Tommynt vs World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just giving my opinion.

Ok, now on topic: I'm interested in seeing some of these games. What's your youtube channel?

Civ community is pretty unique. Most people like the feel of going through the ages as certain civ, roleplay, imagine, some thing like this. They dont treat civ seriously

Just about all civ players take the game seriously on an emotional level. Civ is a high ego game - I mean playing for hours on end, no monetary gain, trying to take over the world! I also know people who play civ in real life - egomaniacs!!!:crazyeye:

For many players, the amount of work exceeds the amount of fun to go the extra mile and do number crunching, so they don't do it to keep the game fun for themselves. Which is not an issue, if the game is not fun people will stop playing. But just like in other competitive games, the defense mechanism "I just play for fun" rears its head when players lose and they are annoyed by other players who do lots of extra homework to get that extra edge.

I have played against him with my friend. Easy like a pie. Could win him solo without problems.

Sou1_Taker, did you play him in a duel?

I haven't seen you on the teamer circuit - have you played with the league/former league players?

Thanks!

Sou1_Taker, did you play him in a duel?

game took like 25 turns till winnder was obvious and maybe 10-15 more till it ended ,,,

still looking for takkers btw, be it 2 experienced ones who might win or 2 or 3 less experienced ones who can learn bit stuff - it will allways be interesting games ...

The good players are still out there. The steam sales just bring in a ton of ultra noobs and people who would normally be playing FPS with no strategic experience. Steam has made the game more main stream thus diluting the pool of players. The good players still exist, you just have to wade through the sea of steam nooblets to find them.

I remember a time when tommynt went undefeated for like months and then the AwesoMe beat up on him. I'm back in civ and ready to give it another try message me whenever Tommynt lets do the dang thing! :)

giving this a bump

looking for "good" players for 2vs1 or "I watched LP video, now let me pawn mp" lvl players for 3vs1 or 4vs1.

As I am a nice guy i will give some advice how to improve after game, if wanted

Cant understand how u can win vs 2 reasonable ppl in team since you should loose science so hard.

2 guys tech only about 1,33 as fast as one.
Dont know exact formula but just have a look into teamer - in a 2-2 potery takes about 5 turns in a duel 7t

the major problem since bnw is gold - 2 guys can upkeep same size of army way more easy as one.

In G+K I was pretty confident to win against any team of 2 (when not doing some mistake myself) - when they are not part of top 10 or maybe top 20 "elite" players - now its more of a challenge.

i could be interested if i get my friend to join
a few question:

-what expansion? my friend doesnt have them, would be ok to play vanilla in case?
-settings? as the reigning champion do you allow us to decide the game settings as we like :D ?

I'll play you 1v1 if you'd like. I'm rather good at duels too.

Smote, what is your handle on Steam?

I used to play several league games a week a while back, but it has dried up. All of the teamers I play are not league games, but played league-style (skirmish, no barbs no ruins no CS.) It is the same group of players (some league, some not league) - I would like to increase this group of players, so if you can play a skirmish duel well enough, perhaps you can enter our circle.

When we have 5/6 sometimes we will take a chance and invite somebody new, but the problem is that if they are not used to this style of play and they are on the front line, they will cause the team to lose.

Smote, what is your handle on Steam?

I used to play several league games a week a while back, but it has dried up. All of the teamers I play are not league games, but played league-style (skirmish, no barbs no ruins no CS.) It is the same group of players (some league, some not league) - I would like to increase this group of players, so if you can play a skirmish duel well enough, perhaps you can enter our circle.

When we have 5/6 sometimes we will take a chance and invite somebody new, but the problem is that if they are not used to this style of play and they are on the front line, they will cause the team to lose.

Do you tend to play in real time or over GMR? How long are the games and what TZ do most of you tend to be in/play in?

Depending on the details, I'd be somewhat interested in some league-style play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom