• 16-20

Votes: 719 20.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 1,192 33.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 739 20.9%
  • 41+

Votes: 424 12.0%
  • been playng so long that I've lost track of my age!!

Votes: 66 1.9%

• Total voters
-George Bernard Shaw said 'you don't stop playing cos you get old, you get old cos you stop playing!' :D

/salute all the over-30's that play

:goodjob:

I havn't read all of the pages of this thread so I'm not sure if a youngest player has been established yet. Although I'm 14 now I have been playing civ fro app. 10 years and learnt to read playing civ 1. That puts be at about 4 when I started. Since then I have continualy been playing 'The Civs'. An annoying thing about being only 14 and playing a game mostly played by older people is that only 3 people in my entire grade of about 250 play civ! Thats me and 2 people I have shown 'The Way'.

Don't worry about classmates not playing Civ with ya. You're home now, where you belong. . .(cue the Blind Mellon No Rain video. . .)

4 is certainly young. We have some die hard 10 year olds that play here. I know a couple others started in their 6-10 year old range. . .

At least you've shown two other people the joys of Civ. Who knows, perhaps more will see the light.

Maybe...although something about me is that every time the subject of games in general comes up I slip civ 3 into the converstion. This over time has resulted in my friends groaning whenever I mention it! I keep going though as I know that if only I could get them to try it themselves and get past the 'Argggh!!!! its a turnbased game and not CS' they just might fall in love with it...

Maybe a dash of disbelief and a touch of reverse psychology to go with it?

Don't bring up Civ anymore when they play. When they finally do mention it, tell them that you don't think they'd be any good at it anyways. Tell them to go with the simpler, easier games, and see if they take the bait. . .

Yeah, I try this to a certain extent when I talk to either of the 2 I have converted in the we talk about (with raised voices) how small minded they all must be. I coult try more often though..,

LOL @ Rallonian
Just keep us posted of your results...

I wonder how many voted for 21-30, and are now over 30...
Same applies for other sets... ;)

Good work Rallonian !

By the way, have you ever played against your friends ?
Who knows, maybe they'll find it easier against the computer than someone who's been playing for years ! :D

Of course, don't disgust them from Civ. ;)

Wait a minute!

CFC requires an age of thirteen or older, right? And you have to be a registered user to vote? So they people that voted ten and younger could theortically get banned, right, because they admitted they were under thirteen?

LOL nice work! But are you realy that meen as to discourage the only 10 year olds in the world with some sanity? These people probably use these forums as there only link to the outside world of chorusing '1+1 is 2' ten times a day with their other 3 foot friends. Cummon! although they are ten, a civfanatic is a civfanatic right?

There is a seperate registration form for those under 13. While I didn't actually go to it, I'm sure your good friend COPPA will show up, HB. . .

Hmm yeah, forgot about the separate regristration form.

An old friend of mine still comments that he regrets ever giving me a copy of Civ1. Been hooked ever since. My game playing got so bad that it came up in marriage counseling. Really. It's definitely an addiction to be managed, but it is a good addiction. I predict that Civ will become as classic as chess. It requires thought, strategy, planning, and a little luck. It stimulates my insights into history, civs, geography, and their interaction. I've pored over more atlases and history books trying to improve scenarios than I did in college, and that's saying a lot. The game inspires me to read more, so I don't mind the AI taking its time to cycle through 31 civs. I read Gibbons or Patrick Davies or other historians while I wait. Yes, actually, it's a healthy addiction.
BTW, I'm 37 years young.

Originally posted by Maccabee
An old friend of mine still comments that he regrets ever giving me a copy of Civ1. Been hooked ever since. My game playing got so bad that it came up in marriage counseling. Really.

Well at least your wife knows that if you call out another womans name whilst asleep then your just dreaming of Joan, Lizzy or Cleo ;)

Originally posted by Sir Eric

Well at least your wife knows that if you call out another womans name whilst asleep then your just dreaming of Joan, Lizzy or Cleo ;)

...unless wispering 'Cathy' whilst asleep.:D
(something wrong then)

Yeah, what makes it even worse though is that I'm pretty sure there are a few I don't even know about that do play civ...Its only ever by pure luck though that you find out as its not like your about to go out and ask everyone individualy...The few people that do play though all seem to strugle on walord so you can't have very indepth discussions with them.

Top Bottom