Thrawns Random SG

As Kefka the second took the throne he survayed his land and put out a decree that it was not enough! "I want more Land and I want it quick" Kefka anounced before he dissapered in to his palace.

In 530 BC Kefkas plea was anwsered as Salamanca builds a settler elsewhere in Grand River a new worker begains his carrer under Kefkas leadership and settlers become the next thing for River to build.

By 490 BC all the Kindom had Known Kefkas decree and Irontown gains culture in an attempt to please there land hungry leader.
Chimeaera is attacted by two barbaric warriors but to no avail as our brave spearmen hold them off and gain Vetran status. :D

In 470 BC Salamanca has created the first mounted warrior to seek out and destroy the barbarians, Salamanca then begains to build a temple for the happiness of our people.
Niagra Falls on the other hand has just completed a temple and begains to build barracks.
And last but certainly not least Kefland produces Barracks and begains a wall to defend against the english or quite possibly the aztecs.

The year 450 BC will go down in history as a Code of Law is established in Iroquois and in september 31st of that year the first man to be tried in a court of law was sentenced to death for stealing one of the cheifs horse's :mad:
we now search for a way to easaly trade money for goods and create a common Currency.

In 410 BC Salamanca created a temple and begain construction of a great Library that will put all other librarys in the world to shame :goodjob:

In 390 BC a city by the name of Oil springs was founded and they begain work on a spearman.

350 BC; Grand river has assembled a team of many willing settler's to go forth and claim more land in our name.
also allegheny builds a temple and begains work on a courthouse.

Kefka was out behind the palace taking a leak when a stranger came up behind him and taped on his shoulder.
as Kefka swung around to see who it was he forgot to zip up or even stop pissing for that matter.
"WHAT THE... ITS ALL OVER MY LEG!"
Kefka realized he had just pissed on the leg of the persian leader Emperor Xerxes, "Oh **** I apologize lets not let this not hurt the relationship that our two civs have with eachother." Kefka quickly spurt out.
".......fine......fine"Xerxes begain to say as he was trying to shake his leg dry "I have Importaint matters to discuss with you perhaps we could....continue our talks inside after I have changed. "Certaintly" Kefka replied.
Kefka wondered for hours what Xerxes could have wanted so badly that he came all the way here but he knew that because of this mornings earlier Incident Xerxes had to be annoyed by now.

During the meeting Xerxes came out and bluntly said "we want literature" The boldness of Xerxes stunned Kefka who simply said "well what would I get? I hear you have philosophy."
"is that what it will take for lit?"
"yes"
"then let it be so we will teach you philosophy and you will teach us literature".
The excange was made :) and as a formallity maps were exchanged, we now had philosophy and an updated map, despite the earlier Incedent Xerxes left Politly.

In 350 BC Sevopolis produced barracs and begains work on settlers
In the east 25 gold was taken from a barbarian camp by our warrior.

290 BC, Kefkland now has a wall and begains to build a courthouse.
Some strange Aztec type Warriors wander into our land and I contact the Aztec's and tell them "to kindly remove their buttmuchess out from out my land" They agree

In 270 BC Irontown complete's a barrack and begains to build a harbor.
Allegheny's culture expands

In 250 BC Grand rivers culture expands yet again.
but that jag Warrior is still not leaving, he continues to stalk around Stevopiolis I contact the the Aztec's and tell them "Look your warriors have no buisness in my land! I asked you once don't make me ask you again remove thine form from off my land! Or else".
finnally the warrior leave's and he does a quick job of it too ;)

In 210 BC I find out why my sound is not working! I forgot to turn on the speakers :rolleyes: Oh wait that has nothing to do with this...
Grand River makes a settler and begins the Mighty Colossus
Stevopolis also builds a settler and begins a mounted Warrior.
also in the east our warrior snached 25 gold from barbarians and must rest as he was hurt in the attack.

190 BC Niagra Falls produces barracks and begins mounted warriers
Cattaraugus has created a temple and now works on a galley.
also the master at arms whips Stevopollis :whipped: to build the mounted warrior faster as our settler's and workers needs protection from barbarians in the north

In 170 BC Currency is learned! :goodjob: the next thing Kefka orders is polytheism
Steveopollis builds that mounted warrior and begain a marketplace.

150 BC the Mounted Warriors are too late to save the worker but they destroy the warrior responsible for the workers death and claim protection over the settlers.

on the night of december,28, 150 BC Kefka the second died peacfully in his sleep :sleep:

Some notes for the next player there are two active settlers one in south that can easily be seen and one in the north that is hidding behind our mounted warriors, I belive a barbarian encampment is up in that grass land so before you take it make sure the mounted warrior kills it :mad: they got the worker that build some of the road up there already :(

Attachments

• screen01.jpg
    screen01.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 148
Good stuff Kefka.:goodjob: Once the Great Library finishes, we should just drop science to zero. This way we'll stock up on cash, and gain techs from the other civs for free. :D I did this in my game, and I managed to stock up about 1500 gold before I got education.

You're up Firestarter.

Personally I think Luxarys should be Increased a bit. :lol:
cause Salamanca has already had riots before and they have two happy and two unhappy people at this point.
If it gains another person Salamanca may become In disorder. :crazyeyes
Well thats my two cents on the state of our relm ;)

Really, this was a very quick and uneventful turn.

Inheirited turn: luxuries went up to 20%, Salamanca is really on the brink of more civil disorder, and we really need to get it happy again once it finishes the Great Library.

130 (1) - Troop movement.

110 (2) - Cultural expansion, troop movement.

90 (3) - More mining, troop movement.

70 (4) - Mauch Chunk founded near hills and more incense. A barbarian warrior attacks and loses in the south to a spearman. More cultural expansion.

50 (5) - More barb movement and troop movement.

30 (6) - Raided a barb camp for 25 gold.

10 (7) - The Babylonians start the Great Library. St. Regis is founded and starts on a temple. We may start seeing some cultural border wars soon with the English, etc.

30 AD (8) - Temples built, more troop movement. The palace expands due to temple creation.

50 AD (9) - There is a barbarian uprising near Chimaera, a second spearman is moved there as support. Elizabeth demands incense, instead I give her a deal that nets us some gold while not giving away too much. The English have construction. Alleghany gets a courthouse, and they now have decent production. The English and the Persians start the Great Library, while London completes the Oracle. We are close to England and could easily take possession of it in the future.

70 AD (10 - last of second round) - More troop movement. The Aztecs start the Great Library.

Notes:

- more military is a must
- expansion will start to be in the form of taking over other cities now
- we should be able to finish the Great Library first, we should then start getting more money
- we are researching Construction right now, but I suggest that the next leader switch to one of the open governments (we can research both monarchy and republic)
- when you switch research, either buy it off of the English or wait for the Great Library to kick in

That's it for now. Good luck to the next leader.

LordNocturne, you're up. When the Great Library finishes, set to 0% sci, and watch the money role in. You could even do this a few turns before it finishes. And get more military. imo we should begin a mil buildup with the goal of exterminating the english. Lets go to war! :D :rocket:

Originally posted by Thrawn
LordNocturne, you're up. When the Great Library finishes, set to 0% sci, and watch the money role in. You could even do this a few turns before it finishes. And get more military. imo we should begin a mil buildup with the goal of exterminating the english. Lets go to war! :D :rocket:

Finally! Let slip the dogs of war!

:D :D :D :goodjob:

I must confess that I couldn't wait until somebody said this. I fully agree with everything Thrawn said.

When the Great Library finishes, set science to 0% and ride the tech wave until education. By then we should try to establish our spot as a dominant civilization so that we can go post-Education and take our own tech lead into the Industrial era (or whenever).

It's looking good! Corruption is starting to show, however, hopefully we can get to Monarchy... I suggest we go Monarchy for three reasons:

1) To reduce corruption
2) To be able to rush jobs by spending money (from the Great Library era) so that we don't have to kill off citizens, thereby helping happiness as well
3) To negate war weariness when we go to war with the English

If anyone disagrees, please tell me... remember, I'm here to learn as well as have fun, so I'd like to know if I'm doing things totally wrong.

Go LordNocturne Go! :goodjob:

I agree on switching to monarchy. Even though republic gives us more trade, we should get the great library, and we should start building up for war. So republic is just going to hurt us, with war weariness. Monarchy is the better choice, imho.

I'll have to play when i get home from school today. Expect a report in abotu 8 hours. Hehe.

Let the wars BEGIN!

-LordNocturne

Sorry to hear that LordNocturne. :(

Should we open up the game for another player? Or just carry on as we are?

I vote that we just carry on for now... if more people feel too much pressure to keep it going then we can always open it up later... but for now we should still be able to swing four people.

(Hey, look at the bright side, our turns come faster/more frequent now!)

:hammer:

Once again Steve came from nowhere and was duly "elected" by the "people". On ascending the throne, he dubbed himself Steve-a-watha, Ruler of all the Iroquois lands.

Despite his ego, he was a benevolent ruler. He preferred not to use the whip, as happy subjects are harder working subjects. He did formulate a plan to move his empire forward.

(1) Most critical first. We MUST get the Great Library completed before anyone else. This achievement would allow us to reduce science to a bare minimum, relying on the other civilizations to do our research for us.

(2) Change our slow and inefficient government to a Monarchy.

(3) The English grunts foul our lands with their stench, and must be eliminated. We must build a mighty army to crush them.

And now, the summary...

Inherited Turn:
A program of city micromanagement is installed. Cities are checked for unhappiness and those that might need adjustment are monitored. As a result not one city goes into disorder during my 20 turns. Steve-a-watha is a little peturbed to hear that the unwashed Barbarians have plopped a stack of horsemen outside Tonawanda.

(1) 110AD
Our first galley sets off to explore around the coast. The first of the unwashed barbarians attack our first regular spearman, who is brought down to 1 hit point. The second regular spearman then procedes to impale the rest of the stack (about 8 units) on the end of his spear, and gets promoted all the way to elite. Irontown builds a harbor, and becomes a training base for mounted warriors. Maunch Chunk builds a worker and starts a Spearman.

(2) 130AD
(3) 150AD
(4) 170AD
Salamanca is about to grow to 11, and go into disorder. Elvis-a-watha is brought in to stave off disorder. A messenger appears, announcing the completion of the Great Library!!! A marketplace is ordered, to reward our hard-working labourers.

(5) 190AD
While the citizens celebrated their latest Great Wonder, Steve-a-watha attends to some infrastructure improvements. He is concerned that too much effort is being expended in less productive outer cities than in the more productive cities around the Capital. A number of anomalies need to be corrected, such as irrigated grasslands with shields. These need to be mined, along with some hills. A four worker stack is set up, to target improvements around our core cities. The Great Library proves it's worth, and we learn Construction and Monotheism, and get dragged screaming into the Middle Ages. :cool: A number of cities begin aquaducts to allow further growth. We hear that the Aztec city of Technochtitlan has built the Great Wall.

(6) 210AD
Steve-a-watha fires all scientists from the realm, now relying entirely upon the Great Library to provide advances. Well not entirely. Despite the 0% science, we go to Salamanca and turn Elvis-a-watha to Einstein-a-watha to research at 40 turns per advance. A number of courthouses are coming online now, and emphasis is shifted towards a mixed military, consisting of swordsmen (slow, but good all-round), spearmen (good defence, and UPGRADABLE), and mounted warriors (good attack, but need defender support).

(7) 230AD
2 barbarian galleys are spotted by our exploring galley. Both of them go glug glug glug to the bottom of the sea. Our galley is unscathed and becomes a veteran.

(8) 250AD
Our worker stack is assembled and begins improving our core cities.

(9) 260AD
Irontown cranks out another mounted warrior. Chimaera cranks out a barracks and begins a courthouse.

(10) 270AD
Maunch Chunk is connected to trade network by the lone worker that we built there. We now have a number of cities cranking out military.

(11) 280AD
Salamanca completes it's marketplace and starts a cathedral, in the hope of getting to size 12 and keeping everything orderly there. Kefkland is now cranking out spearmen.

(12) 290AD
We call on Xerxes, and he trades us contact with the Russians for 45 gold. His attitude changes from cautious to polite. Russia has no gold, and is two techs behind us. No-one else has anything to offer us. Hanurabi wants to show his if I show mine. I veto his request for an exchange of World Maps, but let him exchange territory maps.

(13) 300AD
Steveopolis on palace placeholder for Sistine. We need to mine round there to increase shields.

(14) 310AD
An English warrior is wandering around our lands. He looks lost, and appears to be headed towards his homeland. The Aztech city of Tlacaopan overthrows it's government and joins our empire. At the request of his girlfriend (and also because some of us can't cope with typing those Aztec names) Steve-a-watha renames it to TellyTubbyLand, and apologizes profusely to the people. :lol: Walls are ordered, as it borders our future battle-ground.

(15) 320AD
(16) 330AD
Salamanca completes it's cathedral, I reorganize the workers and move the scientist to Tonawanda, as it's at size 6 and cannot grow until it gets an aquaduct. Salamanca is used to crank out mounted warriors pending a new wonder. Kefkland takes a break from spearman production to get an aquaduct built, so it can expand further.

(17) 340AD
Irontown continues to crank out mounted warriors.

(18) 350AD
Our galley spots new and apparently unsettled land to the South. of Akkad (Babylon). We pick up Engineering from the Great Library.

(19) 360AD
Our galley continues to explore the new island. There is a goody hut there just wating to be popped. It'll be a while before we have a settler ready, however.

(20) 370AD
Steve-a-watha has enough time to micromanage a few cities before he is dragged away from the Royal Palace.

Here is the save, which I'll follow up with a few notes and some screenshots...

In approximate descending order of importance...

(1) Palace placeholder at Steveopolis for Sistine. WE NEED TO MINE THOSE HILLS THERE. I have a 4 worker stack on the case.

(2) I have found a new island near Akkad. It's only small, but it appears to be uninhabited. There is a goody hut waiting to be popped, so go ahead, crank out a settler and colonize it. DON'T TRADE TERRITORY OR WORLD MAPS - we don't want everyone else and his dog settling there.

(3) I have started a troop build-up in preparation for war woth England. These troops are being stationed at Allegheny and Kefkland to allow a two front attack.

(4) We haven't yet got Monarchy or Republic from the GL. With only one turn of anarchy (religious attribute), we can flip between these two pretty much at will once we get them, so I would recommend making use of both.

(5) We are at zero science except for a scientist in Tonawanda. He needs to be put back to work though once the aquaduct is built there.

(6) Colossus due at Grand River in 3 turns.

And here is our empire...

Originally posted by Arizona_Steve
...but by guarding our maps, it'll be OUR little crappy island.
Ok I have to ask but how did you get the forests and mountains looking that way? I mean what did you download to get it that way?

Top Bottom