Trait comparison game 2 - America.

ah, never mind. it's just my poor english.
btw, you never know what greeting do the AI's see when they meet TMIT...

Shaka checkpoint one

Spoiler :

to 1440BC...

moved warripor one hill and started thinking....
Spoiler :

Well, i ended on NW plainhills mainly to keep more initial cross hoping to get some resource in where....

2hammers from centre+2 from plain forest is good while expansive but i had no wish to get worker before AH so i did some manipultions wit lake [okay that means later worker, later growrth i am not sure how good it is in long run...]

Spoiler :

got AH and worker done i believe on turn 13... worked lake again before cows was improved [as i will have plenty of hammers while commerce is spare...]
for smae reason i scouted more agreesive being sure cows and sheep will give anough warriors to replace losses and...
Spoiler :

This series will be certainly famous for giving AI's sick capitals. At least better rush target this time...
bad thing i have met rome and stalin... mmmm.... not guys i want to live, but double gems...

Luckily my settling paid as i got horses in cap BFC
I farmed a bit to let grow to size five. i will fluctatte it at size five between positive food and mild starvation working these plain hills...

Spoiler :

After AH i teched wheel to start chariots as i was not planing to use slavery soon and chopping could really wait...
So it went AH>Wheel>Mining>BW
i started writing but change to mysticism as i needed some border pops.... [neither writing nor mysticism is finished yet...]

I built reasonable size of chariots [i was not sure if inidain cap is not on hill and i am used to immortal calculations...]
And met
Spoiler :

Well, i got two cities while killing two archers and wasting few turns to go through jungle... i ven checked Ghandi had slavery... i really feeel cheating while playing against AI lately...

Spoiler :

I also settled my own city [one of resaons i went for mysticism]

I was worried what to do with all these chariots so deleted barbbusting warriors
and
Spoiler :

Once in a while in ideal location...

Some may ask why i kept second Indian city... Well, it is good after IW... has few cottages planted by india,,, and it blocks land for good. I have all the land between me and India to play with.

Also if i need to defend it will be these two cities... i actually fell like wanting masonry for walls soon...
[defense + with stone i can overflow the to gold like protective without stone and still play with my racks...]

Wonders have been going late [great wall is still on] and hindu went to rome so i might grab oracle if i get enough loot to get to priesthood... [and how much double gems will cover...]

Position is good but with praets on one side and Stalin on other this still is not autowin...

sorry, i am lazy to post financial and other advisors... added save instead...

Attachments

• TCGamer BC-1440.CivBeyondSwordSave
    86.8 KB · Views: 29
I had some trouble changing leaders. I went ot line 142 in the WB save and changed the leader, but I still got American graphics and starting traits, not German.

2budweiser.
i'll have to check it when i get home.
which leader traits do you get instead of Bis's exp&ind?

2budweiser.
i'll have to check it when i get home.
which leader traits do you get instead of Bis's exp&ind?

I'm not sure. I should have said I got America's starting techs, not their traits. I didnt start playing, I didnt want to spoil anything. But everything seemed to be American except the name.

that was it meant to be...

you have american techs, colors, uniques and your chosen traits....

afterall you changed only leader... That is basically unrestricted american leader for player:)

that was it meant to be...

you have american techs, colors, uniques and your chosen traits....

afterall you changed only leader... That is basically unrestricted american leader for player:)

Ah, OK. I misunderstood the challenge.

I'll try Mao if no one contests him, figure it's best to leave a couple of these more appealing leaders still open to encourage people to get into the challenge. Haven't played anything as of yet but I hope it will be fun.

I'll take Sury for loads of cheap buildings! Probably won't get a chance to play it until this weekend though - work is pretty busy.

Checkpoint 1 1280BC, Peter of America, Emperor, Normal speed (as required)

Spoiler :
Uneventful, I went down the blocking route, founding New York on Gandhi's border to claim a grassland pig, irrigated corn and coastal fish. Definitely my GP farm, as the rest of the land is very food poor. The second city founded, was to claim the copper west of Washington. I used the expansive trait to get out a fair few workers in Wash, as its hammer heavy. I also went wheel before BW, as it allowed me a superior unit early (chariots), easing my worries of emperor level barbs, aside that whipping in Wash is ineffective, due to poor food supply, and it wasn't too heavily forested. I learned mysticism early too, to have some hope of not being culture crushed by Gandhi's holy city capital, beside which NY is situated. I have pottery, and am currently building up gold for Writing, which I will follow with Aesthetics.

Now for some pics:
The world discovered, before my woodsmanI warrior was beaten by a barb warrior on a forested hill!!!:mad:

My capital:

My other two cities:

The civs I have met so far:

The financial Adviser:
The tech Adviser:

I am in the process of getting some cottages up currently, as I have next to no commerce, and my next city I will settle 1 west of the beavers (also gets fish), to get some much needed happy (need hunting first). Any advice on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated, as I am quite new to emperor, and have yet to beat it.

Attachments

• TCGamerPeter BC-1280.CivBeyondSwordSave
    90.7 KB · Views: 49
2Single Malt
Spoiler :

start GP farming asap, you're phi, after all
military-wise, gandhi would make some easy prey, he's got a holy city and is unlikely to defend his cities with anything but culture. but you can as well wait untill he shrines the holy city for you. just watch out for two warmongers, they are very likely to go after gandhi, and then after you!

i see now i was a bit unclear. by "tech advisor" i meant the screen showing you available tech trades. i now realise it's actually one of the windows of roreign advisor, sorry.
of course before alpha it's no need to post this.

2Single Malt
Spoiler :

start GP farming asap, you're phi, after all
military-wise, gandhi would make some easy prey, he's got a holy city and is unlikely to defend his cities with anything but culture. but you can as well wait untill he shrines the holy city for you. just watch out for two warmongers, they are very likely to go after gandhi, and then after you!

i see now i was a bit unclear. by "tech advisor" i meant the screen showing you available tech trades. i now realise it's actually one of the windows of roreign advisor, sorry.
of course before alpha it's no need to post this.

Spoiler :
I am well aware of Gandhi's weakness. At the moment, I cannot afford a huge military, I also suspect at he has Judaism, so I will hit him after construction. I want to extort some techs/cash from him before attacking too:D. GP farming will be started as sonn at writing is done, and NY food supply assured ( a worker has nearly roaded to it, and another is a turn from completion). It is top of the agenda at the moment, but I needed pottery before writing, in order to get much needed commerce.

Checkpoint 2 for Peter of America, 1st GP 500BC
Spoiler :
Popped 1st Great Scientist in 500BC, founded a city to claim fur and fish. gandhi needs to go!, his goddamn culture stole my fish in the GP farm:mad:. Building axes now, and going construction asap.

What is best to do with GS? Bulb maths, or academy in capital (best commerce city)?

Top Bottom