Turn 154 - 380 AD

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Not too much going on this turn. We really need to schedule a chat between CGN and ourselves. I had to send away another Theology offer. :(

Also, we got Silks from Poly, so we should be able to satart increasing our city sizes. More on this in a moment.

Here is our great land(on a less cloudy day;) ):

Attachments

• cfc380ad.jpg
    cfc380ad.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 86
OK, here is the situation. I have a feeling that if we try to build all of our proposed cities now, it will be a wasteful venture due to corruption. So what I propose is that we build New Yun Feng(in 3 turns!) and the site where our Northern Sword is standing in the picture above.

That will mean that the two Settlers we are producing in this screenshot can be changed to desperately-needed Marketplaces. Since these are our core cities, doing so will help our bottom line immensely. We can also start a few more Markets once we make a few more workers.

Attachments

• 380ad-settlers.jpg
    380ad-settlers.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 101
Once New Yun Feng is built, we should use any worker available to improve the immediate land around the city(includes mining two mountains), while it begins building the Forbidden Palace. After a good part of the improvement is finished, we should join 4-5 workers to the city so that it reaches Size 6.

Doing this will get us 8-10 shield/pt, depending on corruption, which would get us the Forbidden Palace in about 25 turns.

Please let me know what you think of this idea. I will be posting a separate thread with a city screen proposal later.

Here's the city of Yun Qiuling, which I changed slightly to get the Settler in one turn. For the moment, this city should probably produce nothing but Workers. I will check it out next turn, or have President GBM do so.

As I mentioned before, the new city would be founded where our Swordsman is standing.

Attachments

• 380ad-northcity.jpg
    380ad-northcity.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 82
You know, I still do exist ;).

But dont worry, the save came in my bad hours, so it was only really helpful.

I was thinking that the next worker out of KH (Kuangboeie Haiyawhatever) should be shipped over to the island cities, to make their full potential. we can ship it back when it finishes. Maybe even give the lonely worker a friend...

City placements so far - all good. Has domestic posted a city plan yet?

Any other threads I should watch? Any major events since I left? Some are obvious, but being told helps.

Not sure what you know...

We are giving gold to poly for techs and luxuries, are talking a bit with GWT and are talking about buying theology from CGN. Yndy resigned and CG is Minister of Domestic. That was it I think...

Is it wise to build the Forbidden Palace so close to our capital?

probably not. maybe save cash for rushing a courthouse in a city further north an build it there?

Yes, IMHO if we get the Northern passage, the FP would be better use up there than in NYQ...

There is quite a bit of treasury to be claimed by building the FP in Yun Feng, and will be easy to bring in cash due to our ease of building roads. The north is far too untamed to make for a viable FP setting, as the region doesn't have the grassland to support quick growth. As far as I am concerned, expansion of the North should be secondary the the East.

I know that it is close to Shen Ling, but the Forbidden Palace in New Yun Feng will drastically reduce the amount of corruption for our entire mainland. And our cities nearest New Apolyton is where we will want to be the strongest.

Plus where better to announce our re-emergence as a world power to the rest of the world than by rebuilding our fallen city and honoring it with our second Palace?

NYF is a great choice, strategically and aesthetically. The cornerstone of our comeback should not be hidden in the forest. ;)

After a brief chat with Trip from Apolyton, he all but assured us that Poly will give us Invention in 3 turns if we bump our gpt payment to 40g. So, whoever plays the turn, please remember to do this.

The save should arrive sometime within the next hour or two. If no one has played the save by 2200GMT tomorow, I may give it another go.

Top Bottom