1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that irk you

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by El Caballerion, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Great Admirals spawning in this 20 hex inland sea and I'm in information era and I still can't transfer them to the ocean but I can transfer cargo ships. I ragequit those type of games.

Most I ever had was 2 mech infantry in ancient era as well xD I ended up being the emperor of the world as cavemen worshipped my metal dragons.

But i also have memories of greek ancient riflemen attacking me in ancient era and I got screwed over badly but i managed to fend it off due to 10 hp system back then.

2. Shimmler

Shimmler Warlord

I hate when it happens in Renaissance era. Yes, my high society rolls in blue jeans when they attend Pop King Mozart's sessions in opera houses.

3. Shimmler

Shimmler Warlord

Actually you can, at least when it comes to missionaries.

4. alpha00alpha

alpha00alpha Chieftain

If there is a new expansion, it needs war justification...

5. Bostock

Bostock King

I asked a friendly Brazil to do that once, he told me that if I was foolish enough not to want the one true faith he would humor me, and then he proceeded to completely ignore his promise! Was it because he was doing the converting with a GP instead of missionaries?

6. hecubus

hecubus General Specific

When you pop a free tech from an ancient ruin, and it's the one you were a turn away from researching.

7. PrimoXanthous

PrimoXanthous ~ knightmare13 ~

when you lost your interest ,the excitement of playing due to 1 minute and 30 seconds a turn. fix this and 50% of people here in Civfanatics would be very happy! :D

8. Xiao Xiong

Xiao Xiong Prince

It irks me that turn 1 starts with focus on the settler. After studying the starting position carefully and deciding the right way to move my warrior, I move the settler instead.

9. Shimmler

Shimmler Warlord

I encountered this issue too. I think GP are somewhat unaffected by this treaty.

10. tilalilalou

tilalilalou Chieftain

I hate trades with AI :
    - The button "what will make this deal work?", with AI picking thing he won't pay for, and giving things I don't care instead of gold...
    - Interest rates : why does the AI lend me gold for FREE ??? That's stupid !
    - Interest rates again : when selling a luxury, AI gives less gold if it is GPT than if it is gold amount ! Stupid again :confused:
    - Interest rates one again : I would like to see some AI asking for gold and giving me more in GPT sometimes. And never the opposite : AI offering me less in GPT than what I'm offering !

Also, having El Dorado and Fountain of Youth as natural wonder sucks : there are currently 193 natural sites in the Unesco World Heritage List, I think that's enough choice to avoid fake natural wonders.

The world wonders mechanism sucks too. When you lose it to an unknown player is the worst : man, I don't know even know them, why would my people stop building that thing they started because some others guys very far away finished their own loads of stone :confused: