Turn 151 - 350 AD(Waiting)

Donovan Zoi

The Return
No save yet, as Trip forgot to send it. ;)

However, he did send this correspondence with the, um, attachment. He has sent us Dyes now, with some Silks to be named later. I have pledged 20 gold in my reply until we can determine a time for further negotiations. I am looking at Monday afternoon as the best times.

Here is Trip's message:

> Just a reminder to CFC, we have a chat on Saturday at 5pm EST (so make
> sure you don't play the turn until we have had that chat). We have
> sent Dyes and our World Map accepted this turn, so hopefully you will
> not need to use the luxury slider to prevent disorder. We will be
> sending you Silks in a couple more turns just to help out. Thanks.
>
> Trip
> Apolyton Consul
>
>

My reply:

Trip, we can't play the save unless you attach one. :lol: Also, it was my understanding that the chat was supposed to be on Friday at 5pm EST, which would have been cancelled back due to no save, of course. I did not get any update for the new chat time, and unfortunately will not be able to make the one listed here. Also, with our President on vacation for a week, I really want to be involved in negotiations but unfortunately weekends are usually tough for me to schedule.

Of course, there is always the chance that we will not enter Republic this turn, so I believe I am safe to assume we can still play the save in that case. But in the interim, should a chat schedule not pan out for this weekend AND we enter Republic, I would like to send back 20 gold accepted as a show of good faith so that I may move the turn on. Then we can hit the negotiation table on Monday at either 5pm EST or 10pm EST, when Togas becomes available. Does that sound fair?

Please let me know, and please send the save as soon as possible. And please feel free to post this correspondence for your people.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi

I will try to play the save as soon as I receive it. Please post here with any questions or concerns.

And more big news, as it seems Mongoose is no longer at 1bc. So the UN is now stationed at CDG, which is also the home of the Conquests ISDG UN. At this time, however, there seems to be some confusion as to who is in charge of the UN. Hit the link for more info; the forum is brand new so there not many posts to sift through.

Here is Mongoose's message:

Greetings all,
As you may or may not be aware, I have left 1bc. That being the case, we needed a
new home for the ISDG if I was to continue as admin. So, our good friend Elucidus
was kind enough to create a forum at CDG for our use.
The forum is at the bottom of the "Gaming and Competitions" section in the Civ3 board.

http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/civ3/viewforum.php?f=428

I have moved some of the stuff from 1bc already, like emails and such.. if anyone
else wants something else from over there, let me know of feel free to copy it to
the new forum as well.
I thought a forum at CDG would be a smooth transition since almost all of us are
members there already, especially those who are preparing for the Upcoming Conquests
game.
Now that I will have a little more time and less stress (for now), I can get some of
the pending issues we have out of the way.
Thanks all,
mongoose201

Hm. So the UN has moved. To bad for the 1BC community about the situations in their DG. :(
Hope they get over it soon.

Did you say that we are paying 20 gold for the dyes?

Cheetah, the 20g is in regards to the "gold for tech" agreement that we are trying to hash out with Apolyton. As you can see, it looks like they are showing good faith by giving us Dyes and later, Silks. I am giving 20 gold only if we enter Republic this turn, since that is a number that has been thrown about here. Poly wants more along the lines of 35pgt, so that is the gap we will need to bridge in negotiations.

While we are waiting for the save, please feel free to discuss this matter here so we can get a clearer indication of what actions we should take in our post-Republic negotiations with our ally. I can start a new thread for the actual save when we get it.

Ok, the save is finally here, but I am walking out the door. Please let me play it tomite. Thanks!

350 AD save finally played!

As it turns out, we are still in Anarchy. :( We will definitely enter Republic next turn. As promised, we received Dyes from Apolyton.

Here's a screenie of our nation:

Attachments

• cfc350ad.jpg
    cfc350ad.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 117
GCA has returned to pester our shores again, but hopefully we are ready to remove them from this hemisphere. In anticipation of their return, our beloved Doughnut Thrower promptly bombarded their Galley and took one Hit Point away. We should consider building a Galley in Yun Qiuling to finish off this rogue ship.

Attachments

• 350ad-bombard.jpg
    350ad-bombard.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 106
We have also created a human wall to keep GCA from landing its Elite Spear again in prime defensive territory. They can now only land on grassland(where our MI is waiting) or Flood Plain(where our Horseman is waiting). And Fog of War is still removed from the entire mountain divide region.

Attachments

• 350ad-gcawall.jpg
    350ad-gcawall.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 132
The good news: Our Elite Swordsman has destroyed the northern barb camp that threaten Yun Qiuling. The warrior near YQ was taken out by our Vet Pikeman.

The bad news: We have reports of another barb uprising from the southwestern tip of our nation. We have a Horseman nearby, but he is waiting for the insurgents to come out from the protection of the forest. I do not want to lose a future Rider over this menial threat.

Here's a look:

Attachments

• 350ad-newbarbcamp.jpg
    350ad-newbarbcamp.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 110
And what are we gonna rename AS? It's not a very Chinese name, you know. ;)

Sounds good

Top Bottom