To Russia Without Love - Msav Capital Plan

Chieftess said:
You're also talking about potentially losing a lot of troops on foreign soil. Under a democracy, this raises War Wariness bigtime. I did this a few times in games as a democracy, and unexpectedly (without any unhappiness) went into anarchy.

Imagine the cries for a CC if that happens...

That bring's up a good point. CIA is not going to finance any actions that's going to throw away our troops for an objective we're not going to keep and that will raise wear weariness.

amagine the moral effects, they think we are beat, we d-day one coast to take their citys and liberate our city. on the same turn as d-day we burn down moscow, plus china will be crushing them on every front

Nobody said:
amagine the moral effects, they think we are beat, we d-day one coast to take their citys and liberate our city. on the same turn as d-day we burn down moscow, plus china will be crushing them on every front

Imagine the morale effects on our citizens when they've learned that their sons were just sent into one of the most heavily fortified places in Russia, fought an uphill battle losing many men in the process, and then to have us give back the city or lose it in a counterattack.

That bring's up a good point. CIA is not going to finance any actions that's going to throw away our troops for an objective we're not going to keep and that will raise wear weariness.

Fair enough, for you alone Blackheart, I will scrap this plan. But you are now making Domestic decide on military strategy, as a vetoing power, is that so?

Provolution said:
Fair enough, for you alone Blackheart, I will scrap this plan. But you are now making Domestic decide on military strategy, as a vetoing power, is that so?

Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

-- Ravensfire

Provolution said:

You can continue with this plan if you want, but it will not be supported by the CIA. The CIA has no direct authority over the MSAV, so we cannot decide what you do.

I believe for symbolistic and moralistic reasons we should prepare a expediant force in attempting to liberaste our city it is in agreement that we cant hold the city wuth the Russian forces that willl be launching a attack thus we must do what the Bristish did in the Falklands War and liberate it from the conquerers and limit the fighting around the Russian occuppied zones of control of our city

Ali, I am afraid the Russians will come for us, with ship. Bu at least that will silence the Peaceniks, and by that time we got some nice toys to play with, and this time I will finish the job and eradicate the Russians.

Im sure our battle fleet is due for a increase we can defeat the russians by sea easy

ali said:
Im sure our battle fleet is due for a increase we can defeat the russians by sea easy

Modern troops are needed first, unless we want to waste turns building useless Ironclads.

We got 21 Ironclads, and we wait for a modern navy.
WE can handle any naval war right now.

Provolution said:
We got 21 Ironclads, and we wait for a modern navy.
WE can handle any naval war right now.

IIRC, I don't think ironclads upgrade in vanilla Civ3. We also have a huge coastal border, of which we should use our ironclads (and in the future) as a sentry net.

Chieftess said:
IIRC, I don't think ironclads upgrade in vanilla Civ3. We also have a huge coastal border, of which we should use our ironclads (and in the future) as a sentry net.

They don't upgrade, theres really only 2 ways for anyone to attack us by sea, east or west.

Top Bottom