• 16-20

Votes: 719 20.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 1,192 33.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 739 20.9%
  • 41+

Votes: 424 12.0%
  • been playng so long that I've lost track of my age!!

Votes: 66 1.9%

• Total voters
I've been playing so long I remember when this thread started...

As a matter of fact, this thread started the day I first came to Civ Fanatics... I remember only because that's the first topic that was up there when I first came to the forum

I'm 14 years old, soon to be 15. I haven't even been playing Civilization III for a year, but I love it. I went through heck trying to get the game to work... I paid $40.00 for it... Then, I tried to install it, and it wouldn't work because my monitor wouldn't work... So, I went and bought a new monitor. Then, it still wouldn't work. So, I completely restored my computer, and then it finally worked.

no wonder i always look stupid in the off topic debates, i'm 10-20 years younger than most of the people here:)

Originally posted by tctatheel7
no wonder i always look stupid in the off topic debates, i'm 10-20 years younger than most of the people here:)

This constellation will pass away faster than you thought it was possible. ;)

I'm 16, and as such seem to fall into the lower half of the age limit for Civilization III players. Which may explain why I'm so bad at it...haven't got the practical experience with Earth-shattering multi-millenium warfare that the rest of you folks have. :p

Ah, well. That'll come in time. Unless it doesn't.

Though I did understand the Jethro Tull reference back on the first page of this thing, so what does that mean?

I'm 15 so I'm one of the younger groups that play Civ. I'm still new to it though and not very good. :)

Originally posted by k-girl
I'm 15 so I'm one of the younger groups that play Civ. I'm still new to it though and not very good. :)

wow its so rare to see anyone younger than 25 here ive only seen around 20-30, but youll get better at civ, its easy to learn, hard too master.

I'm 15 too!! I love the game a lot! It is so challenging and time consuming in a wonderful way. :D It seems more guys play Civ III than girls. Where are all my ladies at that love Civ III? :cool:

Superevie

one says gals don't play they just dream of the One, other says that gals play but they ain't playin' the same stuff boyz play! So what? keep on trying to be the best whatever you are, boy or girl, young or old and conquer the world until you 'll win all games at the deity level. Then you'll just have to wait for the next sequel of Civ and/or try to be actually elected as a President!
Ask yourself did WJC or GWB ever tried to play Civ? I'll bet no...

Originally posted by BobTheTerrible
I too am 15, and awaiting a gal who will play hotseat with me!

wow, how should i take that? ;)

Originally posted by Woody
I have noticed that in several of games that I play the "hardcore" crowd that play the game for months are usually older people. The younger players tend to play a game for a week or two and then move on to newer stuff. I even know of racing team NKA (No KIds Allowed) that only has members that are mature (at least in action if not age) and have been playing the game for more than a few weeks. So I think it is very common for long term players/supporters of games to be older than the average gamer.

PS My age is 37, and I am a proud member of team NKA
:nuke: Thats not fair, Just because were kids dosn't mean we move on to newer stuff after a couple of weeks. Im 12 and ive been playing civ scince i was about 9 yrs old. Of course that just maybe me. All my friends like stuff that is real time and you have to blow the head of the enemy off.

I think this thread should be thought of as "Too Old To Post To" ;)

Top Bottom