thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus

thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus 1.2.3

Here's the logs, also I was able to make a submarine on turn 1 for some reason... I was Scythia and have MOAR_Units if that helps.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 57
  • GameEffects.txt
    202.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Modding.txt
    27.3 KB · Views: 117
Thanks for the error reports all...it looks like this may be affecting everyone with the Complete Ruleset. I'm going to go through the logs carefully.

I loaded up the game again to see what happened on my end and....crash. My personal logs don't show any errors whatsoever. Some weird bug must have been introduced at the very end, and at first glance there's no reason for it. I've tried loading the game with some of the recent additons disabled but that hasn't shed any light.

If anyone else is willing to do some debugging I would greatly appreciate it although I certainly wouldn't expect any of you to spend a lot of time troubleshooting my mod :)

I'm going to keep working on this as much as I can over the weekend. I could push out a quick update moving the previously working Complete elements (specifically the strategic resource unit changes) to the Enhanced ruleset. At the moment I would avoid playing with the Complete Ruleset as it just doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Sorry about that you all. I appreciate your support for this mod. It's quite disappointing that you guys won't get to test all my changes...I was pretty excited to get it pushed out to you.

Looking forward to trying out the new buildings and policies, Scot! At a glance at the tech & civic trees, a few minor issues:

1. Ideology does not have a eureka condition listed
2. Foreign Trade (in the civic tree) and Sailing (in the tech tree) both have the same eureka condition listed (discover a second continent)

I suppose perhaps a replacement for Sailing could be "improve one water resource", or alternatively, Foreign Trade could be "meet two other major civilizations" or some such.

Last edited:
Thanks for the error reports all...it looks like this may be affecting everyone with the Complete Ruleset. I'm going to go through the logs carefully.

I loaded up the game again to see what happened on my end and....crash. My personal logs don't show any errors whatsoever. Some weird bug must have been introduced at the very end, and at first glance there's no reason for it. I've tried loading the game with some of the recent additons disabled but that hasn't shed any light.

If anyone else is willing to do some debugging I would greatly appreciate it although I certainly wouldn't expect any of you to spend a lot of time troubleshooting my mod :)

I'm going to keep working on this as much as I can over the weekend. I could push out a quick update moving the previously working Complete elements (specifically the strategic resource unit changes) to the Enhanced ruleset. At the moment I would avoid playing with the Complete Ruleset as it just doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Sorry about that you all. I appreciate your support for this mod. It's quite disappointing that you guys won't get to test all my changes...I was pretty excited to get it pushed out to you.

Hi Crazy Scot!

First of all: Thank you very much for all the effort you have put into your Mod - we played it on 1.1.1 and liked it a lot! It is unfortunate that 1.2 isn't working properly - what can we do to help you find the problem?

Cheers

Hi Crazy Scot!

First of all: Thank you very much for all the effort you have put into your Mod - we played it on 1.1.1 and liked it a lot! It is unfortunate that 1.2 isn't working properly - what can we do to help you find the problem?

Cheers
BTW: For me, 1.2 complete already crashes on the loading screen!

I've run many, many tests and these are the results:
  • Civics, techs, buildings, policies, modifiers, no new boosts: t61 no crashes
  • With new boosts: sub t20 crash every time
So it looks like it's tied to the new boosts? Still nothing shows up in the logs, so whatever issue it is must be hidden or undocumented in any of the logs we have access to. I've released a hotfix which disables all the new boosts as I haven't had time to test them one by one yet. I played with only the Omnibus active and never had a crash with the boosts deactivated.

Let me know if this fixes the crashing issue for you all.

(I also fixed the Submarine issue...it is now unlocked at Physics for the time being).

what were the boosts again sorry?

Im not sure what you had to disable.

Boosts is the the slang term for both Eureka and Inspiration moments - v1.2 added 16 new Technologies and 19 new Civics to the Complete Ruleset, it looks like the boosts for those are responsible for the crashes.

Sorry for double post, but as I'm adressing a new topic I think it's better that way:

@CrazyScot /Feedback:
- I like that unique districts now use population like their standard counterparts - not sure how this will affect balance, it hurts those civs abit (no more theater d. spamming for greece, e.g, which is a good thing), are there any plans to re-buffs those districts in general or do you like it that way ?

- The economic civic Resource management still reduces the strategic resource needed to build units by 1, but with the Strategic Resource and Tech Tree Rebalance Mod (by Biao) included, it does nothing anymore when using the Full ruleset. Intended to be a "light-ruleset-only"-civic ?

- You reduced the possibility to earn culture abit by having less districts (thus less theater districts) and district placement having to be more meaningful (thus less spamming), AND by reducing the flat bonus city statest give to your districts (just +1/+2 for 3/6 envoys)..... but then again, some city state bonuses like the one from Nan Madol are still at vanilla values, resulting in a trade route granting +8 or 10 culture, which is more than most midgame specialized districts can achieve.
Any plans of rebalancing those ?

So, just a few minor nags, everything else plays great and is fun to use/test so far !

Quick update for you all - I've got a big project due tomorrow, so I won't be able to work further on this until later this week. I'm aiming to have the next update by the end of this week with the goal of reimplementing Eurekas for the new techs and civics, as well as a few other minor fixes and changes.
------------------------------
German U-Boat still needs fixed btw. Thanks for the mod! Great work!
Whoops, I'll fix that in the next update!

- I like that unique districts now use population like their standard counterparts - not sure how this will affect balance, it hurts those civs abit (no more theater d. spamming for greece, e.g, which is a good thing), are there any plans to re-buffs those districts in general or do you like it that way ?
I'm certainly open to adding some new buffs to unique districts, but my initial thought was that the reduced cost was a pretty big buff already. If you all find that not to be the case any more as you play I'll certainly buff them in other ways.
- The economic civic Resource management still reduces the strategic resource needed to build units by 1, but with the Strategic Resource and Tech Tree Rebalance Mod (by Biao) included, it does nothing anymore when using the Full ruleset. Intended to be a "light-ruleset-only"-civic ?
This was an oversight! I'll redo that card in the next patch.
- You reduced the possibility to earn culture abit by having less districts (thus less theater districts) and district placement having to be more meaningful (thus less spamming), AND by reducing the flat bonus city statest give to your districts (just +1/+2 for 3/6 envoys)..... but then again, some city state bonuses like the one from Nan Madol are still at vanilla values, resulting in a trade route granting +8 or 10 culture, which is more than most midgame specialized districts can achieve.
Any plans of rebalancing those ?!
Remember that I do add in new ways to earn culture (a few of the new buildings and the resource buffs given by the Theater and Entertainment districts) ;)

Some of the CS bonuses definitely need some rebalancing - I just didn't have time for that with the last patch but I do have that planned for either the next patch or the one after that.

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

I play 1.2.1 Enhanced - I have 4/4 (all) civ brought to my religion, yet, no religious victory came... (it is ON, as all VCs...)

Perhaps it is bugged in 1.2.1...?

I absolutely love this mod. It makes gameplay so much more interesting. Thanks for all your hard work!!

There's only one bug I noticed that I don't think anyone else has mentioned: The Political Science policy doesn’t appear to have any effect — no extra influence points from Campus and Theater districts, or at least they're not showing up in the UI bar at the top of the screen.

Hi, just got told about this mod on reddit - looked through this thread, and cannot wait to try it out (technically at work now). Looks like a really nice attempt to fix some of the more horrific mechanics in civ6. Thanks!

A thought I had very early on with this game (I think during my first playthrough of civ6 - was pretty disappointed by the mechanics...) - Culture progression costs should go up per city, but science should not. (So big empires are valid, but gives a bigger impetus to tall empires).

Leading on from that thought (though probably not of interest for this mod), I thought that perhaps the Enlightenment cultural stage (thingy? tech? virtue?) could provide a big boost to renaissance-and-later era technologies (50%?) (the costs of which would in turn be increased, though perhaps 8 Ages of Peace covers this). This would lead to a strong incentive to stay small and tall - to reach the Enlightenment quicker - and then I guess expand after that (colonialism!).

Hopefully this would allow for more levels of overall strategy (as currently, and even with your Mod (though speaking from the point of view of someone who has not played it) the only valid strategy is early game expansion).

And more strategic paths would in turn allow for more flexibility in the design of Social Policies. (i.e. +1 Culture per city, + 5 Combat Strength vs larger civs, +3 Amenities in your capital, etc).

Anyway, just some ideas to throw at an accomplished modder, looking forward to tonight...

I play 1.2.1 Enhanced - I have 4/4 (all) civ brought to my religion, yet, no religious victory came... (it is ON, as all VCs...)

Perhaps it is bugged in 1.2.1...?

Huh...there's no reason why that would happen with any of the changes I've made. Perhaps it's a Vanilla bug?

I absolutely love this mod. It makes gameplay so much more interesting. Thanks for all your hard work!!

There's only one bug I noticed that I don't think anyone else has mentioned: The Political Science policy doesn’t appear to have any effect — no extra influence points from Campus and Theater districts, or at least they're not showing up in the UI bar at the top of the screen.
Glad you're enjoying it! I'll take a loot at Political Science for the next patch. Thanks for the report!

Hi, just got told about this mod on reddit - looked through this thread, and cannot wait to try it out (technically at work now). Looks like a really nice attempt to fix some of the more horrific mechanics in civ6. Thanks!

A thought I had very early on with this game (I think during my first playthrough of civ6 - was pretty disappointed by the mechanics...) - Culture progression costs should go up per city, but science should not. (So big empires are valid, but gives a bigger impetus to tall empires).

Leading on from that thought (though probably not of interest for this mod), I thought that perhaps the Enlightenment cultural stage (thingy? tech? virtue?) could provide a big boost to renaissance-and-later era technologies (50%?) (the costs of which would in turn be increased, though perhaps 8 Ages of Peace covers this). This would lead to a strong incentive to stay small and tall - to reach the Enlightenment quicker - and then I guess expand after that (colonialism!).

Hopefully this would allow for more levels of overall strategy (as currently, and even with your Mod (though speaking from the point of view of someone who has not played it) the only valid strategy is early game expansion).

And more strategic paths would in turn allow for more flexibility in the design of Social Policies. (i.e. +1 Culture per city, + 5 Combat Strength vs larger civs, +3 Amenities in your capital, etc).

Anyway, just some ideas to throw at an accomplished modder, looking forward to tonight...
I look forward to your feedback! I'm always looking to further balance the changes in this mod :)

In regards to your suggested changes, I'm honestly not entirely sure how I feel about the increased culture cost per city. I'm trying to maintain a "vanilla feel" (only better ;)), and worry that may change up things a bit too much. I do want to make Tall more viable, so I'm considering continuing to add in some new policies specifically aimed at Tall empires. I think that may be the way to go with Civ 6 because I think the policy card mechanic adds so much more flexibility. I'm also considering further reducing the science/culture gained through population.

I haven't made too many changes to the tall/wide balance as of yet, but that's definitely something I'm hoping to address in the future.

Huh...there's no reason why that would happen with any of the changes I've made. Perhaps it's a Vanilla bug?

as of the religion victory bug:

with one of the civs it was that I gave back a city to AI at a peace treaty and this should have triggered the victory as by this the AI had majority of cities with my religion... and it was duly shown in the right side VC panel (4/4 civs had it), yet no victory came...

Top Bottom