This mod SUX

You should work on the XML next. I will make a commit tonight, with all that I have. You can work on the map afterwards (using the "new" map).

Istria becomes knit-picking. We might as well make this part of Verona (I don't see an issue if we are a bit off from "real" geography).

Galicia looks fine.

If we merge it, than it should be part of Croatia
But then we have to add whole Croatia to Venice's provinces.
Thinking about it, that might not be bad for gameplay
Croatia could be the war reason between Hungary and Venice
The negative aspect is that we cannot add the Fiume region to Venice's core provinces, as Croatia is a core province of Hungary...

If we merge it, than it should be part of Croatia
But then we have to add whole Croatia to Venice's provinces.
Thinking about it, that might not be bad for gameplay
Croatia could be the war reason between Hungary and Venice
The negative aspect is that we cannot add the Fiume region to Venice's core provinces, as Croatia is a core province of Hungary...

Don't merge them with Croatia, it is a bit weird as is. Flume should be part of Venice's core, they don't have anything else otherwise.

You should work on the XML next. I will make a commit tonight, with all that I have. You can work on the map afterwards (using the "new" map).

Ok, I also planned to wait for your update with changing the map
Btw, merijn did a great job, and his xml changes are close to a working version
Or do you want me to add everything to the consts, balance and map python files as well?

Or do you want me to add everything to the consts, balance and map python files as well?

You cannnot do that. I changed those. I already have maps for Lithuania, all I need is XML and Art. If you have things, pass them over, I will do the rest. (you can adjust any details afterwards)

Looks good.

Here are my suggestions:

Why not combine Istria with Dalmatia? I know they were never historically considered as a unit, but for gameplay reasons, I don't think any Civ would have different behavior because of this. Name could simply be Istria-Dalmatia

I know I suggested the name Galilee, but now I feel that area to be more Lebanon than Galilee. Also, why does this province snake its way down the east bank of the Jordan?

I like Arber/Arberia more than Illyria

(I think I mentioned these already)
Bengazi should be Cyrenaica
Libya should be Tripolitania
Tunis should be Ifriqyia

BTW, is the Ctr+hover tooltip function operational?

Don't merge them with Croatia, it is a bit weird as is. Flume should be part of Venice's core, they don't have anything else otherwise.

Actually it was (and is) part of Croatia, I just didn't really wanted to do this because Venice never aimed for the whole territory of Croatia, only the coastal cities and the dalmatian islands. But maybe this is still the best option here
Because I don't think it's a problem if Venice (and Genoa) only has a small core province, they were a city state after all

Looks good.

Here are my suggestions:

Why not combine Istria with Dalmatia? I know they were never historically considered as a unit, but for gameplay reasons, I don't think any Civ would have different behavior because of this. Name could simply be Istria-Dalmatia

I know I suggested the name Galilee, but now I feel that area to be more Lebanon than Galilee. Also, why does this province snake its way down the east bank of the Jordan?

Tunis should be Ifriqyia

So long as we don't make too many changes to the geography, we can adjust those later.

Sneaky Galilee is to leave Jerusalem as its own province, should probably be fixed ... later. Lets get Lithuania first, then I can get to code the provinces and AbsintheRed can keep working on the map and fix the names.

Good suggestions thought.

You cannnot do that. I changed those. I already have maps for Lithuania, all I need is XML and Art. If you have things, pass them over, I will do the rest. (you can adjust any details afterwards)

Cool, I just wasn't sure if you want me to do those too or not
I agree btw and don't plan to polish lithuania right now, just to have a working and testable version

Actually it was (and is) part of Croatia, I just didn't really wanted to do this because Venice never aimed for the whole territory of Croatia, only the coastal cities and the dalmatian islands. But maybe this is still the best option here
Because I don't think it's a problem if Venice (and Genoa) only has a small core province, they were a city state after all

Because Venice never went inland, I want to keep the coast separate. Otherwise, we will not need Albania.

Cool, I just wasn't sure if you want me to do those too or not
I agree btw and don't plan to polish lithuania right now, just to have a working and testable version

I doubt you can get anything working beyond the Civilopedia. You need to recompile the C++ to add another player (the number of players is hard-coded, you can have less, but not more, the number of XML entries is not hard-coded).

Looks good.

Here are my suggestions:

Tunis should be Ifriqyia

BTW, is the Ctr+hover tooltip function operational?

Sry, I tried to include every good suggestion from the last few days' comments, probably missed your post.
We can change back to Arberia, and slightly adjust the Galilee province to be closer to the historical Galilee or change it's name to Lebanon
The other name changes are also good
I agree that Istria should be closer to Croatia, so I'm fine with merging it with Dalmatia too

EDIT: the hovering works

Because Venice never went inland, I want to keep the coast separate. Otherwise, we will not need Albania.

Fair enough. I think that Science Rules suggestion is the best then.

I doubt you can get anything working beyond the Civilopedia. You need to recompile the C++ to add another player (the number of players is hard-coded, you can have less, but not more, the number of XML entries is not hard-coded).

Of course, I meant only a "working" xml part. So you don't have to adjust anything there, just in python and c++

Fair enough. I think that Science Rules suggestion is the best then.

Of course, I meant only a "working" xml part. So you don't have to adjust anything there, just in python and c++

Will it happen in the next hour or should I go to bed and do it early tomorrow morning. I just don't want to wait for nothing (I get up around 5:00AM so I go to bed early).

Will it be release today (Sunday)?

I can make something like a release, but nothing good. Provinces will not work for another week. All you will get is the slower tech rate and UHV screen, and I guess Lithuania, but no UHV or UP yet, I can get those on Monday (afternoon US time).

Will it happen in the next hour or should I go to bed and do it early tomorrow morning. I just don't want to wait for nothing (I get up around 5:00AM so I go to bed early).

I'm running through the xml files, and it seems that only the civilizationifos.xml and leaderheadinfos.xml are missing. I can get something temporarly in those in 5 minutes
But if you want to be sure that I'm not missing anything, than wait till morning. I will check everything in detail till then

Not a chance. This Sunday wasn't a fix date, but the delay is my fault. I got much slower through the provinces then I was supposed to.
Next Sunday is probably closer for a full release

2 more files, but I think that's all
Do you want them now?
I never commited to the svn before, so it's probably quicker if I upload them here

I'm running through the xml files, and it seems that only the civilizationifos.xml and leaderheadinfos.xml are missing. I can get something temporarly in those in 5 minutes
But if you want to be sure that I'm not missing anything, than wait till morning. I will check everything in detail till then

Not a chance. This Sunday wasn't a fix date, but the delay is my fault. I got much slower through the provinces then I was supposed to.
Next Sunday is probably closer for a full release

I will do it in the morning then. Then I will post a "temp" release if people are interested. Maybe a FileFront one, Beta 6 is still the most "stable" version that we have.

I will do it in the morning then. Then I will post a "temp" release if people are interested. Maybe a FileFront one, Beta 6 is still the most "stable" version that we have.

I'd rather wait to play a more complete version with working provinces and everything. I'm not terribly interested in downloading a version with only marginal changes compared to Beta 6.

Absinthered,

Don't fret about those suggestions you missed. I understand that a lot of work goes into making this mod (along with juggling your volunteer work with real life), so I know everything won't be perfect.

BTW, will Istria-Dalmatia work as a non-contiguous province? Or will we have to assign part of the Adriatic to this province?

Top Bottom