Troubleshooting and F.A.Q.

Hi Xyth,

playing with Hittites, just noticed that the swordman and the UU that replaces the spearman (I can't remember the name) have the same image-icon

Also, at the same game, I have Huwasi (UB replacing monument) in all of my cities. But surprisingly it provides 1 culture in some cities and 2 in some others... I don't know why, I'm missing some point?

Attachments

• Hittite (2).CivBeyondSwordSave
    110.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20190218_183257_147.jpg
    IMG_20190218_183257_147.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20190220_065437_225.jpg
    IMG_20190220_065437_225.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 159
playing with Hittites, just noticed that the swordman and the UU that replaces the spearman (I can't remember the name) have the same image-icon

Noticed this myself at some point, already fixed.

Also, at the same game, I have Huwasi (UB replacing monument) in all of my cities. But surprisingly it provides 1 culture in some cities and 2 in some others... I don't know why, I'm missing some point?

Not sure what's happening there.

Could you make the most recent version of the code available, I guess that there's a repo somewhere ?. If you haven't fixed that fort issues that I rambled on about in another post I'd be happy to do so :)

No repository, I've never got round to setting one up. I think I just need to upload the second beta, even though it's not as polished as I want it to be. Will try to next week, and I'll upload the source code at the same time. No point posting it earlier as far too many things have changed for it to be compatible with the first beta.

Does the culture output double after a building is 1000 years old in HW like it does in BTS?

mmm.... could be that. But I thought this mechanic was applied only on World Wonders

From when it happened to me it has to do with interaction with Stonehenge wonder. Monuments actually built in the city through production whether by you will get double culture bonus after enough time passes. Those that are automatically in your city because you control Stonehenge when you also are in control of a city will never get this bonus, no matter time waited.

Don’t think this intentional, just an interaction of code but who knows

I have a weird error, 7zip "Cant not open output file", "CvGameCoreDll.dll.

I look in the mods folder and nothing has been installed there... After the whole download went off without a hitch till the very end.

mmm.... could be that. But I thought this mechanic was applied only on World Wonders

It's defined in the xml for every building separately by <CommerceChangeDoubleTimes> and in both BTS and History Rewritten the culture output of every building is set to double after 1000 years.

From when it happened to me it has to do with interaction with Stonehenge wonder. Monuments actually built in the city through production whether by you will get double culture bonus after enough time passes. Those that are automatically in your city because you control Stonehenge when you also are in control of a city will never get this bonus, no matter time waited.

Don’t think this intentional, just an interaction of code but who knows

Those free buildings are treated differently in the code (code distinguishes between "real" and "free" buildings) and the culture (and other commerce types potentially) does not double for free buildings.

armory building has a graphics problem. it is too big, I've also seen in other cities as well

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 186
when AI cancels embassy agreement or declare war on me, I get the relationship penaly although they caused firing the ambassadors.

I encountered a bug in the corporate system, De Beers tries to sell only 10% but somehow in the advisor screen more than 300% was available. I was able to buy while the AI players couldn't buy it. I attached a save from next turn, where I can still buy stocks of De Beers.

Attachments

• corporate bug.png
    corporate bug.png
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • Kostok CE-1908.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
Hi Xyth, one suggestion:

I don't know what amount of culture is required to get Legendary Culture on a city. And also I know is dependant to the map size. Maybe this info could be shown on the Victory advisor or in civopedia. Since it's relevant info in order to know how far is someone to get culture victory.

Thanks!!!

Sorry for not responding here for ages.

armory building has a graphics problem. it is too big, I've also seen in other cities as well

This is fixed in 1.25 beta 2.

when AI cancels embassy agreement or declare war on me, I get the relationship penaly although they caused firing the ambassadors.

Meant to be fixed in 1.25 beta 2, but apparently isn't. Working on it.

I encountered a bug in the corporate system, De Beers tries to sell only 10% but somehow in the advisor screen more than 300% was available. I was able to buy while the AI players couldn't buy it. I attached a save from next turn, where I can still buy stocks of De Beers.

Should be fixed in 1.25 beta 2.

Hi Xyth, one suggestion:

I don't know what amount of culture is required to get Legendary Culture on a city. And also I know is dependant to the map size. Maybe this info could be shown on the Victory advisor or in civopedia. Since it's relevant info in order to know how far is someone to get culture victory.

It should be on the Victory Advisor. I'll add it when I redesign that screen (and merge it into the Info Pane). Not in 1.25, sorry, but on the todo list.

Hi,

playing 1.24.1 version on Windows System.

I'm not able to build up a Great Temple with my GreatProphet, and I'm accomplishing all the conditions.

I attach a saved game.

PD: today I was going to test 1.25 (#2) but I wanted first to finish this old game on previous version.

Attachments

• Great Temple.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
Hi,

playing 1.24.1 version on Windows System.

I'm not able to build up a Great Temple with my GreatProphet, and I'm accomplishing all the conditions.

I attach a saved game.

PD: today I was going to test 1.25 (#2) but I wanted first to finish this old game on previous version.

I don't have an installation of 1.24.1 to test this on anymore, sorry.

Hi, is there any way to have a city build unlimited wonders without being restricted by culture in this build? I could not find any options to do so under custom game.

Hi, is there any way to have a city build unlimited wonders without being restricted by culture in this build? I could not find any options to do so under custom game.

No. It's not something I want to be optional.

Last edited:
When I try to pillage workboats with my privateers, the sound effects play but the workboat is not destroyed and I do not get any gold.Is this a bug or intentional?

When I received the event of a retired naval officer making the dockyards better - I got an armory (for land units) instead of a naval arsenal (for water units). I assume this is a bug?

When i started my game, I noticed that the City defense number was 60% from the start (no walls) and that as the game progressed it increased to 240%. Much higher than 1.24. Is this intentional or is it a bug?

Top Bottom