Tourism Glitch

svafree1

Chieftain
So I was going for a domination victory and all of a sudden BOOM culture victory. I have three great works of writing, some very basic cultural buildings and some good city state relations but somethings not right. I look at the cultural victory condition tab and the tourism is all screwy. I don't get it. Are their populations so low that I won on tourism without trying? Or is this a bigger glitch?

Can you post a save file from before your victory? FWIW, this screen shows that the remaining AI civs are producing essentially no tourism (from 3 to 8 tourism) as compared to your 180 tourism, so your culture victory is unsurprising as far as that goes, but that raises the question why the AI tourism is so anemic that late in the game.

There's my save. The question is why is the AI so completely under developed. No military, no science, no culture, no anything. They hardly improved their cities.

Attachments

• CLEOPATRA 263 1760 AD.Civ6Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
So not a tourism bug, more the AI is just sooo bad at culture growth. This is mainly down to the following issue/s

GPP, the AI tends to concentrate on GPP denial by buying up GPP but not using them. The huge majority of culture growth comes from GW in most cases. A noticeable exception is China and Kongo. Kongo will have a fairly decent one due to population and China will have a strongish one due to spamming walls (inefficiently spamming walls)

If you look in the GPP screen you will find it can be hard on higher levels getting any... your great writer and great artist slots remain empty but if you try and swap something for a GP they just do not have many. On higher levels the AI is getting so much cash it is spamming in GP but fails to build the theatres to house them.

The culture game then more revolves around archaeology (which the AI pretty much ignores) and this museum was always the strongest bit and fastest to fill (once getting there) and easier to theme.

So the AI does not develop districts at all well and just spams in great people to make it annoying that you just push your museums. The AI also puts a lot of value on getting relics. zzz mainly an issue at higher levels.

Top Bottom