• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

jarcast2

Janitor Raccoon
Tibet

DOWNLOAD

Leader - Songtsen Gampo

UA - Chos Rgyal
Cities claim nearby Mountains and gain +1 :c5faith: Faith and :c5greatperson: Great General Point, up to +2 after founding a Religion, and up to +3 after enhancing. Citadel and Holy Site are combined in a unique Dzong improvement. Civilian and Recon Units (except Settlers) may cross Mountains.

Spoiler Dzong :

Dzong has the yields and properties of both rubber and gum Citadel and Holy Site.
May be built by GProphets and GGenerals.
In addition it can be built on mountains, and provide +2 :c5food: Food on tile when done so.
+1 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5faith: Faith to adjacent Villages.

UU1 - Dob-Dob

Standalone unit that requires Enhanced Religion.
Doesn't obsolete.
250 :c5faith: Faith
12 :c5strength: (increases with eras)
3 :c5moves: moves

Prohibits foreign Religion spread like an Inquisitor
Ignores Terrain Cost promotion
Monastic Police promotion: +25% :c5strength: Combat Strength when adjacent to an owned City or a Dzong.
Aide in Wordly Matters promotion: When garrisoned, it helps converting 15% of City's :c5faith: Faith into :c5production: Production.
Tibetan Theocracy promotion: May kill missionaries of foreign religions gaining 5 XP and an amount of :c5faith: Faith.

Spoiler Tibetan Theocracy :
For humans Dob-dob must be on the same tile or adjacent, for dumb AI within 2 tiles range

Spoiler Combat Strength :
Screenshot_8.png

UI - Yak Pasture

Unlocks at Masonry.
May be built on owned Mountains and not adjacent to another Yak Pasture.
Spawns and improves a copy of the unique Yak luxury resource.
Spoiler Yak resource :

Yields: +2 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5production: Production, +1 :c5culture: Culture.
Pasture yields: +1 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5production: Production, +1 :c5gold: Gold.
Monopoly bonus: +5% :c5culture: Culture, +5% :c5food: Food in all owned Cities.
Corporation: Landsea Extractors.

More Unique Components

UU2 - Rtakhrab Pai'dpung (Knight)

Unlocks at Chivalry
150 :c5production: Production, 250 :c5faith: Faith (purchasable with Faith)
25 :c5strength: CS (+1)
3 :c5moves: moves (-1)
No Defensive bonuses, Can move after attacking, City attack penalty.
Rtakhrab promotion (kept on upgrade): +33% :c5strength: CS versus Melee and Archery Units.
Wisdom of Age promotion (lost on upgrade): +1 :c5strength: CS per level-up.

UB - Kumbum (Temple)

Unlocks later at Theology.
300 :c5production: Production (+50%), 400 :c5faith: Faith (purchasable with Faith)
+4 :c5faith: Faith, +1 :c5culture: Culture.
Increases the City's resistance to Religious conversion by 15%.
Provides 10% of the Cost of any Gold purchase or investment in this City as :c5faith: Faith.
Provides 10% of the Cost of any Faith Purchase in this City as :c5culture: Culture.
Units in the City heal 10 HP per turn whether or not they take an action.

Generates +50% Religious Pressure (double).

Rest of Temple stuff.

Credits:
  • Sukritact: leader art, civ icon, civ text from MC's Tibet.
  • RawSasquatch: Dzong icon from RawSasquatch's Bhutan.
  • Ekmek: Dzong model.
  • Orangechrisy: Yak Pasture Icon from EmeraldRange's Mogadishu.
  • LastSword: Kumbum icon from LastSword's Tibet.
  • Ghost_toast: yak resource model.
  • Gwennog: promotions icon art, betatesting.
  • Hokath: design help, diplo text, general feedbacks, betatesting.
  • Jarcast: design, code, text, Dob-Dob icon, Rtakhrab Pai'dpung icon, Yak resource icon.

Last edited:
This is ideal for Religious victory mod
Hokath and I made the civ compatible with the religious victory mod.
Dzongs explicitly counts as Holy Sites for the purpose of reducing the religious dominance threshold.

Thank you for polishing this civ that existed as a very crude mod before. Looks high quality as ever. It has much more character than Incas.

Very nice looking civ.

Some early observations:

-Explosive early game if you have some mountains around your capital. First tech animal husbandry and making a worker before shrine or monument is really good for getting those yak pastures out, the yields are very strong early. Possibly too strong, might have to move the pastures down the tech tree a bit or something.
-Neighbors might not appreciate all the mountain tiles near their borders getting claimed
-Tibet really really wants god of the open sky pantheon, as it works for their mountain pastures
-Fealty seems a given with the faith cost reduction and the pasture yield increase, at least taking the opener should always be worth it
-Putting a dzong on a mountain near a war zone is borderline cheating, the ai can't pillage them (unless they are the inca) and will constantly lose hp on their units from moving them near
-The dzong don't seem to get the increased yields from founder beliefs(no +5 science from revelation etc) and they also don't seem to count as holy sites for the holy land reformation belief
-I can't see the usual expected damage dealt/received window when attacking with the dob-dob, making them hard to use for combat.

Thank you for your feedback.
-Explosive early game if you have some mountains around your capital. First tech animal husbandry and making a worker before shrine or monument is really good for getting those yak pastures out, the yields are very strong early. Possibly too strong, might have to move the pastures down the tech tree a bit or something.
I may move the Yak pasture to Classical era so the yield would not kick almost immediately.
-The dzong don't seem to get the increased yields from founder beliefs(no +5 science from revelation etc) and they also don't seem to count as holy sites for the holy land reformation belief
I checked the code and it seems the link between founder beliefs and Holy Sites is hardcoded. I have to open an issue ticket on github to ask and check how to solve it.
EDIT: It turns it's not hardcoded, I just forgot to link the beliefs to the Dzong. I will release an update with the fix asap.
-I can't see the usual expected damage dealt/received window when attacking with the dob-dob, making them hard to use for combat.
This is another weirdness I am going to look at. The reason for it at first glance may be because it's a unit whose :c5strength: CS changes with eras, but may be something else.

Last edited:
Update online.

Changelog:
- Yak Pasture moved to Masonry tech in Classical era.
- Dzong now receive bonus yields from founder beliefs and Holy Land reformation belief.

Thank you for the Civ.

I think the 20% conversion on the temple is too high. The rate can be 10% or even 5% and the building would still be incredibly powerful.

Ok Kumbum nerfed.

Changelog:
- yield from purchases decreased from 20% to 10%.

Update online.
Fixed missing battle preview for Dob-Dob.
Spoiler pic :
Screenshot_7.png

Very cool civ. Thanks for making this available! I tried it out together with the new devotion and religious victory. Unfortunately, it is extremely broken when taking those mods, but I had fun stomping too. I played it pre nerfs and can definitely get behind those already made.

The Dzong is insanely bonkers to count for religious victory at a normal rate. I suggest at the very least halving it in terms of bringing down the spread percentage. I could bring down my "need to spread" percentage to 25% from 100% and I wasn't even in atomic era yet. Great generals are a lot easier to get than Great Prophets, since they can be both bought through faith and potentially obtained through battle. You can basically get more than twice the amount of holy sites you would normally get.

The great general points + faith on city is also too much and you could lose either one probably. It was easy for me to run some city state quests and get an early Dzong to skyrocket my early faith levels and dominate the religion game.

The Dzong unfortunately is not compatible with unique city state bonuses, which would be a nice addition. I could also ask in that mod thread if it'd be more on their side?

I missed the unique peace/war music that some other custom civs have, but the yak was very cool and there was very unique cool bonuses in being able to delete other missionaries for faith for instance. FINALLY CAPTURING OTHER MISSIONARIES IS NOT USELESS! I'd almost want to make that a standard inquisitor action or something. I mostly avoided the dob-dob except for the garrison bonus, because of the combat screen weirdness which was still in my version, so I can't comment so much on them otherwise.

Probably I will need to cap the number of holy sites that can be counted to like 10 (30% atm).

Do you remember how early you got the Dzong? Perhaps we could do a tech unlock at Engineering or similar to stop outlier events like that.

Probably I will need to cap the number of holy sites that can be counted to like 10 (30% atm).

Do you remember how early you got the Dzong? Perhaps we could do a tech unlock at Engineering or similar to stop outlier events like that.
That would be less enjoyable than reducing the scaling, but understandable nonetheless. If players are able to churn so many great prophets/generals then it could be rewarded. I did try to rush wonders that gave them for instance.

I don't remember unfortunately and don't have any save games to give an indication. Weirdly, I did notice that I got +2 general points after settling my starting city instead of +1? Maybe it's bugged somehow? I downloaded the latest version to test this.

I don't think a cap should be added - a general victory condition shouldn't be balanced around a Civ, it should be the other way around.

I don't think a cap should be added - a general victory condition shouldn't be balanced around a Civ, it should be the other way around.
Except when the victory condition is an optional additional component and not part of the main mod.

I've always enjoyed using your leader mod.

I played the other day and discovered a few things that bothered me.
(Played with Ver.3)

1. For some reason, the Floating Garden were built.
(The one in the capital disappeared without my knowledge in a later era.)
2. Faith and Great General points were displayed in cities other than my own.
3. Yak Pasture could also be built in Natural Wonders.
(Sri Pada/Krakatoa could be built.)

I've installed the following mods, so this may be the cause.
(ui) List Enhancements for VP
(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP
InGame Editor+ (but not used)
More Unique Components for VP
Really Advanced Setup
Squads for VP
UI - City Religions
UI - Enhanced Demographics
UI - National Wonder Splash Screens
UI - Notify Exit Resistance
UI - Overlay Barbarians
UI - Overlay Resources
UI - Overlay Unimproved Tiles
UI - Project Splash Screens
UI - Summary Antiquities

Since automatic translation is used, some expressions may be incorrect.
I apologize in advance.

Attachments

• floating.jpg
    floating.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • points.jpg
    points.jpg
    936.7 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom