• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Worst and the best events

In my current game, I got a quest called "Greed" for the first time.

I remember getting the Greed quest one time. My Generals wanted me to get a source of Iron that was deep in India's territory. Um, 2 problems, guys. 1) Gandhi was my bestest friend (he was like +12), and 2) I had an Iron tile in a city's BFC whose borders were going to pop on the next turn. Maybe a little too Greedy, huh?

I was just playing a OCC when I got an event saying a plague or something came through Beijing. I hadn't discovered medicine yet, so I didn't have any good options. My city went from a size 17 to a 14. I was not happy about that.

I was just playing a OCC

oh yeah. you can get quests to build such-and-such building in X number of cities even in OCC. and events that give more commerce and such on cities outside your one-and-only-forever fat cross. those would be on the worst list i imagine.

oh yeah. you can get quests to build such-and-such building in X number of cities even in OCC. and events that give more commerce and such on cities outside your one-and-only-forever fat cross. those would be on the worst list i imagine.

Yea, and if you turned on Tsunami and placed yourself on the coast...

There was another thread like this one where someone said they got the +1 commerce event on a desert tile. Yippie! :rolleyes:

I hate events that destroy buildings. Twice in a game events destroyed buildings that were a prerequisite for the wonder I was currently building. Thats not a coincidence to me.

Very good event was when I just got free cover (+25% vs archery units) for every melee unit. It was really early in the game, so it would be great benefit. Since archers are main city defenders, it is like City Raider promotion.
But, I just wasn't so lucky- I have neither iron or copper :)

Worst: hurricane or any other event that destroys multiple building
Best: although i have never had it, superhighways +1 movement on all roads

Games worst: Hurricane destroying 2 obsolete buildings in capital; my walls (and thereby my castle) and my monestary - and I was trying for a cultural victory.
My worst: Having a spy in Tokugawas capital for days, trying to obtain cheaper spy mission (he was annoyed with me, leaning towards furious); I accidently hit the wrong button. Instead of "return next turn" I hit "gift this spy to Tokugawa".
Games best: The one where you can choose between receiving a general, a merchant or an artist.
The event with the guardian angel is also good, I normally choose more health from the hospital.
My best: Has yet to be seen

Best event I have gotten is when I got -25% inflation. Wow I was set for the rest of the game with money.

Strangest: My scout got a leadership promotion. He fell a few turns later to barbarian axeman

Good: horsewispher: stables +1 food
Inflation reducing event is nice.

There was another thread like this one where someone said they got the +1 commerce event on a desert tile. Yippie! :rolleyes:

I got that as well...fantastic!

Most annoying for me and quite common is "buildings have been destroyed"

Most fun, barbarian hordes of swordsmen at my borders....who went for the AI cities instead of mine...LOL

Best so far: quest which got all my swordsmen a free drill 1 promotion, in the early stages of a war against the Greeks with their bloody phalanxes.

Worst: eruption of 6 barbarian archers just outside my borders, before I had discovered archery or built a second city! Basically, it was the end of the game! :(

Strangest: My scout got a leadership promotion. He fell a few turns later to barbarian axeman

Good: horsewispher: stables +1 food
Inflation reducing event is nice.

I hate the horse whisperer quest. The benefits are nice, but building seven stables is such a waste of hammers. I usually can get by with one or two stables. And I can't count how many times I get the quest right before I intend to lightbulb Education and thereby fail the quest by reaching the renaissance era. :rolleyes:

And I can't count how many times I get the quest right before I intend to lightbulb Education and thereby fail the quest by reaching the renaissance era. :rolleyes:

arrrrgh there are too many that obsolete at education! that one, libraries, and forges; also one for triremes that i've never gotten. i got harbormaster this week and delayed education to finish it out of habit like the others, then realized it doesn't obsolete then :crazyeye:.

i get sports league a lot, which is hysterical since i could not care less about sports IRL :rolleyes:, but i like to give my people what they want unless i'm whipping 'em away. it's spiffy since i've gotten it quite early, but doesn't obsolete til radio/refrig/etc, and i'll want them soooooomeday before then but absolutely no pressure to rush. latest case i was already building them in preparation for a war, and as a creative leader so they were cheap ... i wouldn't call it the best quest, but it was probably the easiest i've ever had *giggle*.

Very good event was when I just got free cover (+25% vs archery units) for every melee unit. It was really early in the game, so it would be great benefit. Since archers are main city defenders, it is like City Raider promotion.
But, I just wasn't so lucky- I have neither iron or copper :)

I got this one as the Dutch sharing a small continent with our good friend Isabella. I pumped out Swordsmen later upgraded to Macemen. After winning innumerable battles and creating many Military Instructors, many had CR3 as well as Cover. Just awesome!

The best quest is the one asking for colosseums and statue of Zeus to be built. You get a golden age.

This was great in my last game because I got this just after entering a golden age with Taj Mahal so it became a double golden age. Later I captured the Mausoleum and burned a Great Prophet for another golden age so I got like 30 turns of golden age! :eek:

How did you military translate later that good sequence of good events ?

I think nearly everyone knows the new throne event only for Hereditary Rule (free Great Prophet, Great Merchant or Great Military Instructor in your capital). So the question is, are there events for Representation and Universal Suffrage too? Btw, where do you know it's only for civs under Police State?

There is a special event for every government civic. A senator causes a scandal in Representation, and the Universal Suffrage one involves an unclear election. I haven't gotten either of those yet, but I'll post here if I do. I think they are all good, though. Also, I love the new throne one...I took a Great Military Instructor.

It's odd...since BtS, I haven't been using Representation as much. Instead, I've been sticking with Hereditary Rule for much longer periods.

As for the worst, I'd be hard-pressed to pick. I was quite flustered when two volcanoes managed to completely obliterate 5 towns within one city's radius, killing one of my top commerce cities for several turns. None of them are particularly game-breaking, though.

It's odd...since BtS, I haven't been using Representation as much. Instead, I've been sticking with Hereditary Rule for much longer periods..

Me too. With the way civics have been tweaked, the combination of Representation and Mercantilism seems more expensive and less beneficial than it used to be. Or is that just my bad luck?

I got once the Universal Sufrage event, which is about an unclear election result.

It has the longest text i have ever seen on a game, also the text that describes the two options is very long. But it only gives you the option to choose between +1 gpt or +4 culture pt in one courthouse, not very usefull by 2030 when my spaceship was about to take off.

Top Bottom