Tom Clancy scenarios

Wasn't it Grothgar?

Ok, here's the update. I skimpted on testing because IMHO it simply wouldn't have been worth it, as this scenario is pretty primitive by modern standards. If anyone finds any major problems let me know, and I'll fix them.

Well, that was quick! Thanks...

This is a great update that really does well to capture some of the features of the novel. The events work very nicely.

Just a few thoughts on further future improvements/versions of this idea:
1.) Change the map to give more of the US, a wider Atlantic, a more northerly outlook, and less of the Far East and Pakistan. An easterly cutoff of just after the Caspian is a thought. This may also allow the enlargement of the Central European Plain.
2.) Make the more modern Warsaw Pact Equipment harder or impossible to produce after the opening stages, to mirror their resource problems, their tenuous fuel supply, and also the plethora of Class B and C Divisions.
3.) Give spy satellites the ability to look into cities, but no other spy abilities, in the manner discussed in a thread on the topic recently.

A wider Atlantic will lead to more of a clash between Soviet Naval Aviation (ensure they are used navally by giving them submarine ability, perhaps) and Submarine Forces on one side, and the convoy defences on the other.

The episode of taking out the Soviet Backfire airbases could be simulated by creating an Airbase unit, and giving hints to take it down with Tomahawks.

The Rhine could also be a barrier that needs bridging, and Bridge Units could be scarce.

These are just a few ideas I had floating around for this scenario, until I found out that you chaps had done the job first!:goodjob:

The map was the thing I liked least about this scenario. It would be a relativly simple job for someone to make a great scenario based on this book using a better map, and perhaps an improved tech tree.

I've been considering tackling a Debt of Honor scenario for a while now. That one's always been my favorite Clancy book (and man, does the ending look prophetic now...).

If I don't do that, I might use it as a base for a New World Order scenario of sort. I don't know. I have a few ideas along those line that I want to think about. I'll let you know if/when I do make it, but if you have any ideas you want to throw around, please do!

Top Bottom