Turn 18 - 3150 B.C.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Our scientists have learned the secrets of bronze working! It was decided in the turn thread that alphabet is the way to go, since it looks more and more like we are on an island. At the current rate, we will know our ABCs in 30 turns, or 1500 years!

Not much else new...

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 107
IF their is a landbridge, we should try to settle up their ASAP so the other civs have to go after Map Making to get by us ;)

Originally posted by WildFire444
IF their is a landbridge, we should try to settle up their ASAP so the other civs have to go after Map Making to get by us ;)
... or build lots of swordsmen to get through us....

I suggest we begin moving that northernmost warrior back to the west immediately, if not sooner. Let the southernmost warrior continue to map out the eastern coastline.

Looking at this screenie makes it painfully obvious to me that we have been extremely lucky up until now. Our only city is undefended. The two warriors that we have are both exploring the same area of land to the east and neither could return home quickly enough to offer any defense in the event of a rival civ appearing on the horizon.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: These are not the AI we're up against! They are human and we will not be able to buy peace unless it is in their interests to allow us to live!

One rival warrior appearing within four squares (even though we couldn't see him that far away) of our home city and we're done for. Neither of our warriors can return home in time. The only way to avoid elimination would be to immediately switch production of the settler to a spear, resulting in a tragic loss of shields and a considerable delay in establishing our next city.

I, for one, hope that we are on an island (as difficult as that would be to overcome in this type of game), just so that we don't end up getting ourselves killed off before 10AD.

<><><>

Just a little something to make you sleep a little more uneasy tonight...

There may already be an enemy unit within striking distance of our only, totally undefended, home city and we wouldn't know about it until it's too late....

IF their is a landbridge, we should try to settle up their ASAP so the other civs have to go after Map Making to get by us

I agree ,i suggested to place our second city in the river region in the first place since it would be more strategical in claiming land ,rather than the south wich seems less interresting in general at the moment.

Looking at this screenie makes it painfully obvious to me that we have been extremely lucky up until now. Our only city is undefended. The two warriors that we have are both exploring the same area of land to the east and neither could return home quickly enough to offer any defense in the event of a rival civ appearing on the horizon.

Make's me shiver to ,one invading warior to the north and our civ is practicly history ,man what failure that would be.We would be the laughing stock of all the civcommunities. :rolleyes:

I, for one, hope that we are on an island (as difficult as that would be to overcome in this type of game), just so that we don't end up getting ourselves killed off before 10AD.

I hope a Big island ,withought any rival civ on it ,but i rather expect it the other way around.

Why Alphabet? We need Iron Working for swords. Like 40J said, this isn't an AI game! We're playing against other PLAYERS. Peace means NOTHING. We're wasting a shield on the settler - I -told- you we should have defended it with a warrior. Switch to a spear now, and we'll be BEHIND in expansion!

This is getting messy.

I think we should send the closest warrior back to the city, and after the settler build a warrior, then a spearman. This is getting kinda dangerous, but taking a risk like this so we can get a city ASAP is almost worth it. It is still too risky.

Top Bottom