TSG50 After Action Report

Game status: Diplomacy Victory
Game date: 1665AD
Turns played: 243
Base score: 1514
Final score: 3154
Time played: 8:46:00

i had to reload the autosave of the very last turn because apparently i forgot to save after the one more turn screen :/

settled on the gold and build 2 additional cities on the coast (on dyes in the south and near marble in the northeast) and one next to a mountain in jungle. i also married Antwerp later, just to try the UA. was quite useful, i think.
Elizabeth didnt like my fast expansion and started to hate me, so i decided to invade London around the time i got xbows. i also took Delhi later when i was a bit bored on my techrush to globalization because he had quite a few wonders and hated me anyway after my little adventures in England (we were friends before). Delhi was a nice city, but joined my empire way to late to make any significant impact (came out of revolting when i hit research labs). i also had to take a small detour in the techtree to get artillery, because i somehow didnt notice Ghandi had the great wall before i declared on him... i guess that cost me about 10 turns

Game: Civ5 GOTM 50
Date submitted: 2013-01-14
Reference number: 28102
Your name: Gamewizard
Game date: 1834AD
Turns played: 287
Base score: 2451
Final score: 4300

I took over my continent, married 4 CS. Policies were all liberty, all partonage, all order. My religion was absolutely dominant with 50 cities following Islam. Tithe was pulling in over 120 gpt! I forgot to build Oxford in time for Globalization, so I could have easily taken 7 turns off my time.

Your name: Lukey
Game date: 1834AD
Turns played: 330
Base score: 1761
Final score: 2668

After finding this website last night, I figured I had to give GOTM a go and fervently rushed off to complete this challenge. I noticed it's too late for submission but figured I'd do it just for a laugh anyway!

It was relatively quiet compared to most my games where I take a more aggressive stance, but with the b-line for Globalization I stayed well away from the military tree so was still running around with artillery and infantry as the game was won. England was aggressive towards me all game due to my encroaching upon London with cities, I was largely on the defensive for most of this cold war until I finally pushed back with cannon and decimated them. India also was a little feisty so they got similar treatment, but both were passive for long periods followed by devastation once the Vienna war-machine got into full production!

Japan were staunch allies throughout the whole process and Rome glowered and threatened from afar without much substance, however they did capture their whole continent.

Religion was a complete farce, it really went out of control and made me ridiculous amounts of money (200GPT+ just from religion). This is the first time I've truly seen the strength of a dominant religion, I didn't even need to buy prophets after it took off and spent all my faith on GS. I went with Desert Folklore, Tithe, Pagodas, Peace Gardens and Itinerant Preachers - all 74 cities on the planet followed my religion. It also meant that every CS was constantly under my control, which provided a nifty boost.

I think I may have made an error taking Rationalism before Patronage, though the game never looked like being lost... It was a good laugh but now I've gotta work out how the hell some people got sub-200 times...

Top Bottom