thread post limit

ybbor

Will not change his avata
is there still a limit of 300 posts per thread? i heard this was lifted, but not sure, and why does it exist antway?

I don't think it exists at all anymore, except in All Other Games word association threads. I remember one of Curt's religion threads extending past 1,000 posts.

The only limit is that word game threads (in the All Other Games forum) are deleted and replaced upon reaching 500 posts.

@Gogf: A while ago, threads in the Colliseum had to be replaced after reaching 300 posts (although the old threads were kept). (This is why there's more than one babe thread, for example.) This rule was lifted a few months ago (don't know exactly when).

The 300 posts per thread was fr a time when we're using uBB or something, when long threads can become unstable and problematic.

At present, we don't impose any max limit on threads, except for game threads when these will be deleted once they reach 500 posts, to reduce spam.

The longest thread I remember is the "1000 clues you have played Civ3 too much", which IIRC had over 1500 ( :eek: ) posts in it...

yeah, look in the C&C forums. There's threads with well over 3,000 posts in there.

The 2 longest threads are in NES:
Return to Roots NES 2 has 5015 posts:eek::eek::eek:
StJNES4: The Normal Story NES has 4682 posts:eek::eek:
DYP thread has currently 3331 posts:eek:

(there may be longer threads too)

Hmm... that's quite a long thread... imagine you would have to read it all through! :eek: Quite a long story would that be...

Top Bottom