Things you only just now realized

because of this i no longer auto-renew any deals and wait for my turn to renew them.

Thanks for the "heads-up"...for efficiency, I've just been automatically renewing these things....unless I have some reason not to....assuming it is all straightforward "accounting practices", so to speak.... I'll be a little more careful now....

There are a few other things in the game where you have to wait for your turn before everything is updated.... I guess this is just another example....

I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that one, it adds +2 :) for each unique luxury, so that each unique luxury produces a total of +6 :). +2 :) per each individual luxury owned would be rather absurd and a pretty serious bug considering it runs contrary to the social policy's description.

Actually, the reason I started thinking that every luxury gave +2 :) was because of the policy screen and happiness breakdown. The policy description says +2 :) from each luxury resource. Says nothing about uniqueness. The happiness breakdown (in the spoiler below) has an extra row for +2 :) per luxury.

Spoiler :

The +2 per luxury is already taken into account in the +6s though, which is particularly confusing.

I had 14 unique luxuries, plus 17 duplicates. So despite all the ambiguous wording and misleading information, it does only give +2 :) per unique resource.

Actually, this reminds me, I occasionally get peace treaty requests from AI where they offer me like 3 cities. Never take that offer! You suddenly have a ton of unhappiness because all those cities are in revolt. I always forget that, and sometimes I don't notice they're offering me cities. Due to all the city-state treaty spam, I generally only check to make sure they're not asking me to give them anything. I don't usually check to see what they're offering me in return. :p

Yea, I remember in one of my first games, a Civ offered me something like 8 cities for peace. I gladly snapped it up only to find my Civ`s happiness plummet to about -50 and the rebellions started to happen.

I remember wondering if I had been hoodwinked in a very smart way.

Well...it is, of course, all situational...I've had that happen too, but it still might make sense to take the offer. You can get things under control again in a few turns....maybe raze some of the cties...one at a time...or sell/give them up in a strategic way to some other civ.

I still remember well one game where I had captured one of the enemy's big coastal cities....they asked for peace with good terms. I took the peace and within a few turns I noticed a very menacing naval fleet from another enemy civ moving in on the still weak city... So I solved that problem by giving the city back to the original owner.....with a view to recapturing it again later when conditions might be more favourable.

And, of course, in the short run I had a happiness boost....

Just realized that if you're playing as Austria and you marry a CS that has several cities, you get all of them.

Multiple cities for the price of one.

And when does a city-state ever own multiple cities?

Yea, just treat a City State near you like it`s nothing. Wait for a Civ to make it go to war with you and as soon as you leave a city of yours thinly defended, it`ll attack and take it. Not only might it take it adding it to its number of cities and forcing you to get it back, it might even raze the city so even when you get there, it`ll be gone!

I`ve seen it happen.

Actually, the reason I started thinking that every luxury gave +2 :) was because of the policy screen and happiness breakdown. The policy description says +2 :) from each luxury resource. Says nothing about uniqueness. The happiness breakdown (in the spoiler below) has an extra row for +2 :) per luxury.

Spoiler :

The +2 per luxury is already taken into account in the +6s though, which is particularly confusing.

This is why you need courthouses folks! No offence but looking that over I would never have 300+ unhappiness. I would think of annexing and buying courts and thats my strategy.

This is why you need courthouses folks! No offence but looking that over I would never have 300+ unhappiness. I would think of annexing and buying courts and thats my strategy.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever. It doesn't matter so much about the level of unhappiness you have, what matters is the difference between your happiness and unhappiness. I've clearly got that covered, so the raw unhappiness level being what you'd consider to be obscenely high is irrelevant.

it was only 32.4 from puppets and 13.4 from occupied cities. those courthouses would barely put a dent in 300+ unhappiness anyway. it's turn 476. those numbers arent even remotely crazy. im guessing it's marathon since it t476 and only year 1886?

i forgot epic was in between. i thought marathon was the 1-step slower game time. thanks.

Ok, here`s my dumbest one. When I thought to get Mods to work you had to select the Mods and when it showed up hit `next` then `back` after it showed in the list.

Took me a while to realise that you don`t hit `Back`, you hit the new tab at the top for `New game` or `Set up game`. I kept wondering why none of my Mods were working. Doh.

Top Bottom