This is a first for me

fox456

Warlord
My game was acting oddly.

1. When a tech was researched, the new options wouldn't pop up.
2. When a unit was finished moving, the game didn't proceed to the next unit automatically.
3. The red end turn notification never appeared -- I just had to end the turn myself.

So, I started a new game. When I got to the screen to select a civilization, the game immediately crashed. I tried the following remedies, but got the same CTD:

1. Restarted Civ BtS and reloaded C2C.
2. Deleted the cache and did step 1.
3. Downloaded and installed DLL5788.zip patch and did step 1.
4. Restarted my computer and then did step 1.
5. Deleted my C2C v31 folder completely and re-installed C2C and then did step 1.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? The civilization selection menu in BtS works fine without C2C. I had previously played a game through over 300 turns with no problems.

1. When a tech was researched, the new options wouldn't pop up.
2. When a unit was finished moving, the game didn't proceed to the next unit automatically.
3. The red end turn notification never appeared -- I just had to end the turn myself.

So, I started a new game. When I got to the screen to select a civilization, the game immediately crashed. I tried the following remedies, but got the same CTD:

5. Deleted my C2C v31 folder completely and re-installed C2C and then did step 1.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? The civilization selection menu in BtS works fine without C2C. I had previously played a game through over 300 turns with no problems.

Yeah, 1/2/3 has happened to me also, what it means is that there is ONE unit that needs to be moved and is stuck someplace, is all. What i do is click on the "right arrow" and start going through the cities one by one and see if there is a unit in that area that needs to be moved. Once you figure out which unit it is that is stalled, everything will go back to normal. It mainly happens when i have alot of units/AI in-play.

Yeah, 1/2/3 has happened to me also, what it means is that there is ONE unit that needs to be moved and is stuck someplace, is all. What i do is click on the "right arrow" and start going through the cities one by one and see if there is a unit in that area that needs to be moved. Once you figure out which unit it is that is stalled, everything will go back to normal. It mainly happens when i have alot of units/AI in-play.
For me a much simpler recipe works: Click on any fortified unit, activate it and fortify again. Then the game switches automatically to another unit that hasn´t moved yet.

For me a much simpler recipe works: Click on any fortified unit, activate it and fortify again. Then the game switches automatically to another unit that hasn´t moved yet.

Pressing 'Enter' when the end turn button is still green goes straight to the unit that hasn't moved.

Thanks for your replies.

However, I must have not emphasized the CRITICAL problem. I can't play the game at all now. As soon as I get to the Civilization Select Screen, the game crashes no matter which civ I choose.

When I got to the screen to select a civilization, the game immediately crashed. I tried the following remedies, but got the same CTD:

Top Bottom