Troubleshooting and F.A.Q.

Hi @Xyth , first of all i have to say this is amazing mod. i played 4 games on saga difficulty with it after learning about this mod few weeks ago. I really like how you made everything intuitive and cohesive, no wacky things, everything looks like it could be in vanilla, even the leaders heads are animated. Big props for all that, and i hope you continue your great work, this is how civ vanilla should be like.

I think i noticed small bug though, under tenets one can choose "proselytism" and it says it does:
• State Religion Missionaries always succeed
• Spreading state religion also constructs its Temple

Now for the temple thing, maybe i am just misunderstanding, but in my playtrough, after i sent priest to spread religion to other civs, when i spread it there it did not always construct temple, but sometimes it did construct temple, but in only one of the cities and only if i converted most of the cities of that civ. Is that intended to be like that ? Seems to me like temple only gets constructed if also that other civ adopts the religion i am spreading as their state religion and only then it constructs the temple if i convert one of their yet unconverted cities ? Or is it meant to construct temple in every city you convert, no matter what state religion the other person has ? (in both situations i did have the religion i was spreading as state religion).

Hi @Xyth , first of all i have to say this is amazing mod. i played 4 games on saga difficulty with it after learning about this mod few weeks ago. I really like how you made everything intuitive and cohesive, no wacky things, everything looks like it could be in vanilla, even the leaders heads are animated. Big props for all that, and i hope you continue your great work, this is how civ vanilla should be like.

I think i noticed small bug though, under tenets one can choose "proselytism" and it says it does:

Now for the temple thing, maybe i am just misunderstanding, but in my playtrough, after i sent priest to spread religion to other civs, when i spread it there it did not always construct temple, but sometimes it did construct temple, but in only one of the cities and only if i converted most of the cities of that civ. Is that intended to be like that ? Seems to me like temple only gets constructed if also that other civ adopts the religion i am spreading as their state religion and only then it constructs the temple if i convert one of their yet unconverted cities ? Or is it meant to construct temple in every city you convert, no matter what state religion the other person has ? (in both situations i did have the religion i was spreading as state religion).

Hi.
If you expand your religion over foreign cities, it will automatically build a temple only in case the AI civ has also adopted the same religion and has chosen Proselytism tenet. So in your example you have to take in account which religion and tenets has the AI civ adopted.

Hi.
If you expand your religion over foreign cities, it will automatically build a temple only in case the AI civ has also adopted the same religion and has chosen Proselytism tenet. So in your example you have to take in account which religion and tenets has the AI civ adopted.
Oh i see... then there is no bug, i just misunderstood what the tenet was supossed to do. Thank you for the explanation.

Hi Xyth, here I report a bug we could call the "Bermuda triangle bug". It's very rare, after years of playing I've never got this before. Don't know if this could be related to 1.25 version.
So the bug is a region where my units disappear if they try to access. The region was occupied by barbarian city and was conquered by England, just immediately the zone became "Bermuda triangle".
Playing on windows.
I attached a saved game. In order to test the bug you only need to move the scout to the south.

I can't replicate this. I move the scout south onto the Rubber Plantation in English territory and end the turn. Scout is still there next turn.

Thank you! I do intend to keep working on HR but it will be at a slower pace than I was once able to. I'll also be focusing primarily on finishing and fine-tuning, rather than adding any major new features (except new civs and leaders).

Actually that is a bug. It's considering the state religion and tenets of the player that owns the city instead of the player that's spreading the religion. Will be fixed in next release.

Thank you! I do intend to keep working on HR but it will be at a slower pace than I was once able to. I'll also be focusing primarily on finishing and fine-tuning, rather than adding any major new features (except new civs and leaders).
good plan, gameplay is great at this point already, no need for feature creep and never ending aditions and changes which just introduce more bugs etc...just polishing the existing stuff/ fixing bugs is good.
As for new civs/leaders, might i suggest maybe Vandals or any other "barbarians" from that time at the end of western roman empire ? I didn't notice any of the "barbarians" from that time to be included, vandals are amongst the most known, right after huns. Could be good adition maybe... just suggestion

Actually that is a bug. It's considering the state religion and tenets of the player that owns the city instead of the player that's spreading the religion. Will be fixed in next release.
thats great to hear, thanks for answer

Sorry if this can be found elsewhere, but I am having trouble locating this info on the forum, or in the documentation.

How do I turn on AI Autoplay? I can see that the code is implemented and I found a mention of it in the world builder, but can't figure out how to start it.

Sorry if this can be found elsewhere, but I am having trouble locating this info on the forum, or in the documentation.

How do I turn on AI Autoplay? I can see that the code is implemented and I found a mention of it in the world builder, but can't figure out how to start it.

In the World Builder, go to the Game Options screen (red fist) and look for AI Autoplay. Choose the number of turns you want. When you exit World Builder it'll run for that many turns or until you hit Space or Esc.

Grand temples starting a Golden Age for Spiritual have a great abuse potential, especially for Ram Khamhaeng. Consider replacing that with a random great person effect from Nasca Lines, since GPs already have diminishing returns mechanism in place.

Also well doesn't fit declared requirements, I'm constantly seeing it available in cities next to river.

Last edited:
Hi Xyth,
I reported earlier a bug where my units turn ghost (they disappear). You told me you were unable to replicate my bug on the attached saved file.
So today I've got the same bug again. I'm attaching the saved game, where a missionary disappears when entering the area of a conquered city.
Let's see if somebody can replicate the bug.

Edit: playing on Windows system

Thanks!!

Attachments

• bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    476.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hi Xyth,
I reported earlier a bug where my units turn ghost
Had it too, a whole vertical strip of tiles went permanently into Fog of War and stopped refreshing despite me having vision on it, a city in it was shown as a ruin.

Can anyone help with the game crash issue?
Doesn't write anything. It just closes and that's it.

Had it too, a whole vertical strip of tiles went permanently into Fog of War and stopped refreshing despite me having vision on it, a city in it was shown as a ruin.

It's, and I'm 100% sure, a 1.25 bug. Never had it on previous versions. I've had this bug 2 times, and it seems to be triggered when a city is conquered.

I can't replicate this. I move the scout south onto the Rubber Plantation in English territory and end the turn. Scout is still there next turn.

This is happening to me too. On multiple locations across the map. I thought that those cities were raized but I can see in worldbuilder that they are actually there, I just have no visibility into the "zone" and I cant interact(attack for example) with them too.

Windows, I had logging off in previous turns. I am not using other mods.

Attachments

• Pic 1 - How I see it.jpg
    Pic 1 - How I see it.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Pic 2 - Inside the zone.jpg
    Pic 2 - Inside the zone.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Pic 3 - Worldbuilder.jpg
    Pic 3 - Worldbuilder.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • pic 4 - Other Instances.jpg
    pic 4 - Other Instances.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Petko CE-0820.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • Logs.rar
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hey there, another bug(I think) I encountered. I play custom scenario - Earth (Windows) with all civilizations. If I start with any difficulty other than warlord, I immediately have a lot of contacts from the beginning. Curiosly on warlord difficulty this does not happen. But I checked diplomacy tab in worldbuilder and other civilizations still start with a lot of contacts between themselves. I also can not remove those contacts in worldbuilder, it does nothing :( v.1.25

EDIT: I found out what the culprit is. In CIV4HandicapInfo.xml - HANDICAP_WARLORD <iStartingLocPercent>40</iStartingLocPercent>

This value works well. Other values on other diffuculties dont. See pictures below with my Emperor start as Louis the French.

Attachments

• Turn 0.jpg
    Turn 0.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Emperor Default.jpg
    Emperor Default.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Emperor LOC40.jpg
    Emperor LOC40.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Sorry for the slow response, I keep missing notifications about this thread for some reason.

Hi Xyth,
I reported earlier a bug where my units turn ghost (they disappear). You told me you were unable to replicate my bug on the attached saved file.
So today I've got the same bug again. I'm attaching the saved game, where a missionary disappears when entering the area of a conquered city.
Let's see if somebody can replicate the bug.

This is happening to me too. On multiple locations across the map. I thought that those cities were raized but I can see in worldbuilder that they are actually there, I just have no visibility into the "zone" and I cant interact(attack for example) with them too.

I've not been able to replicate this with previous reports, but hopefully I can with these saves. All of the "deadzone" cities seem to be former capitals which is an important clue. I'm wondering if it's related to embassies. They give visibility to capitals when established but maybe the visibility is being removed permanently somehow when the embassy is (re)moved. Will investigate.

Hey there, another bug(I think) I encountered. I play custom scenario - Earth (Windows) with all civilizations. If I start with any difficulty other than warlord, I immediately have a lot of contacts from the beginning. Curiosly on warlord difficulty this does not happen. But I checked diplomacy tab in worldbuilder and other civilizations still start with a lot of contacts between themselves. I also can not remove those contacts in worldbuilder, it does nothing :( v.1.25

EDIT: I found out what the culprit is. In CIV4HandicapInfo.xml - HANDICAP_WARLORD <iStartingLocPercent>40</iStartingLocPercent>

This value works well. Other values on other diffuculties dont. See pictures below with my Emperor start as Louis the French.

Strange! I don't really understand what iStartingLocPercent does, but I think it's used to help determine which of the available starting locations on a random map should go to the human player. Which should theoretically have no effect on a map with defined starting locations.

I'll see if I can do anything about prevent contact at start. The tool I use for real start locations likely assumed it isn't possible to have that many civs on a map.

Last edited:
@Xyth
Howdy. I get that real life keeps everyone busy, and that your taking your time on updates ( Which is awesome IMO), but do you happen to have any info or possibly a patch for the Diplo issues? Conquest wins are all fun and such :D, but Diplo wins are impossible do to the AI canceling all agreements every few turns.
Hope everything is working out for you and yours.
Drak.

Game freezes or CTDs, seems repeatable, save below. Industrial age, Earth map, Japan.

Attachments

• gg.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
On the Earth map (Windows) after Medieval - endless MAF. I have never completed the game yet. Playing on another map is not interesting.

Top Bottom