Turn 1, 4000 BC

killercane

Deity
The game is afoot and the save is making its way down to us. Who is going to play turn numero uno? Should we set a time to discuss the starting position as a team?

We seem to be last in turn order, so that should tell us if the others settled right away or not. With a Rik made map, Im sure we will have a luxurious starting position.

Edit: Looks like Ginger posted a screenshot. Settling in place will give us a settler factory and another 2 E if there is enough bonus grass. I would vote for settler first in that case.

Settle in place, warrior warrior worker granery would be my order. We can run a 4 turn settler factory starting from population 4 with an empty food bin by irrigating the cow and 1 FP, mining both BG's and irrigating the plains (or mining a grass, but thats a bit slower). The second worker would cross the river and mine the BG there, the first worker irrigates the cow and FP, then mines the BG on this side of the river then irrigates the plains.

What RF said. Warrior (explore), warrior (sentry/mood police), worker, granary. If we can get 2 SF going, we will be in good shape. No-one else is agricultural except the Summarians, are they?

Just realised I have miscalculated - we don't need the FP - +1 food comes from the city on a river (oops!)

Where are the spreadsheet people? Ive never used one but that may shed some light on worker moves after irrigating the cow.

initial drafts only - but should give you something to work from. I think this spreadsheet is one of paper beetles. the key thing on the worker moves is how you deal with the river crossings. Thats why I want a second worker, once its built it crosses the river and deals with the BG there, while the original worker never crosses the river.

As for settler first - the FP's don't appeal. Until we get a worker to them, they are just regular grass. You could pop a settler before the granery, but I still think ax ax worker

Attachments

• opening.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 182
Nice, RF. I wish I had that kind of patience, to make those.

I am tempted by the second, but is there anyway to squeeze in a second warrior? I would like a policeman and an explorer, to be safe. A second warrior, though, would take 4 turns, and waste 2 sheilds, which I do not like. It may be possible to go 3, 3, 4 sheild per turn, which would mean warrior in three with no overrun. Let me check.

EDIT 1: Eh, nope. I cannot see anyway that would be possible, unless we mine a BG before, which would lower food and throw it all off.

EDIT 2:Wait, if we work the cow and a bg for two turns, that would be 3 per turn, for a total of six, right? (1 from city, 1 from each tile per turn.) On the third turn, we move the BG to the forest, and have 4 spt, am I right? next turn we total 10 sheilds, get our warrior, and then start another worker.

Or am I missing something obvious? Will our borders have expanded by then?

And what should our first technological project be? Mysticism as suggested in the other thread?

Edit: After looking at it, it seems that ax, settler, granary in city 1, and ax, worker in city 2 planted 2 E by the FP, will give us the best all around start (settler, granary, 2 warriors and 2 workers) by turn 24.

agreed on settle in place, agreed on axe first, agreed on mystic - on max research I think, and we have the save!

:agree: as well!

Excuse my ignorence in these matters but who actually plays this turn?

(It's so strange to know how the gameplay works but not how an MTDG works! :crazyeye: )

Played and sent. Settled in place, worker to cow, and started warrior + myst.
No more food has shown up, other than a banana due north.

We need to have an election for turnplayer. I nominate one Tony "British Bulldog" Goodwin.

Well done Kc.
Nominations.....elections......:sarcastic: ....Let he how thinks Tone should Not take a few turns speak up, if no one does....go wild Ardiles!
Now that turn 1 is played this thread is dead, right? Could we please keep turnplay discussions (on specific moves) in the dept of Turnplay and have the TP post in Turnplay Log after his play. This place will be littered with dead end threads otherwise.

I nominate one Tony "British Bulldog" Goodwin.
Umm, thanks but given my total inexeperience in these matters I don't think that's wise at the moment. Perhaps I can take my share later on?

and Bulldog??? More like poodle IMO!

Can I be the turnplayer ??? :mischief:
No problems with this lot. Good luck with your request to join GONG in the main forum :lol: .

Tone// If you want to sit back for a while that's cool, but I suggest all that wants to be TP's in the future take a swing at it in the beginning. It's very uncomplicated at this stage.
1. The save from FREE is dl'd from our gmail. Save it to the c3c saves folder as with a SG save.
2. Open up. when asked type our pwd 15angrydrunks and play
3. when finished you will be asked to either save or continue, choose save and name the file MTDG2_00X_GONG where X is the # of the turn.
4. Back to gmail and pass the save on to BABE

If anything goes wrong not to worry. New TP's are cut some slack. Anyone interested send a PM and we can run a in-team pbem as training and fun.

Excuse my ignorence in these matters but who actually plays this turn?
This depends on how formal we want to be. Some teams have elections and get crazy about who does what. I much prefer the free form method we just used. Whoever is available plays the turn. We have already been a bit anarchistic (which I prefer) Daghie kind of took charge of our UN problems. KC played the first turn. I started a pub and our team band.

We might want to start at "to do" list thread, where whomever is going to play the turn can go for a sort of formal list of instructions on what to do. Please note that the "to do" list isn't always accurate and playing the turn often requires some decisions to be made by the turn player.

How do we want to run this?

Hey Rik, you want to play, it's cool with me. :cooool:

I would love to play an early turn, just to get some experience. Anyone mind if I play turn two? Just have the worker start irrigating, right?

I much prefer the free form method we just used. Whoever is available plays the turn.
that's fine by me.

We might want to start at "to do" list thread, where whomever is going to play the turn can go for a sort of formal list of instructions on what to do.
Probably enough at the moment just to keep it in the Turnplay thread.

@Theryman: AFAICS there's nothing else to do so yes! (that's more to do than in turn 3 though!)

Top Bottom