Trait comparison game 2 - America.

@euripides, you can change language using Ctrl+O to open options. If German is your native tongue, stick with it. We all know whats what on the screens anyway.

actually, it's funny and interesting to see on your screenies how are that things called in German :)

to 600BC aka first GP
Spoiler :

Well, i captured barbcity since i was paying for chariots anyway...
Spoiler :

After i found iron i wished i burned it...
Spoiler :

Could have been corn+fish and pig+iron.... no i have crappy iron city which i will need to block as Rome is lacking any metals at moment....

I used soon to be obsolete overflow tricks to speed Alpha and backfilled a bit via Rome... Stalin won't trade me untill i get him to pleased...

Great Scientist
Spoiler :

Will make academy in double gem city...

I probably still try to shoot for Mids....
Some stat screens
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

need to speed this game as it prevents me from using 3.19...

Attachments

• TCGamer BC-0600.CivBeyondSwordSave
    117.6 KB · Views: 27
Well I played my game out, and now that I look at other spoilers I went a slightly different route than everyone else. This is some of the most ridiculous slop ever to post a W.

Washington, first GP, 1400 BC:
Spoiler :

I settled 1S for riverside and not losing any foods (not that it's a lot of food). Opened AH (missed horse apparently), writing (!), mining, HBR (!), to archery, then BW.

Well, that should kind of give away my intentions I think. This was actually a good game until I didn't know when to quit. Anyway, due to the early writing, I put a library up in washington and ran 2 scientists for some faster tech.

Settled in the capitol to assist with necessary early research since I know the slider is going to be low for a long, long time.

~1 AD

Spoiler :
HORSE ARCHERS!

Cease fire, heal, HORSE ARCHERS!

Peace out big G

And the next step? Er...

HORSE ARCHERS!

A bunch of mid-AD's stuff and loss of liberalism:

Spoiler :
Gimme tech.

I SAID, gimme tech.

MY HORSE ARCHERS SAY GIMME TECH

Thank you.

Wait, no, I still need tech.

1200 AD to game's end (around 1900 AD):

Spoiler :
Strike one!

Lib actually went late.

I avoided losing units because after getting alpha from peace, I built research to currency, then built wealth to CoL, then whipped courthouses and things got a lot better.

As you can see, I went knights

And the magic rifles aren't going to be fun.

He has SoZ and I take peace right after he gets to rifles. At least I got his stack first.

That war took forever. Knights vs rifles and I still win (city count gave enough espionage for revolts at least).

Bootycall dials up Uncle Joe

And I am so backwards that it would be hard to recover. But, I'm pretty big. The solution? Well, darious, boudica, and bismark all don't hate me. Also, I'm huge. So, I'll just win.

Come to think of it, UN is kind of typical for me.

Well, at least CHA saw some use, even if this was a pretty horrible showing. At least I didn't lose.

to1Ad
Spoiler :

well, hindu refused to spread normally but luckily rome set some missionairies...
Meanwhile i hamered down mids... A bit late but better than never...

had some worries about JC settler, but luckily he did not went for iron spot...
Spoiler :

I managed to get Julius to pleased and begged out Polytheism... meanwhile Stalin remains unwilling to trade and cautious...
me sense some trouble...

Well, i am first on BNP but the only reason i have my cities is Rome total lack of metals...

Attachments

• TCGamer AD-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    144.4 KB · Views: 26
@Soirana

Your 1st, 2nd, and 4th images don't load.

mmmm... messed something with photobucket... unluckily deleted them already:(...
guess you will have to liuve without them... But you can look at save...

Spoiler :
well, i am stocking shock axes against praets... Promises be entertaining game...

to 1170Ad - Lib race...
Spoiler :

I made quick way to literature than maths while workers kept prechopping southwards of Deli... I needed to get rid of that forest anyway due to not giving enemies defense bonus and TGL under representation in city with academy is alone arround 20beakers per turn +GPP...
Still not sure it was worth except for denial...

100AD settled that iron spot...
Spoiler :

200AD bulbed Philo...
Spoiler :

never run pacifism or even caste... mostly to slow lib race as Julius got full hands about that time and i started preparing shock axes... [checked later these handle praets on field reasonably well...]

A bit later i scouted out some praetorians... Well, well...
Spoiler :

350AD our friend Stalin builds AP and gets voted to throne...
450Ad trade for priesthood to get these tasty hammer giving temples online...
500AD - barb city appears in unscouted corner near cows... And i was hoping to get something for HE
520AD - i finish TGL in Dheli while Julius finally declares...
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Luckily i begged some gold out Stalin before so safely bribed him on Rome [Currency+CoL+gold]. That at least stopped praet production...

Was worried a bit about Russia swallowing Rome but Julius had longbows...
540AD- praets start moving towards Russia ignoring walled and stuffed with defenders Bombay... I start hunting loose ome units in search for 10xp unit....
550AD - finished Maoi in crab copper spot...
Spoiler :

600AD burn that stupid city of Rome by hammering through loenly longbow...
Spoiler :

620AD - stuffed paer for some backfill techs to Stalin.... Ofcourse that ended in him building UoS... Stupid me...
720AD - another GS from mixed genetic pool. Bulb education... [was actually piling gold ascould choose other tech path in case of GSpy
740AD -trade Philosophy for MC and gold to Stalin... Stalin and Julius made peace... My stacks run razing improvements arround Antium.... [i still hope milk out some xp...
780AD Stalin uses AP to stop war... my best unit is only 7xp... but i get out GG in last turn... Settled him in capital..
Spoiler :

880AD get feudalism for philo and aesthetics from Julius
960AD get barb city producing two 10xp units in process... needed to cancel open borders with stalin to prevent him getting it...
Spoiler :

1100 steal calendar from Julius [from third try... so much wasted hammers on spies] also tech compass to clear bulb path...
Put a bulb in lib, trade compass for remaing machinery and HBR to Stalin... tech lib to -1 turn and change mind... decided to get engineering first...
1170 chemistry fro lib...
Spoiler :

Home advisor
Spoiler :

Techs:
Spoiler :

Finances
Spoiler :

Spoiler :
i will probably go for self research guilds next as main idea is use supercharged workshops to hammer away two morrons on mine continent... other will simply get one missionary gifts in sign of good bye...

Skipped save due to 3.17-3.19 isues and not seeing any action on previous ones anyway...

Right, I'm on the next Checkpoint, to 1755AD
Spoiler :
Things were peaceful for a bit, but JC declares in 1500's again (I expected as much, only now I was prepared)
Spoiler :

I bribe Stalin into war, and severely hurt JCs stack, so much that it has to retreat, and Stalin mops it up. I also retake Bombay. Stalin later vassalises JC. I meet the other continent. Things are peaceful till now, but Stalin is WHEOOHRN, I am likely target, due to dropping to pleased again.

The siuation as it stands:
Tech:

Demographics:

My cap and gold cities:

No obvious victory available. If I build UN, it would be a possibility, due to decent relations in the other continent, especially if I do a quick cap of backwards Biz and Booty. War with Stalin seems inevitable, and he is the powerhouse. He may have his sights set on Persia too (he don't like em much). I need to keep an eye on that situation, as he may divert a lot of attention there, allowing me to make inroads against him. techwise my situation is not bad.

Finally got around to playing this and will post when I feel like organizing the couple pictures I took. Overall a fairly easy map. As for spiritual (I had Issy) um... civic swaps are good? Not sure it is a huge secret that swapping between OR/Slave, Pacifism/Caste, and the random free diplomacy tend to make certain aspects of the game much easier.

to 1700AD - AP win
Spoiler :

1240AD - guilds...
1250AD first golden age...
1270AD - prepare stack wait for Ap voting to go through
Spoiler :

1310 capture Antium
Spoiler :

1320 - get counter stack near Dheli who is defended by single axe... Call for cease fire rearrange troops...
Spoiler :

1370 -got to view Rome from inside...
Spoiler :

That is enough for Julius to cap... I take Drama from him feeeling that is upcoming...

more or less how my city look...
Spoiler :

just need to replace that stupid engineer with mine for extra 2 hammers...
Another city screenshot from later day
Spoiler :

With nearly dozen of these i can clean my wy...

1400AD tech out printing press... Why i did that instead of steel? guess was trying to prove myself i can do that with trebs+muskets+knights with no slavery or drafting....
Selll liberalism to Stalin for 800 gold start optics...

1410 AD Optics in and same turn Darius founds me... I combine his map and Julius map and... get circumnavigation:) Meanwhile Stalin is not doing bad.... Already researched constitution but skipped both gunpowder and engineering... Too bad another continent will mess trades....

1420AD - russian stack is prepared...
Spoiler :

1450AD capture of Rostov...
1470AD - culture goes through 20%...
1480AD - take Yekaterinburg as i can't get into Moscow before AP voting and have no wish to defy it...
1490AD - As peace treatty was signed vote pops for city return. I calculate and it looks like julius+stalin can vote for it...
suddenly i have creative idea... I bribe Julius to free religion and revolt to hinduism myself... Recalcalution showns i can block AP this way... So i rearrange trrops for couple of turns and redeclare...
Spoiler :

1515 tech Astro....
1525 get St. Petersburg. At least solves Chitzen Itza problem...
Spoiler :

1545- block war stop voting just by saying no...
1550 Ad get Moscow... Suddenly i remeber i was against SoZ also... now it is clear why i need 40%cultrue already... start gifting missionairies...
Spoiler :

Unluckily Stalin won't cap so i beeline his new capitol [also highest pop city as in theory i can win through him with enough population...]
1580AD get Libyan [ex barb city current capitol of Russian]. Stalin is till not wishing to cap...
1585 AD - capture Yakutsk... which is enough. I took city as part of cap deal to increase my votes further...
I also immediately switch to free religion which with some gifting allows open borders with Boudica...
Spoiler :

I also bribe my vassals into free religion...
1595 AP votes for open borders between members...
1620 finish off steel... well, i am already doing things on autopilot...
1645 - get voting for AP throne...
Spoiler :

1670AD start another golden age [mainly to check my tech capabilities during this...]
1695 - Assembly line... and my voting...
1700AD win... no surprise since i have more population when domination limit...
On last turn is witched all cities to commerce/research to see how much i can get... reached 2K limit not bad for me...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

luckily for me this was not immortal.... i also saw someone leaving second Ghandi's city to let morrons declare on him.. very bright idea...

Top Bottom