Things that irk you

Yes, at least there definitely should be a "renew last deal" option when a deal expires.

I hate the fact that my catapult can't fire across Lake Victoria.

NO CONSISTENCY IN "UNIT NEEDS ORDERS"
Whenever you give a unit an order, it doesn't go to the nearest unit. Oh no, it goes to a unit CLEAR ACROSS MY EMPIRE.

Gods, yes. I had forgotten about this as well, because it irked me enough that I turned the auto-next-unit thingy off. Now I'll just go ahead and manually move every unit I see in my screen before pressing the 'w' key that'll likely send my camera carousing across half the planet.

Order
Level 2
Resettlement - New Cities start with an extra 1 population.

It may be me (I'm not a great player), but could this be anymore useless this late in the game?

It's more useful than you think - it's extra 3 population, not 1. Might be very decent if there are lots of good spots left (of you intend to be razing lots of AI cities).

--When a unit with long-distance move-to orders has its destination blocked, it will shed its orders and request new instructions with no reminder of what its original move-to destination was. Very frustrating later in the game, when you have multiple units moving to multiple spots on the map.

--Trading posts that continue to look like medieval-era bazaars well into the modern era and beyond. Not at all the end of the world, but kind of irksome. (I've heard of trading posts updating to shopping-mall structures, but I've never seen that in my games.)

--Singapore's music. And the fact that I ALWAYS have Singapore in my games.

--Non-spreading forests. I miss CIV's forest growth. Utilitarian value aside, it made the world feel a little more dynamic and alive, less like a static (animated) painting.

--The "narrator's" intonation and articulation of certain tech/wonder/etc. quotes. Doesn't seem quite right in many places. Granted, Leonard Nimoy is a tough act to follow, but still.

--The "narrator's" intonation and articulation of certain tech/wonder/etc. quotes. Doesn't seem quite right in many places.

I like the narrator, a lot, but I agree some quotes feel a bit off. The Computers one, for instance. "..and naaaaw murcay..." :rolleyes:

I got 2 new ones:

-LACK OF DISCOVERY FOR TERRA
For instance, I would love it if TERRA would have an option where you don't know what you're going to find in the new world. Like, it could be a collection of islands, a massive barren desert (full of minerals), or a lush continent. I know there's a mod that brings some of these elements to the map script, but again, I would like it to be a default game mod.

-RANDOM NUMBER OF CITY STATES
I don't like putting down a specific # of CITY STATES. I would love for the game to have a random range (i.e., between 5 and 15 CITY STATES), which leads to more randomness and less predictability.

Puppets working merchant slots and eventually producing a great merchant, forcing me to wait longer for the great scientist/engineer my own city is working towards :mad:

Puppets working merchant slots and eventually producing a great merchant, forcing me to wait longer for the great scientist/engineer my own city is working towards :mad:

Oh yeah, this.

Great merchants in general. They're terrible.

When you get a Great Musician in late game and they do a guitar riff, and it's something like Beethoven's Fifth. I don't know why, but it annoys me :lol:

Also when the AI moves every single unit it owns 1 or 2 tiles just for the heck of it, like it's purposely trying to increase loading times.

Bugs me when I'm trying to make a fair trade, and when I hit "what do you think" or whatever, they just decide to tack on all the stuff in my inventory that the AI is willing to pay 0 moneys for.... you know, they'll be like "sounds fair but I want your 5 iron and open borders and your horses etc.", then I have to cancel them all.

Also when you're trying to sell a lux but you're not sure what the AI will pay; you have to noodle around because if you pick too low they'll just say "ok sure", and if you go too high they'll say "no way not in hell ever".... except they really will do a deal if you get the conditions right, it's frustrating.

The fact that all the mountains on a single continent are the same style (either it's all desert-style or snow-style, so you can end up with desert mountain in tundra and snow mountain in desert). Goes for plains and grasslands too but that's less noticeable.

Road graphics. It still feels like a beta.

The fact I can't set what type of unit movements to follow (enemy, friendly, own, military, civilian)

Ancient ruins. Not my thing.

Too much emphasis on empire-wide stats at the cost of management of individual cities.

The abstractness of culture and faith.

I am irked by the Demand feature. It is very empty and the only way to get a demand is when an AI is afraid, but even that hardly works.

I am also irked by the way nearly defeated players are handled. I wish nearly defeated AIs (or MP players) could offer to be your vassal state. They could still control their units and build, but their borders become permanently open to their lord as well as their luxuries. Perhaps settlers could be locked for balancing.

This could be a 'permanent' deal that could only be broken by the conqueror or by fully defeating the conqueror. Instead we get extremely bitter AIs that throw a fit they won't win. Fitting to real players, but sometimes real players don't mind becoming a minion for fun.

Order
Level 2
Resettlement - New Cities start with an extra 1 population.

It may be me (I'm not a great player), but could this be anymore useless this late in the game?

Could be useful in a Terra map?

I placed 4 or 5 archeologists in shoshone territory to grab all their antiquity sites at the same time (only one diplo hit if done on the same turn?). Right when I had them all in position, our open borders agreement ended and all my units exited his territory. Really need to be given the chance to renegotiate old deals before they drop.

-The fact that you can't link similar cultured civs together. I would love a feature that keeps European-civs on one landmass, African civs on another, Asians on another etc. I just get bugged when outright impossibilities (like Zulu, Sweden, and Incas on one continent) occur, and the OCD part of my brain just cant get immersed. I think this was an option in earlier CIV games.

OP said it shouldn't be about how terrible the AI is at war, so this thing isn't about that.

Well, not exactly. Nothing in this game, literally nothing, causes me so much rage as the AI insta-buying military units into a city that already has a garrison (something the player cannot do) and also getting to attack with that purchased unit (also something the player cannot do).

Seriously. I'll have a city under siege, things are close and attrition is wearing down my forces. It will come down to those last 2 or 3 units that will be in the red to take the city. Then the AI insta-buys a unit, shoots with it and moves it out of the city, and then attacks with the garrisoned unit - and if it is a coastal city they'll fire a shot with the ship in the city as well. This. This just drives me berserk. It's like 4 attacks in one turn from one single tile.

I feel the heat rising even as I type this thinking about it!!

Oh yeah, this.

Great merchants in general. They're terrible.

Perhaps this should be in another thread, but do Great Merchants have more value now that tiles don't produce gold? Wouldn't it make sense to plant them around your capital or trading city?

When you've passed a world ideology, and are exerting mass tourism on another civ so that they're in revolutionary wave, but they're still sitting at 20+ happiness.

When booting up a game how many leaders have the same opening words like magnanimous or blessings be upon you. Don't know why it'sbothersome but i feel like every leader has mmagnanimous in there somewhere @_@

Instaheal on promotions.

Top Bottom