Thread to Report Issues with new xenForo version 2.2

This is how my quick-reply window now looks. I am sure the formatting options are aligned wrongly:

Also, the default 'Enter' is a paragraph distance, like so:
Paragraph
Distance

It used to be a simple line break, like so:
Line
Break
I would massively prefer the line break, to be honest.

EDIT: Okay, the paragraph/line break thing seems to be because of the formatting of the quick reply window. As you can see in my post, it actually looks correct when I make the post.
Compare to how my posted post looks versus how it looks in this window:

This is how my quick-reply window now looks. I am sure the formatting options are aligned wrongly:
Also, the default 'Enter' is a paragraph distance, like so:
Paragraph
Distance
It used to be a simple line break, like so:
Line
Break
I would massively prefer the line break, to be honest.
That was me, sorry, I've reversed that already.

Just noticing that each time I enter a thread, I am always at the top, at the first post. Is that a setting I need to address (like, "Go to first unread post"), or is that a shortcoming at the moment?

Just noticing that each time I enter a thread, I am always at the top, at the first post. Is that a setting I need to address (like, "Go to first unread post"), or is that a shortcoming at the moment?

For me, it's so if there's no new post in a thread, then a click will bring me to post #1.
But IF there's a new post in a thread, a click on the thread will bring me to the first new post.

I was having an issue where the top bar buttons were appearing as text rather than buttons but that seems to be fixed now. It looked like this:
Remove formattingBoldItalicFont size
Text colorMore options…
Alignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
Paragraph format
  • Normal
  • Heading 1​

• Heading 2​

• Heading 3​

Insert linkInsert imageSmiliesMediaQuoteInsert tableMore options…
UndoRedoToggle BB codeDrafts
  • Save draft
  • Delete draft
Preview

Font family
  • Arial
  • Book Antiqua
  • Courier New
  • Georgia
  • Tahoma
  • Times New Roman
  • Trebuchet MS
  • Verdana
Strike-throughUnderlineInline codeInline spoiler
Insert horizontal lineSpoilerCode

Write your reply...

I was having an issue where the top bar buttons were appearing as text rather than buttons but that seems to be fixed now. It looked like this:
Remove formattingBoldItalicFont size
Text colorMore options…
Alignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
Paragraph format
  • Normal
  • Heading 1​

• Heading 2​

• Heading 3​

Insert linkInsert imageSmiliesMediaQuoteInsert tableMore options…
UndoRedoToggle BB codeDrafts
  • Save draft
  • Delete draft
Preview

Font family
  • Arial
  • Book Antiqua
  • Courier New
  • Georgia
  • Tahoma
  • Times New Roman
  • Trebuchet MS
  • Verdana
Strike-throughUnderlineInline codeInline spoiler
Insert horizontal lineSpoilerCode

Write your reply...
Yes, that was me, should be fixed already. Please re-load all pages.

mmhh... which browser? This does not seem to be the same behaviour for me in either FF or Chromium.

Please check if they are permanent (log-out and in)
I'm using Chrome. But it is no longer disappearing after I hover. I'm wondering if I inadvertently clicked or something...

Still don't see a drop-down, but at least the red alert digit is still there.

I'm using Chrome. But it is no longer disappearing after I hover. I'm wondering if I inadvertently clicked or something...

Still don't see a drop-down, but at least the red alert digit is still there.
Drop-down only when you click on it. But yes, we'll try to fix that.
I also notice that you do not seem to highlight or Bold words in posts you've quoted. You can still add and delete text in quotes thought.
I just bolded something in your quote. Or did you not mean this?

Yes that is what I mean. I can't do it anymore. When I click in the box of your quote I can't highlight any text to bold it. I can only delete or add text which is how I deleted your first sentence. I do however seem to be able to bold the text I add. See below (I will try using code to bold instead of the button):
Drop-down only when you click on it. But yes, we'll try to fix that. bold bold bold

OK that works... but the buttons still don't work and I can't highlight within the quotes.

I'm hoping there's a classic theme in the works 🤔

Hello, first, thank you all for the work done.
Second of all : pictures posted with URL from external links (e.g. Imgur) do not appear on the forum but rather as links to the external site.
A [media] tag is automatically added within the tag and that may be what's causing trouble.

Thank you for saving the smileys :hatsoff:

edit : Now, I realize the [ i m g ] tag is borken perhaps.

For me, it's so if there's no new post in a thread, then a click will bring me to post #1.
But IF there's a new post in a thread, a click on the thread will bring me to the first new post.
And now, drum-roll please, it is working correctly!

It was happening to me in this thread, which (as you know) almost certainly has a new post every time one re-enters it.

I am very pro the collapsible forums (already mentioned by @The_J ).

Upon first opening the New and Improved Forum I was greeted by the (ordinary but annoying) "Ya gotta accept our cookies!!".
Okay. There. Satisfied?

However, every time I change pages (like, to a different forum) I still get the greyed-out box at the bottom, although there is no text in it.

EDIT: Did not realize I wasn't signed in. When I did sign in, the box no longer appeared. (But I still think it should go away after it's accepted, right?)
What does "collapsible forums" mean? :blush:

Yes that is what I mean. I can't do it anymore. When I click in the box of your quote I can't highlight any text to bold it. I can only delete or add text which is how I deleted your first sentence. I do however seem to be able to bold the text I add. See below (I will try using code to bold instead of the button):

OK that works... but the buttons still don't work and I can't highlight within the quotes.
Aaaahh.... no, the buttons work. It just turns out that the colour for highlighting is the same as the background colour. Gonna see where I can fix that.

I'm hoping there's a classic theme in the works 🤔
The "modern CFC" theme is available.
Hello, first, thank you all for the work done.
Second of all : pictures posted with URL from external links (e.g. Imgur) do not appear on the forum but rather as links to the external site.
A [media] tag is automatically added within the tag and that may be what's causing trouble.

Thank you for saving the smileys :hatsoff:

edit : Now, I realize the [ i m g ] tag is borken.[/img]
Could I have a link to a broken imgur link please?

What does "collapsible forums" mean? :blush:
1657913766791.png

The button on the right end of the Title Bar will collapse that forum. I rarely look at Beyond Earth or VI, so by collapsing I don't have to page down past them.

Top Bottom