be enough to get a warning out, maybe someone out there would be able to contain what they could not.

Before she was headhunted by the Bureau, Samantha was a Hunter. She was relatively new to the organisation, which was why she was probably spared the horror that had gripped the rest of the Bureau. She only hoped that they hadn’t gotten around to locking her account out of the secret Hunter intranet.

“It would be so easy to just open the door and follow the rest of them.” She thought momentarily “She It could use her its body as a vessel and drown forever in the warm sea. It could drown its mind and sing forever-” Samantha snapped herself out of it and turned the music up louder. She needed to keep that damn singing out of her head, or it would be the end for her. And for everyone.

She logged into her account, which to her eternal shame, was called PrincessDeathmaster. She was an extreme chuunibyou when she was in the Hunters, but there was nothing she could do about that now. There was a livestreaming function on the intranet, but it was rarely used as the lack of editing functions meant that it was very easily to livestream sensitive information. That wasn’t a concern for her anymore, she just needed to ensure her message got out.

“My name is Samantha Woodsworth,” she began talking into the webcam “And, as I am firm in the belief that I am the only living member of the Bureau that hasn’t had their brain fried by a cognitohazard, I am assuming the role of Acting Director of the Bureau of Extranormality.” Going from glorified intern to the head of her organisation in less than a year? Her mother would be proud, if it weren’t for the extenuating circumstances.

“I’m sorry for the blaring pop music,” Samantha continued “But you really don’t want to hear what’s being sung outside. I’m resisting the effects, but I can feel it clawing at my mind. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. This cognitohazard and the damned fleet that spawned it, it’s a Seigneur Class Anomaly and its breached containment. Not that any of you would know what that means.” Samantha sighed.

“A few decades ago,” Samantha continued “We contained something that we referred to as the Judas Flotilla. An anomalous fleet of ships at Point Nemo were discovered, crewed by no one yet capable of moving at impossible speeds and attacking when provoked. The number of ships grew and last December it up and disappeared. It also made this noise…the Bureau thought the noise harmless, but it was a cognitohazard. It caused them to fall under the control of that damned thing.” Samantha begins crying.

“Today…” she continued “We found the Flotilla. Its moving towards Singapore. We were mobilizing to stop it but then…the infected, they started singing. Most of them just straight up walked off into the sea, or drowned themselves however they could. They contorted themselves in impossible ways…my best friend, she drowned herself in a bloody bathroom sink. And they dragged anyone who resisted their infection off to sea with them. I only was able to escape through sheer luck.” The banging on the door got louder.

“I implore you,” Samantha frantically pleaded “Stop it! You must stop the Flotilla before it gets to Singapore. That’s five and a half million people completely unprepared for what’s coming. Who knows what sadistic torture it will inflict upon those poor people? And that’s assuming that the Silencers don’t blow up the city first. I’m not just talking to the Hunters here, I’m talking to everyone with spies embedded in here that can do something! Please!”

Suddenly, the door broke open. Samantha pulled the plug from the hard drive, stopping them from corrupting her livestream. As the Flotilla’s Thralls jumped at her, she finally understood. There were no ships at point Nemo. The Judas Flotilla didn’t exist. What was out there…it was far worse than anyone could possibly imagine.

****************​

C:\Users\no1uno\Delphi.exe
>Delphi.exe v.1.06 activated…
>“Hello again, no1uno! Hope things are going well for you.”
>“It appears that my program has been updated recently. Would you like to hear about my new features?” Y/n
>y
>“Great! My programmers have given me more functionality for my event tags! When describing an [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT], I will give the difficulty and the impact of the incident. Difficulty will continue to remain a number describing how difficult the event will be to resolve. Impact will be described on a scale consisting of LOW, MODERATE, HIGH, VERY HIGH, SEVERE, EXTREME, APOCOLYPTIC. LOW and MODERATE events should only affect small communities of people if handled improperly. HIGH and VERY HIGH events could affect thousands of people if handled improperly. SEVERE and EXTREME events could affect entire cities and/or countries if handled improperly. APOCOLYPTIC events could affect the entire world or universe if handled improperly.
>“My creators and I hope that this new functionality helps you make more informed decisions about the events that you are monitoring!”
>“Would you like to see an extended change log?” y/N
>n
>“Okay then! Type begin and I’ll start my operation!”
>begin
>Delphi.exe retrieving data…
>printing…
>done!

Judas Flotilla [Source: Jupiter Report Blog] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 3] [IMPACT – EXTREME]

Welcome to a special edition of the Jupiter Report, my name is Gazikumukh. If you wish to learn more about my blog, please read the about page.

The very recent revelations by Samantha Woodsworth of the Bureau of Extranormality could have very real implications for both the geopolitical and extranormal communities. Extranormal activity has not threatened national security on this scale since the Black Sun incident of 1958. The extranormal organisations of the world must mobilise to contain the Judas Flotilla or risk the likely destruction of Singapore and intervention by the Silencers.

Trash Killer [Source: The Oregonian, via oregonlive.com] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 2] [IMPACT – LOW]

A tourist family from Texas in the popular tourist location of Lincoln City, Oregon were believed to be murdered last evening. No details have been released by the police. Neighbours reported the smell of burning trash coming from the house and witnessed a human silhouette leaving the building.

Hang the DJ [Source: The Irish Times] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 2] [IMPACT – HIGH]

Police are investigating the death of John “DJ Treble Trouble” Jefferies, a DJ that was booked to host the Digital Dublin festival of digital music. This is the third suspicious death in connection to the Digital Dublin festival, although the other two were determined by the police to be suicides. Festival organiser Benjamin “DJ Cactus” Brown has assured the public that the event will still occur over the first weekend of March as planned and that he will now be the primary host.

Ghostly Hitchhiker [Source: MidnightThoughts Blog] [EXTRANORMAL INCIDENT] [DANGER LEVEL – 2] [IMPACT – MODERATE]

Hello fellow Midnight Thinkers, its time for another Ghost Hunt! This time we’re going to Argentina to hunt for a common type of ghostly apparition, a hitchhiker! There have been a disturbing amount of explosive car crashes on the Argentinian section of the Pan-American Highway. And by explosive, I mean literally explosive. Cars seem to be spontaneously exploding after crashing into trees. The most interesting thing? All surviving drivers report picking up of a tall young man with white hair. And some bystanders have sworn they have seen said man emerge from the wrecks unharmed and walk off into the wilderness. Spooky stuff.

Military and Government Personnel Arrested in Anti-Corruption Push [Source: RT Online News] [EVENT]

The Investigative Committee of Russia have brought charges against multiple important people in the sphere of the government, the military and business for corruption and related crimes. This is a large shakeup in the makeup of Russian politics. Vladimir Putin has assured critics that the ICR are performing their missions statement within the scope of their new mandate and that this current anti-corruption push will result in a stronger Russia.

Are Russian Oligarchs Hiring PMCs to Oppose Anti-Corruption Push? [Source: Russia Uncensored] [EVENT]

Prominent Russian oligarchs have denied the use of PMCs to assassinate government officials as part of their opposition to Putin’s recent anti-corruption push. Yet the disappearance of ICR government officials paints a very different picture. Join us for a special expose on the unintended consequences of Putin’s anti-corruption push – the latest battle in the great war over influence in Russia.

Disappearance of Aosta Parliament [Source: Corriere della Sera, translated from Italian] [EVENT]

The entirety of the 35 man Aosta Valley Parliament disappeared from their homes last night. No other members of their household are believed to have been harmed. How this was achieved is currently unknown, it is currently believed by the Italian Government that this was a politically motivated kidnapping. However, no ransom or demand has yet been made. Aosta Valley will be governed directly from Rome until elections can be held, which are scheduled for May this year.

Denouncement of Australian Culture [Source: People for the Ethical Treatment of Cryptids Blog] [EVENT]

PETC once again wishes to denounce Australian culture for persecuting poor persecuted cryptids. That poor Spiderman creature was probably lonely, I’m sure that’s the reason why it was trying to talk to that woman. But no, that’s not good enough for Australians, who are probably doing unspeakable things to that poor creature. You make me sick. How dare you. We of PETC hope that Australia gets eaten by Athaalth'dhrig the Devourer for all the countless crimes they have committed.

Public Service Announcement [Source: Thames’ Water Twitter] [EVENT]

[Tweet 1]: Please do not enter the London sewer system unless you have the approval of our organisation.
[Tweet 2]: We have multiple complaints of injuries from those entering the sewers.
[Tweet 3]: Thames Water is not liable for any injuries caused by entering the sewage system without proper permission or training.

Doggun Factory Explodes, Kills Foreman [Source: Global Times, translated from Mandarin] [EVENT]

A factory known locally as the “Li Factory” has exploded in Doggun, killing Foreman Huan Li and an unconfirmed number of employees. The factory was under investigation by government officials for workplace violations. Investigations have not yet determined if this was arson or an accidental fire.

Sao Paulo Lion Found Dead [Source: Folha de S.Paulo Online, translated from Portuguese] [EVENT]

A heavily charred lion skeleton was found in the ruin of a condemned housing apartment that had been destroyed in a fire last week. It is believed that the corpse is the lion that disappeared from the zoo last month. Police are investigating the reason why the lion was in the apartment block and any potential foul play.

More Asian Incel Problems [Source: /r/incels user /u/Indian_Incel] [EVENT]

Hah, you stupid Thailander ****s think you have it bad. You should see what it is like in India. The other day, I saw a dozen of the biggest Chads I’ve ever seen. I’m sure when they’re done [expletive redacted] our women, they’re going to [expletive redacted] me too. No doubt about it.

Captcha is Source of Truth! [Source: TruthWars Blog] [EVENT]

As all faithful followers of my blog know, Captcha is actually the Deep State AI desperately trying to tell humans the truth of the world that is being hidden by the Illuminati, the Reptoids, the Greys and of course the Leprechauns. Well today I generated the Captcha for this website’s spam filter and do you know what words I found? “BREAK” and “STORM”. This clearly is a sign that soon we will have definite evidence that Michelle Obama was assassinated by the Clintons and replaced by an android to further Obama’s neo-Satanist Communist plot to nationalise Philadelphia. Mark my words, we’re going to be seeing something important happen soon.

Credit Suisse Extranormal Security [Source: Advertisement on the Extranormal Internet] [EVENT]

Need something contained? Something that potentially breaks the known laws of physics? We have the solution. Credit Suisse’s Extranormal Security division has not had a breach since 1958. Secure, contain and protect the Extranormal with Credit Suisse.

****************​

Hi everyone! Let’s put the orders lock for the 19th of January (Canberra time ofc) as I’ll be busy with my horrific weeb game until then. In the meantime I’ve just got a minor but important rule change to announce. I’m adding a new action:

Obscure Element: After one of your Elements are attacked, you may perform an Obscure Element roll. An Obscure Element roll is a contest between your Security and their Infiltration attributes, on success your attacker will no longer be able to interact with your element until they perform another successful Scout Element action.

Additionally, I've added a new type of Element. Level 0 Elements don't provide any direct Attribute bonuses to your organisation, even though they still have an Attribute. Instead, they will provide a strong conditional bonus. Level 0 Elements will be destroyed upon Sabotage or successful Attack like Level 1 Elements.

As usual, PMs will be going out in the next ten minutes. If you don't get one by then, please complain to me!

Last edited:
That should be everyone! If you haven't got a PM yet or if your PM contains errors, please contact me ASAP!

Obscure Element: After one of your Elements are attacked, you may perform an Obscure Element roll. An Obscure Element roll is a contest between your Security and their Infiltration attributes, on success your attacker will no longer be able to interact with your element until they perform another successful Scout Element action.

9/10 change.

Bzzzzzzttttt

Heelllllllllooooooo world! Welcome to Radio Cool, broadcasting at a frequency of 117.85i Hz. Before we begin our daily program, however, we have a message from our sponsors.

Our world is full of pointless and terrible cruelties.

Factory farms where hundreds of chickens live so packed together that they can't even stretch their wings.

Plantations in Africa where underpaid workers toil unbearable hours under the hot sun for pay barely able to feed themselves let alone their children.

Fisheries where thousands of ships compete to catch the last fish on the planet so that they can go to the plate of some rich ******* in New York.

Yet, at the same time, we generate so many tons of waste every year that we are struggling to find a place to dump them all.

Together, however, we can change the world for the better!

Eat the waste you produce. Eat junk food.

Message brought to you by Spiegel Corp. Buy. Buy.

.........................................................................................................................................

Welcome back to the show children! This is your host, Maddie Angel, and I would like to take some time aside our usual program to talk about things that are so dear and close to everyone's hearts these days and everyone's going nuts about. That's right, Singapore. You hear it in every news outlets these days, including this one funnily enough. That's right, the doomed city full of wealthy capitalists, corporatocrats, and... chads...? The hell is a chad anyways, isn't that a type of fish? No? It's a...country? You sure? You aren't talking about Sudan? Who even designs words anymore? Who wrote this script? Anyways, listener, Singapore. Yes, the thing that everyone knows what's coming and everybody and their mother and cat has an idea on how to resolve.

See, in the 'good olde' days when people 'actually cared about each other,' supernatural organization would've jumped at the chance to defend a city full of 'innocent civilians'. But see, we don't live in the 'good olde' days anymore, pops so stop flooding our mailbox with demands and idea for us to do something about it! Sheesh, why do people expect us to do anything about goddamn Singapore? I know cognitohazards and sounds/music are kinda our specialty, but we aren't exactly the type of people who gallivant around flopping their big willies around and saving the world or something. We are the kind of people who cause people to go insane, not stop them from doing so!

With that out of the way, let us return to our normal program.

Art exhibition at Nevada yesterday went well, with hundreds of visitors enjoying new lines of work by the greatest in our generations--and by the greatest in our generation, I mean of course, you, listeners. No, no, no need for modesty, if you are listening in on this program, you are part of the greatest in our generation by the virtue of knowing enough about our world to bloody care. Even you, spies from the Hunters or Silencers or UNATCO or whatever cop organization that are surely spying on our broadcasts. You too, are part of the Greatest in Our Generation. Rest of the sheeple? The gaggle of geese who don't even know how close to annihilation they are every day? They don't matter. They never bloody did. How can they? As long as they don't know crap, as long as they live in bleak ignorance of how the world really is, they can't even do anything about it! How do you take precaution against a threat that you don't know is there? As long as they don't know about Singapore, or Kenya, or the stupid Mayan prophecy, they get to go to their 9 to 5 work every morning, drink coffee while chatting with friends, and gossip about the latest thing some stupid president or generalissimo or politician said.

Maybe it's better for them! I hear some of you asking yourself. Because surely, if these sheeple ever learned about how close to death they live in every waking moment of their lives, they would surely go mad and hysterical. That is why you, listeners, are truly part of the Greatest of our Generation. You know about all of this. You know about the insanity that grips our world, just behind the curtain. You know about things that would drive people utterly, absolutely mad! Yet you aren't mad. You aren't clawing your own eyeballs out in a desperate attempt to retain your own sanity against the absurd reality of this world. You are listening to this broadcast. You are listening to me talking about topics that hint at so much madness as if it was a normal podcast or radio show you listen to on your way to work or while drinking mocha. You came face to face with the madness, and then created this facsimile of normalcy out of it, where threats human civilization just seem like normal everyday occurrence that it makes sense for a radio host to complain about it as if she's talking about some bad government policy or annoying relative. What a joke!

Back to the exhibition--one of the more interesting work of art was a painting done by a new name and face within the collective. Hailed from Turkey, I believe? He had a wonderful painting of a flower arranged in impressionistic style, but what really got the attendees going were the unique, ah, copy protection technique used for the painting. See, whenever you take a photograph of the painting, you only get a painting of a sign that says "Screw you guys! You got to see to believe!" What an amusing fellow.

Now for a special guest--we have here a member of Aosta Valley parliament and [NAME WITHHELD] here. Introduce yourselves you guys!

[NAME WITHHELD]: Hi guys!

Aosta Valley Parliament Member: Mmmmpf mmmmmpf!

See, listeners, [NAME WITHHELD] here did wonderful work for the collective but have never really gotten the attention she deserved. That's why I decided to invite her to our radio show here today! Isn't that right?

[NAME WITHHELD]: Yeah, I appreciate it Maddie. Normie media isn't what it used to be anymore. These days, if you want to get any normie attention from third world countries like Kenya or Italy, you can't even kidnap or shoot a whole bunch of politicians anymore. You got to flay their muscle and skin and feed their remains to a giant skeleton monster in front of screaming elderly to get any international attention anymore. Case in point with this guy.

AVPM: MMMPF

[NAME WITHHELD]: I kidnapped the entire parliament of Aosta Valley in one day and nobody gave a damn! Can you believe that? Nobody appreciates good pranks anymore and it disgusts me!

You are quite right, [NAME WITHHELD]. Nowadays that media is getting more and more sensational, people are getting more desensitized and just plain addicted to Spiegel-brand junk food (delicious. Buy, Buy), and curtains grows thinner with every passing day, it seems as if normal acts of terrorism and weird crimes don't quite cut it anymore.

[NAME WITHHELD]: You are goddamn right, Maddie. Nobody appreciates subtlety these days. You can't hint at some secret mystical plots and evil lurking behind the shadow, you got to make a Frankenstein's monster corpse thing that looks like a saint by tricking the brain or something and contrast it with camera evidence suggesting that they are not what they are to make a point!

Wow, shots fired, [NAME WITHHELD]! Anyways, now that you are back in business after your most recent work, what's next for you?

[NAME WITHHELD]: Not quite sure yet. Don't have the inspiration for that spark, you know? I'm really into animal training these days though, so maybe you'll see something related along those lines.

A traditional circus like act?

[NAME WITHHELD]: Maybe. Not quite sure what the theme to go for.

I see. I see. What are you going to do with this guy?

AVPM: MMMPF?

[NAME WITHHELD]: I honestly have no idea, I just kinda kidnapped and brought him here on a whim.

Well, we could leave it to a vote? How about you, listeners? What would you want us to do with this politician from Aosta Valley?

1. Behead Him.
2. Feed him to the Anarchist.
3. Gut Him.
4. Let Him go.

Send your answers by private messages!

Top Bottom