thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus

thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus 1.2.3

I noticed that it's virtually impossible, with the overhauled tech tree, to get the eureka for Celestial Navigation ("kill a quadrireme unit"), as quadriremes are unlocked at Shipbuilding, which is two techs further, with Map Making in between. Maybe give Celestial Navigation a different eureka?

Barbarians use quadriremes don't they? Even before the tech is researched I believed. I imagine you'd have to kill one of those.

Barbarians use quadriremes don't they? Even before the tech is researched I believed. I imagine you'd have to kill one of those.

I'm not sure, I believe it's part galleys and part quadriremes. That said, I barely ever see barbarian ships at all. I mean, in the game right now (where I'm playing on Island Plates and am myself on a relatively small island), I've played over 100 turns on epic game time, which means I'm now at the celestial navigation research, and even though the (one) barbarian camp I saw was coastal, I didn't see them make boats, even though it created a warrior because the scout had spotted my city before I got the camp.

There's a bug with the mod which prevents me from being able to buy missionaries

Played with recommended mods + Moar Units

Played only with Omnibus

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, they use quadriremes fairly early. That aside, it's a little weird to have this before the boost requiring building two galleys. I'd say swap those, as killing the quadrireme resulting in a boost for the tech where you learn how to build them also makes a little more sense. Kind of a "Oh man, our galleys were awesome before we found THAT! Let's apply this to building them for our navy."

there's a bug with this is your using the production queue you can't build shrines. they just won't go into the queue.

well i captured a few cities and they had shrines that were damaged. it would not let me add the repair shrine to the queue. using complete rules.

So I just played up to turn 122 on complete ruleset but I think Im done.

The redesign of tech and civics means that there is literally no choice other than order.
I now have to research every single item on both trees.

If im landlocked i must still research all the sailing techs, If i dont want religion I still have to unlock all the religious trees.
I also have to research all forms of government now.

I dont understand why this is a good change, perhaps Im missing something someone can point out to me.

The other changes seem really good, the new buildings and the civics are cool.

I've been playing on the complete ruleset with reccomended mods (currently somewhere between turn 350-400) and I've been having much more fun than the rounds I've had before. Everything added works for favor of strategy, and that makes things all the more interesting. With just a few new additions and good balancing, there's more options than any other mod or modpack for this game.

There's still some work to be done in balancing though. Amenities are perhaps a little too exagerated (Revolts majorly harmed the armies of some AIs), and I'm in a tight race against the clock to reach a science victory, even with a civilization the size of two empires. A slight decrease in the number of amenities needed per city may make a large difference, and I'd also reccomend adding something to speed the game pace up (Wondorus Wonders?)

That's most of what I have to say so far, since I haven't had time to nitpick. Of course, revamp parts that haven't be revamped (8 ages of war would help fix promotion trees; Revamp to espionage to eliminate non-AI RNG?), and if you could do it, a revamped AI designed with this pack and it's quirks in mind would move this pack from great to near perfect.

I'm back and will start working on the next update! I will probably plan on releasing the next update after the Aztecs are released to everyone, just in case there's another patch along with that.
-------------------------------------
what the hell is this??
:eek: I've never seen that before! Woah...
Is this mod combined with Strategic Industry?
It is not.
I noticed that it's virtually impossible, with the overhauled tech tree, to get the eureka for Celestial Navigation ("kill a quadrireme unit"), as quadriremes are unlocked at Shipbuilding, which is two techs further, with Map Making in between. Maybe give Celestial Navigation a different eureka?
I made this particular change because Barbarians use Quadriremes. In my experience I've found those to pop up earlier and more often than enemy galleys. Is that not others' experience? I'm certainly open to changing it, but I made the change with the intent of making the Eureka bonus easier to get.
well i captured a few cities and they had shrines that were damaged. it would not let me add the repair shrine to the queue. using complete rules.
Hmm...I've never run across that issue before while using the Production Queue. As it's a vanilla building, have you tried reporting it in that thread?
So I just played up to turn 122 on complete ruleset but I think Im done.

The redesign of tech and civics means that there is literally no choice other than order.
I now have to research every single item on both trees.

If im landlocked i must still research all the sailing techs, If i dont want religion I still have to unlock all the religious trees.
I also have to research all forms of government now.

I dont understand why this is a good change, perhaps Im missing something someone can point out to me.

The other changes seem really good, the new buildings and the civics are cool.
I appreciate you trying the mod out! The tech tree design is based on my own particular vision of how it should be...I understand not everyone may agree with that. I hope you're able to enjoy one of the other rulesets, though!

Can someone please help me, I've been through every file but can't find the "More Barbarian XP" options, I know I changed it in previous versions of the mad. Where is it please??
It should be located in this file: Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\TCS Omnibus Mod\Data\Enhanced\Misc_Enhanced.sql
I've been playing on the complete ruleset with reccomended mods (currently somewhere between turn 350-400) and I've been having much more fun than the rounds I've had before. Everything added works for favor of strategy, and that makes things all the more interesting. With just a few new additions and good balancing, there's more options than any other mod or modpack for this game.

There's still some work to be done in balancing though. Amenities are perhaps a little too exagerated (Revolts majorly harmed the armies of some AIs), and I'm in a tight race against the clock to reach a science victory, even with a civilization the size of two empires. A slight decrease in the number of amenities needed per city may make a large difference, and I'd also reccomend adding something to speed the game pace up (Wondorus Wonders?)

That's most of what I have to say so far, since I haven't had time to nitpick. Of course, revamp parts that haven't be revamped (8 ages of war would help fix promotion trees; Revamp to espionage to eliminate non-AI RNG?), and if you could do it, a revamped AI designed with this pack and it's quirks in mind would move this pack from great to near perfect.
Thanks for the feedback! I plan on continuing to tweak and balance this mod, so continued playtesting and feedback from you all is absolutely crucial to that :)

I made this particular change because Barbarians use Quadriremes. In my experience I've found those to pop up earlier and more often than enemy galleys. Is that not others' experience? I'm certainly open to changing it, but I made the change with the intent of making the Eureka bonus easier to get.

To be fair I don't really see any naval barbarians in general for most of the game (playing on king, only this mod and AI+ (which afaik doesn't mess with barbs at all) as game-enhancing mods).

Also, I won't ask the question here, by the way, because it would derail this thread, but is there any chance you can help me out with this question?

I'm confused about something. When I play a game with the Complete Ruleset, the Tech Tree and the Civics Tree that I see are not the same as the ones posted in the mod description.

For example, "Code of Laws" should have an inspiration moment shown...

But in my game, there's nothing there...

It's the same thing with the Tech Tree, there are numerous differences from the mod's screenshot. I'm using the latest version (1.2.3), and I have the Winter Patch installed. So, am I doing something wrong?

I don't know about the tech tree, but TCS mentioned that he couldn't get new boots going for the civic tree, so he decided to take the boosts out (because they didn't do anything) and instead reduce the cost until the problem got fixed.

I don't know about the tech tree, but TCS mentioned that he couldn't get new boots going for the civic tree, so he decided to take the boosts out (because they didn't do anything) and instead reduce the cost until the problem got fixed.
Ah, okay, so that means the screenshots shown on the opening page are not what's currently in the build? It's fine, I don't mind, just making sure.

Playing as Kongo with complete ruleset and chichen itza is not showing as an option to build. It has happened twice and nearly certain noone elsr has built it. have a few ui mods and AI+ enabled

Playing as Kongo with complete ruleset and chichen itza is not showing as an option to build. It has happened twice and nearly certain noone elsr has built it. have a few ui mods and AI+ enabled

I believe wonders don't show up if there is no valid tile within 3 tiles of your city. Any chance that is the case?

Top Bottom