thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus

thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus 1.2.3

To be fair, I am not sure if it was just the attempt at using your files. As of yesterday afternoon, every new game I attempt to create ends in Start Game death. I have changed NO mods what-so-ever. Any advice? I did get a Steam pop up with the updating game window, but that this morning; the problem existed beforehand.

TCS,

No, I made no changes to any of my mods. I do not draw from Steam, I download most of them from here or Nexus. I know this is not your area, but figured you might give me a good idea since you are an expert modder.

Thanks,
W

Are you a Mac/Linux User? Maybe you were using a mod for Spring patch that wasn't updated for Summer, which just landed on Mac/Linux.

Just a reminder for folk wanting to test their mods one by one, that de-activating/unselecting the mods in the game's Additional Content screen isn't enough to make some/most mods stop influencing the game.

You need to get rid of the mods in the "Documents/Civ6/Mods" folder (copy the folder to somewhere safe to not forget what mods you had installed) and simply add them again one by one in alpha-numerical order...

I've created a component which grants cities +0.5 production per population. Because it has to be added via lua, the production bonus cannot be reflected in the CityPanel or ProductionPanel without UI modifications, which would render it incompatible with the UI mods. So, as a workaround, a little popup appears over your cities at the start of each turn (like when you clear a Barb camp or Goody Hut). I may integrate this into Better City and Resource Specialization.

20170918154942_1.jpg

Attachments

• TCS Production Per Population v1.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 169
Interesting idea...
What was the reasoning behind it? I feel like I need to do some carefully thinking to see what the consequences of it might be.

I'm primarily still unhappy with production times in the game, and I felt that this was a rather balanced way to increase production as it scales with city size, which in turn requires investment in Housing and planning in order to grow very large. Smaller cities will receive a relatively minor production boost, while larger cities can receive an additional 10+ production, which will also help high-growth/low-production cities be more useful. Finally it should help counteract some of the changes I've made to internal trade routes to reduce their absolute importance. To be fair I haven't yet played a full game with it, so some balancing may be necessary.

Do you also get to see this notification if you have a big empire and switch to a city not in your current world view?

I'm primarily still unhappy with production times in the game, and I felt that this was a rather balanced way to increase production as it scales with city size, which in turn requires investment in Housing and planning in order to grow very large. Smaller cities will receive a relatively minor production boost, while larger cities can receive an additional 10+ production, which will also help high-growth/low-production cities be more useful. Finally it should help counteract some of the changes I've made to internal trade routes to reduce their absolute importance. To be fair I haven't yet played a full game with it, so some balancing may be necessary.

I get that, it makes sense. But I think it might have the unintended consequence of doing the opposite. This is, of course, purely theorising.

By giving another (on top of culture and science) benefit to raw population, you are making population more important relative to infrastructure. Furthermore a new pop costs less, in terms of raw food and in the difficulty in getting housing and amenities for that extra pop, in a small city than in a big city. So this change might actually make lots of small cities more attractive than fewer bigger cities, as the former will always have more total pop.

As I said, just theorising.

Do you also get to see this notification if you have a big empire and switch to a city not in your current world view?
It pops up briefly over every city in your empire when the turn begins, so I believe so.

I get that, it makes sense. But I think it might have the unintended consequence of doing the opposite. This is, of course, purely theorising.

By giving another (on top of culture and science) benefit to raw population, you are making population more important relative to infrastructure. Furthermore a new pop costs less, in terms of raw food and in the difficulty in getting housing and amenities for that extra pop, in a small city than in a big city. So this change might actually make lots of small cities more attractive than fewer bigger cities, as the former will always have more total pop.

As I said, just theorising.
There certainly could be a danger of that, I think it could be mitigated with some careful balancing. For instance, instead of a straight 0.5 production per citizen it could start with smaller cities, say under size 4 not receiving any bonus. Then after that it ramps up slowly, until after say size 12 it's the full 0.5 production per citizen.

What is the planning for getting the Omnibus mod up to date again? Days, weeks, months?

Is crazy scot still around? It would be a shame to let this mod die out, so many good ideas!

Still up this, i see tcs profile active sometimes... maybe he will type something here

Congrats on the miniscot! Take your time, and thanks for all you've done to increase my enjoyment of Civ6.

Top Bottom