Tolkien's Middle-Earth Modpack

Welcome back, Eclipse.

I have just found your Middle Earth mod and i am very excited to play and see just what changes you have made, buuuut.. i havent had the chance yet bc when i start civ3 nothing happens.
Heres what ive got so far...

*i have a brand new copy of civ3. v1.29 - does this make a difference?

*i have renamed my text, art and civ3mod files/folders and left them in the "Cilvilization III" main folder and let the installation process just add its own new Art/Text and civ3mod files. Should i move them somewhere else?

Im a big lotr fan and am very anxious of any news about a final release. Good work with the art so far and good luck in finnishing it!

:)

ok, i figured out why nothing was happening...

you cant just rename the folders art, text and civ3mod and then load up the game, you have to actually back them up and leave the correct ones in there so that the installer can build off of the original files...
that said,
im getting the problem that whitenight was getting way earlier in this thread, i start up the new game and it gets to about 21%, theres a blank dialoug box with an X and once i click it, the program shuts down.
=a bummer

i dont know if this is bc of having 1.29 and not 1.21, but if so, no worries, im sure the final beta version of this will be working with 1.29... right?

:confused:

patiently waiting

BTW, the two towers was a great great movie, i recommend it early and often
:)

the editor in v1.29 is very much better than previous versions i have seen and hopefully it should give you everything you'd need to juice up this scenario/mod.

btw, maybe the double your pleasure mod could help you out? these guys did all kinds of work with new resources for more in depth gameplay. maybe worth a look

(pretend dyp link posted here) - sorry, maybe just search the forum for "double your pleasure mod"

anyways, happy civing

Sebsage,

I'm stating the obvious here, but why not save it on a CDR and see if there are parts that can be added/improved to this mod?

I've been adding units to the PtW mods and have been trying to figure out how to deal with duplicate sound files. If you have found sounds that might be useful, post them and let us know.

And keep up the good work. You could always convert it all to a PtW .bix...

D.

Hello!

Before I start, I just wanted to say, nice mod eclipse. I love all the units.

I was working on playtesting a ME map that I had made and I ran across several bugs. The game crashed to the desktop when I tried to change production to a hobbit spearman, without leaving any message. Also, you cannot generate leaders, as there is a problem (according to the popup) with leader.ini. Just several little things that need a little work.

RRnut

Hello!

Before I start, I just wanted to say, nice mod eclipse. I love all the units.

I was working on playtesting a ME map that I had made and I ran across several bugs. The game crashed to the desktop when I tried to change production to a hobbit spearman, without leaving any message. Also, you cannot generate leaders, as there is a problem (according to the popup) with leader.ini. Just several little things that need a little work.

RRnut

Is it possible to get this mod as a zip of the files RATHER than a compressed executable file (that installs all over civ3 even if you "execute" it into a different folder, GRR!).

People with Play the World can easily use their scenarios folder to contain "modified" art for mods/scenarios without needing to copy over anything.

It would be much appreciated, thanks!

Will this mod work for PTW version 1.14

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
Is it possible to get this mod as a zip of the files RATHER than a compressed executable file (that installs all over civ3 even if you "execute" it into a different folder, GRR!).
\

Yes, for those of us with PTW can you make a zip file(or multple zip files) so we can just put it in the "scenarios" folder

If you need help making a zip file or even an auto extractor...or both, I could either do it for you or walk you through it so you know how it is done.

The zips/auto extractors I made for the Balancer were done with winrar, which has a much better compression ratio then zip, but isn't as widely used. That is the reason the later versions of the Balancer were EXEs, because I wanted it to have the compression of a rar but also have anyone able to use it. Let me know if you are interested.

Top Bottom