1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus 1.2.3

This Omnibus provides three different options for a variety of gameplay overhauls and enhancements.

1. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

The Omnibus is out of date...I'm currently working on updating individual components of it, which Better Resource and City Specialization is one of.

2. Wylding

Wylding Chieftain

To be fair, I am not sure if it was just the attempt at using your files. As of yesterday afternoon, every new game I attempt to create ends in Start Game death. I have changed NO mods what-so-ever. Any advice? I did get a Steam pop up with the updating game window, but that this morning; the problem existed beforehand.

3. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Hmm...did any of your mods update recently?

4. Wylding

Wylding Chieftain

TCS,

No, I made no changes to any of my mods. I do not draw from Steam, I download most of them from here or Nexus. I know this is not your area, but figured you might give me a good idea since you are an expert modder.

Thanks,
    W

5. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Unfortunately really the best thing to do in this type of situation is to test each mod individually. You should take a look at your database logs as well, see what errors are showing up...tho they may not illuminate exactly which mod is causing the issue.

6. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Are you a Mac/Linux User? Maybe you were using a mod for Spring patch that wasn't updated for Summer, which just landed on Mac/Linux.

Olleus likes this.
  7. JimmyJump

JimmyJump Chieftain

Just a reminder for folk wanting to test their mods one by one, that de-activating/unselecting the mods in the game's Additional Content screen isn't enough to make some/most mods stop influencing the game.

You need to get rid of the mods in the "Documents/Civ6/Mods" folder (copy the folder to somewhere safe to not forget what mods you had installed) and simply add them again one by one in alpha-numerical order...

8. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I've created a component which grants cities +0.5 production per population. Because it has to be added via lua, the production bonus cannot be reflected in the CityPanel or ProductionPanel without UI modifications, which would render it incompatible with the UI mods. So, as a workaround, a little popup appears over your cities at the start of each turn (like when you clear a Barb camp or Goody Hut). I may integrate this into Better City and Resource Specialization.

20170918154942_1.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Interesting idea...
    What was the reasoning behind it? I feel like I need to do some carefully thinking to see what the consequences of it might be.

10. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I'm primarily still unhappy with production times in the game, and I felt that this was a rather balanced way to increase production as it scales with city size, which in turn requires investment in Housing and planning in order to grow very large. Smaller cities will receive a relatively minor production boost, while larger cities can receive an additional 10+ production, which will also help high-growth/low-production cities be more useful. Finally it should help counteract some of the changes I've made to internal trade routes to reduce their absolute importance. To be fair I haven't yet played a full game with it, so some balancing may be necessary.

11. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Chieftain

Do you also get to see this notification if you have a big empire and switch to a city not in your current world view?

12. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

I get that, it makes sense. But I think it might have the unintended consequence of doing the opposite. This is, of course, purely theorising.

By giving another (on top of culture and science) benefit to raw population, you are making population more important relative to infrastructure. Furthermore a new pop costs less, in terms of raw food and in the difficulty in getting housing and amenities for that extra pop, in a small city than in a big city. So this change might actually make lots of small cities more attractive than fewer bigger cities, as the former will always have more total pop.

As I said, just theorising.

13. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

It pops up briefly over every city in your empire when the turn begins, so I believe so.

There certainly could be a danger of that, I think it could be mitigated with some careful balancing. For instance, instead of a straight 0.5 production per citizen it could start with smaller cities, say under size 4 not receiving any bonus. Then after that it ramps up slowly, until after say size 12 it's the full 0.5 production per citizen.

Olleus likes this.
  14. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

What is the planning for getting the Omnibus mod up to date again? Days, weeks, months?

15. asdazza

asdazza Chieftain

I miss this mod... any chance to get it updated or it's gone forever?

16. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Is crazy scot still around? It would be a shame to let this mod die out, so many good ideas!

Leyrann likes this.
  17. asdazza

asdazza Chieftain

Still up this, i see tcs profile active sometimes... maybe he will type something here

18. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Sorry guys, I've been absent due to the birth of my child!

Regarding the status of the Omnibus, I think I'm going to put it on hold in light of the expansion pack announcement. After the xpac drops we'll see.

Leyrann, [to_xp]Gekko and Olleus like this.
  19. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

Congrats on the miniscot! Take your time, and thanks for all you've done to increase my enjoyment of Civ6.

20. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko WM junkie

congratulations :goodjob: