Tom's Unit Factory

Bigfoot / Sasquatch (unit conversion and recolouration)

Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is an alleged ape-like creature purportedly inhabiting forests, mainly in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. Bigfoot is usually described as a large, hairy, bipedal humanoid.

No Civ Colors.

BigfootPreview.gif Bigfoot-Pedia.jpg

Download here... Bigfoot.rar

Unit32, Large and Small pcx, and Sound Files included.

Tom

Ogre (Improved Version) (unit conversion)

*** On 12-12-09, the Improved conversion of the Ogre was uploaded. It looks much better than the previous version. Original version removed after 49 downloads.

Ogres are big, ugly, greedy humanoids that live by ambushes, raids, and theft. Ill-tempered and nasty, these monsters are often found serving as mercenaries in the ranks of orc tribes, evil clerics, or gnolls. They mingle freely with giants and trolls.

No Civ Colors.

Old version for comparison:
Ogre-OLD.gif

Download here... Ogre.rar

Tom

Attachments

• Ogre.gif
    Ogre.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 2,045
Things to come...

Hopefully, if all goes well, I can start converting some units such as below (this one is already converted, but I still need to size down and test in game). These will take a bit longer than the ones I was doing previously (still doing :)), but they have a huge amount of animations, and shadows as well (Close to 300 frames for all FLC's, and has more FLC's than can be used, 3 Attacks, Default, Run, Victory, Fidget, and about 3 others).

The .gif is about 900KB, so I put it in the spoiler, as to not slow down the page loading.

:devil: :devil: :devil: Hellish Demon of Unrelenting Torment :devil: :devil: :devil:
Spoiler :

Tom

That daemon is seriously awesome! Can't wait to see him and other's like him. I think you should keep him as big as possible within the Civ 3 limits.

Full size like this?

Demon.jpg

As can be seen he is not standing where the circle is. The images at 240x240 can not have their offsets in the negative to bring him up anymore. So I would have to shrink him just enough so he stands in correct spot. But I will make a smaller version also.

Tom

Full size like this?

View attachment 230823

As can be seen he is not standing where the circle is. The images at 240x240 can not have their offsets in the negative to bring him up anymore. So I would have to shrink him just enough so he stands in correct spot. But I will make a smaller version also.

Tom

Yes, although he looks very cool that size I guess it'll have to be shrunk enough to fit in the circle. Both big a small versions will be greatly aprreciated.

Now that I've finished putting together my Wood Elf Buildings Pack (see my signature) and with the speed you are producing these units Tom, I think it's high time I did some serious work on my fantasy Mod. Hard to find the time at the moment though because I doing an online TESOL course which requires a fair bit of my spare time.

Keep up the good work! It's very much appreciated!

Nick

Demon Of Torment (Large) (unit conversion)

Demons at all time feel a compulsion to kill, stronger demons usually hunting the inferior ones. They consider themselves to be superior to the human race, and view humanity as 'a stain on the universe'. For this reason, they appear to take particular pleasure in killing humans, often leaving other demons alone when faced with the oppurtunity to hunt mortal prey.

No Civ Colors. Has AttackA, AttackB, AttackC, Default, Run, Fidget, Fortify, and Victory animations.

Although the file size is close to 5MB, this unit is seriously cool looking in-game and I recommend checking it out! Medium and Small Versions of this unit are on the way...

Demon190x190.gif Demon-Pedia.jpg Demon190x190.jpg

Download here... DemonOfTorment190x190.rar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demon Of Torment (Medium) (unit conversion)

Demons at all time feel a compulsion to kill, stronger demons usually hunting the inferior ones. They consider themselves to be superior to the human race, and view humanity as 'a stain on the universe'. For this reason, they appear to take particular pleasure in killing humans, often leaving other demons alone when faced with the oppurtunity to hunt mortal prey.

No Civ Colors. Has AttackA, AttackB, AttackC, Default, Run, Fidget, Fortify, and Victory animations.

Demon190x190.gif Demon-Pedia.jpg DemonTormentMedium.jpg

Download here... DemonOfTorment145x145.rar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demon Of Torment (Small) (unit conversion)

Demon190x190.gif Demon-Pedia.jpg

Download here... DemonOfTorment105x105.rar

Tom

re the lady: what about "Dangerous Beauty"?

re the daemon: definitely useable for at least one of the rakshasa units I've requested in a few different places.

Dangerous Beauty is not bad at all... Beats 'Harlot' I suppose! Now I just need to go back and change the name (it's like reaching for the remote control, I don't want to, but I must force myself). :crazyeye:

bigdog5994 said:
awesome we needed a good small demon for a while

A small (and medium) version is on the way, this one fills the screen :)

nick0515 said:
Yes, although he looks very cool that size I guess it'll have to be shrunk enough to fit in the circle. Both big a small versions will be greatly aprreciated.

Now that I've finished putting together my Wood Elf Buildings Pack (see my signature) and with the speed you are producing these units Tom, I think it's high time I did some serious work on my fantasy Mod.

Luckily, the Demon only had to be shrunk a small amount, I didn't expect to get him done this quick to put up, but it was much easier getting the final details completed than I expected.
Your Wood Elf Buildings look terrific! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Tom

Hey Tom.. again really great units. But again I would have a request.. this time for another resizing. I think many of us would have a great use for that Ogre in a normal human size. At least I would.

This has got to be the most beautiful and detailed unit creation in the history of Civ3. Well done. Wish I could get some tanks and aircraft with as stunning detail as your demon.

Well done Tom he still looks big and scarey and totally awesome! Can't wait to use him. Ten Points for getting him done so quick! 'Unit Factory' is definitely an apt name for this thread. You're a machine Tom.

Thanks for your kind words... Once HoMM3 is released, I will have a horde more units (recolourations and the such) to put up, as well as all a host of other Civ3 graphics.

AncientOne said:
Hey Tom.. again really great units. But again I would have a request.. this time for another resizing. I think many of us would have a great use for that Ogre in a normal human size. At least I would.

Not a problem, I will get around to it when I can. To everyone, if there is any critisicm of any unit of things I may have missed (such as a unit being too large, sounds not playing correctly with animations, etc) please let me know, so I can put up a corrected file.

I may miss things when going through the whole conversion process, since in order to get them done, I have to try to work with speed, and hence do not spend a great amount of time viewing the actual finished unit.

Moff Jerjerrod said:
This has got to be the most beautiful and detailed unit creation in the history of Civ3. Well done. Wish I could get some tanks and aircraft with as stunning detail as your demon.

Thank You, But just to make it clear, this was a unit conversion, I did not actually make the unit or animate it. Although I stated it on the first page, and I have it stated on the downloads section, it seems I forgot to C&P the text to these pages (so I am adding it now :cool:).

Tom

These are some fantastic units you're putting out. I'm definately getting alot of inspiration to finish a fantasy mod I've had kicking around for awhile now. Hope you create some more ladies in the future. I need to fill the ranks of my Amazon Civ. :D

Thank you... It's been a couple days since I've put another out... the reason being, I'm re-familiarizing myself wth 3ds Max (only some very very basics, I need to get the shadow right), since I have a new conversion process down, which will bring another huge amount of new units (several hundred) on top of the 300 or so I still have to do right now. I don't want to spend a whole lot of time trying to figure out the best way to make the magnenta shadow in 3ds Max, but will play around with it some more to try to get it right.

Tom

Thank you... It's been a couple days since I've put another out... the reason being, I'm re-familiarizing myself wth 3ds Max (only some very very basics, I need to get the shadow right), since I have a new conversion process down, which will bring another huge amount of new units (several hundred) on top of the 300 or so I still have to do right now. I don't want to spend a whole lot of time trying to figure out the best way to make the magnenta shadow in 3ds Max, but will play around with it some more to try to get it right.

Tom

So are the 300 units to do right now from the site I told you about? Where are the other several hundred coming from?

500+ new fantasy units. That is staggering Tom. With that many units to choose from it will be possible for many fantasy scenarios to be made with widely varying units as apposed to the current situation where any fantasy mod would have ot rely heavily on the units made for WH 2.5

Awesome!

So are the 300 units to do right now from the site I told you about? Where are the other several hundred coming from?

500+ new fantasy units. That is staggering Tom. With that many units to choose from it will be possible for many fantasy scenarios to be made with widely varying units as apposed to the current situation where any fantasy mod would have ot rely heavily on the units made for WH 2.5

Awesome!

Yes, the site you referred me to has over 350 total I think. There are about 300+ still zipped on my HD, although this number is somewhat exagerated, since many of these are cases of the same creature with different weapons, or different colors; so actually it's more around 180-200.

The others are from Bioware Games as well, and have been converted already to other games such as D2, but only a very few have (about 8-9 that I could find, which the above Demon is one of them), because to do so is a very monotonous process, although not very difficult. I will have to look into NWN2, because I think there are problems there, but NWN should also go very quickly once I get the process down.

The 200 may not be that high, since many are animals and such, and NPC's can't be used due to lack of animations; but still a good amount to work with.

Tom

Top Bottom