1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Total Mod (Alpha)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by blazekid87, Nov 11, 2010.

1. TowerWizard

TowerWizard Warlord

All of you who have problems and cannot undersnat the solution proposed by Ezlazeme, probably because he just blurted out the solution in a hard-to-understand way, this is how to solve the issue with the tech tree showing only Agriculture.

1. Find the file named "Total Mod (ALPHA)(v7).modinfo". This was situated in the folder path c:\users\[your name]\Documents\My games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\MODS\Total Mod (ALPHA)(v7).
    2. Open it with wordpad or some similar program.
    3. Find the line <File md5="B98B21C5B659ACABF5BA905C8AC0F126" import="1">LUA/TechButtonInclude.lua</File>
    4. Change it to <File md5="B98B21C5B659ACABF5BA905C8AC0F126" import="0">LUA/TechButtonInclude.lua</File>
    5. Save changes.
    6. Play the game.

I have another problem. Since the cities cannot produce something without research, and you cannot research without cities, and you cannot end turn without your cities producing something, i cannot end the turn. No, enter+shift does not work.

Is this mod playable at all?

2. Pluxx

Pluxx Chieftain

I've been playing this mod for months. Work perfectly when this tweak is done (at least I think this was the only change I had to make).

3. polishmiller96

polishmiller96 Chieftain

hi, I just installed this mod now, but i have a weird issue. I started a civ (american) but as soon as the agriculture tech is completed i cannot chose another tech, and my game is stuck. I would appreciate it if someone could help out.

4. polishmiller96

polishmiller96 Chieftain

oh sorry I didnt see the solution above, sorry

5. Catalonia

Catalonia Warlord

Hello, all the ships are sink. Why?

6. MadHaTr

MadHaTr Chieftain

Hi, I think this mod has great promise and have been enjoying it.

I have one main problem. The game crashes, seemingly randomly. I play with this mod only and it will eventually crash. I reload and play past it but it will crash again in the future. Then it eventually gets to a point in the game where It will crash in the same spot and loading no longer fixes this.

Any Idea? I'm running the newest versions of civ and your mod. No other changes to game. Also i played through two normal civ games to make sure it wasn't civ. It played fine.

If you would like my save files I can see if I still have them.

Thanks!

7. jp_

jp_ Chieftain

I am having the same problem.

Does anybody have a solution?
    Thanks!

8. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

The problem is this:
    <ReloadLandmarkSystem>1</ReloadLandmarkSystem>
    <ReloadStrategicViewSystem>1</ReloadStrategicViewSystem>
    <ReloadUnitSystem>1</ReloadUnitSystem>

The mod need a rebuild with this settings
    <ReloadLandmarkSystem>0</ReloadLandmarkSystem>
    <ReloadStrategicViewSystem>0</ReloadStrategicViewSystem>
    <ReloadUnitSystem>0</ReloadUnitSystem>.

The bug is known and discussed in the forums.

9. damu

damu Chieftain

used the solution in post above, did not solve the problem. the game still crashes at certain turn, and nothing helps. Any new suggestions?

10. Wadeyboy

Wadeyboy Chieftain

Tried to play this mod thru Steam but it wouldn't load. I was really disappointed because it looks like it will be a great mod

11. engine85

engine85 Chieftain

Sooo much potential, but its clearly not gonna be finished, no patches/updates for ages, it simply needs taking down to stop people wasting they're time spending several days trying to get a flawed mod working that simply has toooo many bugs and constant CTD's

Shame Really :sad:

12. surrealbx

surrealbx Chieftain

Did it,

Did the resource thing,

Still got a bugged tech tree :l

13. yashasvi2

yashasvi2 Chieftain

This didnt solve the problem for me.

14. wrobinett1

wrobinett1 Chieftain

So is this mod G&K compatible? Because it doesn't seem to work as I get no tech tree. And I've already tried the .modinfo file fix and it's not working either.

15. Exzon

Exzon Chieftain

I have downloaded this mod and copied the "Resources" folder into the Civ 5 folder. However, launching the game and trying to play it doesn't work: Whenever I found a city, the tech tree screen has no techs and can only be closed with the escape button. Does anybody know how to fix this?

16. kjpg

kjpg Chieftain

Installed v7 (I think correctly), playing BNW. Game starts but there are no techs in tech tree and can't proceed. Any advice?

17. Nutty

Nutty Deity