To patch, or not to patch.....

I think I will remove it after the little test I conducted on warlord last evening.
What I would do is play the majority of the game with 1.16f, and when I hit modern age, I apply the patch so I can benefit from the stacked movement and pollution work for my late wars ! :D

loki

First rule of science: If you want to find out how things work, don't change more than one variable at a time until you know what's going on...

The hell with science - I re-installed Civ3, applied patch 1.17f, then loaded Plutarck's "LWC erp5" mod instead of the default BIC for my first post-patch game.

Amazingly, the patch and the mod seemed to work pretty well together, although I wasn't rigorously testing every aspect. For once the game really flowed - almost like Civ 2 used to. Of course I'm not sure if this was due to LWC or the new patch, but hey, it's nice for a change to have a game of Civ 3 which didn't degenerate into a...well, you know what the end-game is like, and I don't want to get jumped on for daring to criticize.

One civ3.exe crash late in the game, but replayed from the autosave (God bless it) and suffered no further crashes.

I think Patch 1.17f is worth a try. And if you don't like it, you can always re-apply 1.16f, so I can't see what the risk is really.

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
I've been using patch 1.17f now for two days without problems :) and I played for a good 12 hours in that time!

kittenOFchaos ,{...} but I've seen both of your names in several threads throughout the entire forum.

Funny so have I,must have been a different kittenOFchaos moaning about the patch on other threads. :cool:

Top Bottom