• Military Psychology
  • Genetics
  • Specialized Training
5 New Buildings
  • Google [Wonder] +3 Gold.
  • Hut - +1 Food
  • Airport - +15 XP for Air Units
  • Hangars +15 Production for Air Units
  • Oil Refinery - +2 Gold for Oil Resource Worked on by the city. Can only be built near oil.
24 New Units

<Prehistoric Era>
  • Caveman
<Medieval Era>
  • English Longswordsman***
  • German Longswordsman**
<Renaissancel Era>
  • German Rifleman **
<Industrial Era>
  • American Fighter- P-51 Mustang*
  • American Tank - Sherman *
  • American Battleship - Iowa*
  • English Fighter- Spitfire*
  • English Tank - Cromwell*
  • English Battleship - HMS Hood*
  • French Battleship - Dunkerque*
  • German Fighter- FW190*
  • German Battleship - Bismark*
  • Japanese Tank - Type 97 *
  • Japanese Battleship - Yamato*
  • Roman Fighter- FIAT G55*
  • Roman Battleship - RM Littorio*
  • Russian Fighter- IL-2 Shturmovik*
  • Russian Tank - KV-1*
  • Russian Battleship - Gangut*
<Modern Era>
  • Modern Marines (uses Infantry animations)
  • Russian Modern Armor - T-90****
  • Egyptian, Arabian Modern Armor - T-55 (Desert Camo)*
  • Mongolian Modern Armor - T-55 (Custom Mongol Camo)*
  • Siamese Modern Armor - T55 (Original Camo) *
  • German Modern Armor - Leopard 2****

Supported Languages
  • English
  • French (Translated by: finalben1)
  • Italian (Translated by: Draskar)
  • Spanish (Translated by: Mas2135)
  • Russian (Comming Soon)

Future Features:
-More unique art for units.
-More new techs
-More Future and Digital Era units
-Map Trading
-Ending Era selection when starting new game.
-Random Events

SCREENSHOTS

Tech Tree
Spoiler :

Units

Download V.7 Here

New In Version 7

Version 7

New Buildings:
  • Airport- +15 Exp for new air units built in this city.(Requires Flight Tech)
  • Hangars- +25% production speed for air units in this city. (Requires Flight Tech and Airport)
  • Oil Refinery- +2 Gold for each oil resource worked by this city. Can only be built near Oil. (Requires Petroleum Tech)
-New Units (23 New Units!!)
<Medieval Era>
  • English Longswordsman ***
  • German Longswordsman **
<Renaissancel Era>
  • German Rifleman **
<Industrial Era>
  • American Fighter- P-51 Mustang*
  • American Tank - Sherman *
  • American Battleship - Iowa*
  • English Fighter- Spitfire*
  • English Tank - Cromwell *
  • English Battleship - HMS Hood*
  • French Battleship - Dunkerque*
  • German Fighter- FW190*
  • German Battleship - Bismark*
  • Japanese Tank - Type 97*
  • Japanese Battleship - Yamato*
  • Roman Fighter- FIAT G55*
  • Roman Battleship - RM Littorio*
  • Russian Fighter- IL-2 Shturmovik*
  • Russian Tank - KV-1*
  • Russian Battleship - Gangut*
<Modern Era>
  • Modern Marines (uses Minuteman animations)
  • Russian Modern Armor - T-90****
  • Egyptian, Arabian Modern Armor - T-55*
  • Mongolian Modern Armor - T-55*
  • Siamese Modern Armor - T55 (Original Camo)*
  • German Modern Armor - Leopard 2****

*Thanks to Danrell for the new tank, battleship and fighter models.
**Thanks to Bernie14 for the new German Longswordsman and German Rifleman.
***Thanks to JayTheKiller for the English Longswordsman.
****Thanks to Snafusmith for the models.

Other Changes/Fixes
  • Fixed building cost of Google. (12/12)
  • Oil Well (Requires Biology Tech) (12/12)
  • Large number of tech prereq changes based on tests and new update(12/10)
  • Warriors require stone tools.
  • Start with Caveman.
  • Starting Age is 8000 BC.
  • Increased the amount of Oil per oil resource.
  • Fixed promotion for infantry to marines.
  • Fixed the free techs given to AI on KING, EMPEROR, IMMORTAL and DEITY difficulties (They were previously Ancient Era techs).

Version 6 Changelist
-New Units
Industrial Era
American Infantry
English Infantry
German Infantry
Japanese Infantry
Russian Infantry
Modern Era
Marines
-New Technologies
Cloning
Artificial Intelligence
Conscription
Military Tradition
Military Psychology
Genetics
Specialized Training
-Unit Maintenance Reduced by 25%
-Paratroopers and Marines require Specialized Training to build
-Support For French and Spanish Languages with translations (Thanks to Mas2135 and finalben1)
-Added Map Trading and Ending Era to the UI (Currently not working)
-Disabled new resources and Caveman Unit (Temporary)
-Removed Spanish Civilization

Next Version Preview

Version 8

-New Units (23 New Units!!)
<Industrial Era>
  • Chinese Infantry*
  • French Infantry*
  • Roman Infantry*
  • American Submarine (Gato)*
  • Chinese Submarine (Civ4 Sub)*
  • English Sumbarine (T-Class)*
  • French Submarine (Le Redoutable)*
  • German Submarine (U-Boat)*
  • Japanese Submarine (I-15)*
  • Roman Submarine (Marcello)*
  • Russian Submarine (Shchuka)*
<Modern Era>
  • American Modern Armor (M1A1 Abrams)

Other Changes/Fixes
  • Added support for Russian language.

<<PLUS>>

New Giant Earth Map 191 x 145 (With and without TSL)

Hey there, blazekid87, just noticed this mod for the first time. Might very well give it a whirl. Just one tiny little quibble though-I would actually put "Specialized Tools" between Stone Tools & Mining-as their is very strong historical evidence that humans had specialized tools *before* they were able to cut wood or mine minerals (indeed, it was these specialized tools that gave them these abilities). Just a suggestion though :).

Aussie.

And here I was worried that this mod was dead.
Congrats on the new release, can't wait to try it out.

thanks...I know its been a while, but I have been messing around with trying to make civ5 animations work on custom units. Still not quite there but I decided to go ahead and work on other aspects of the mod in the meantime.

Thanks for your interest.

Hey there, blazekid87, just noticed this mod for the first time. Might very well give it a whirl. Just one tiny little quibble though-I would actually put "Specialized Tools" between Stone Tools & Mining-as their is very strong historical evidence that humans had specialized tools *before* they were able to cut wood or mine minerals (indeed, it was these specialized tools that gave them these abilities). Just a suggestion though :).

Aussie.

What this tech is suppossed to represent is the more sophisticated tools that were able tobe created due to the discovery of bronze. It's probobly just the way I worded it....maybe Bronze Tools would be better?

Blaze...looking over your stuff... specifically the tech tree stuff... Was editing the techtree.lua file the only way to get the prehistoric era to display correctly?

I'm doing my own bit with the neolithic era and it's driving me nuts getting it to display correctly in game... Having to modify the lua for the changes in my tech tree to display correctly... well.. *grumble* :/

Blaze...looking over your stuff... specifically the tech tree stuff... Was editing the techtree.lua file the only way to get the prehistoric era to display correctly?

I'm doing my own bit with the neolithic era and it's driving me nuts getting it to display correctly in game... Having to modify the lua for the changes in my tech tree to display correctly... well.. *grumble* :/

No the tech tree and eras were done entirely in XML. the problem is that the Eras are sorted by their Id number so adding a Era before the ancient age would require you to delete all the Eras and then specifying your newly added era with <ID>0</ID>. You then have to re-add all the eras that you deleted and once again specifying an ID for each in the other they need to appear. (Dont foget this or else the game will crash on load).

The techtree.lua file was only edited to specify the new total number of eras. This was done because whenever I added a new Era, the last one would appear highlighted in blue like it was the current Era. (you can just copy my code and it should work). Hope this makes sense.

Update....sorry for the delay, waiting for the new patch and DLC before releasing. More good things to come with the new patch addressing custom building issues and will hopefully allow us to import our own building models. Stay tuned...the next release date is 12/17. I have updated the patch notes for version 7 to reflect what has already been implemented.

Thanks guys and as always your feedback is appreciated. I would love to hear requests on what you guys would like to see added or changed.

Am having fun with the mods like the changes so far but I think I ran into a bug (unless its just civ 5 related). I just ended my 253rd turn but it wont advance. The past few turns had taken maybe 1-1/2 min to occur (old comp D: and huge map). Anyway I let the game sit for 16 minutes and I still get a please wait message. I can select my units, the move overlay comes up but I cant issue any commands.

Yea i believe thats civ related and going to be addressed in the next patch. Have u saved and loaded the game before?

I guess ive just been lucky in not having issues so far. I tried loading the save game and it didnt load up. Later tonight I'll try loading some earlier autosaves just to see whats going on. I think a civ ended up liberating a city that was both a former city state and a current civs capitol and i read there were some issues there. If I divert some troops I can take it quite easily (im the one who made it their capitol :D)

Just frustrating when its late at night, youve spent hours clawing yourself back into a game after numerous simultaneous DoW's (3 times ive had 3+ DoW's) from the AI while one runs away on tech (modern era when I was in Renaissance) and another in size.

Hi, i very like your mod, i love the spreading of gameconcepts along the tech tree :)

Im Italian, do you want a translation for italians? (you have already a translation for french and german right?). I want start before this mod grows :)

I was able to go back, load an earlier save and take out that city myself and no crash so far.

There is a bug with coal though I'd have to go back and look but at which techs but first I got one tech that gave me coal but didnt show me where it was (already hills with mines or city centers) then I got another tech and it showed me where the coal was.

@Draskar:
If you want to do the translations I have no problem with that. Although I know in the next patch they will be adding a feature that automatically converts the Text to english if there is no translation. But I am sure it would be more interesting for those who speak Italian to actually have all of the text in Italian. I will give u credit if you decide to do this. Thank you.

@}{ELL/\/()
The reason I ask is because whenever you save a game over one that you have previously loaded, there seems to be a memry leak. This is also a bug that is going to be addressed in the next patch. Also when loading a game using different mods than the ones you originally started with may also generate bugs.

yes, i know this feature of the new patch but i think it's very stressing to play a game half italian and half english :)

I can do the translation during my job (in free moments), so can you send me txt file (or xml if you dont want copy and paste texts for me) to translate? (i obviously don't have Civ5 installed in my workstation :)).

I'll send you my email address via PM.

Bye :)

Top Bottom