Turn 36

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Turn 36 has been received. I won't be able to get to it until at least 8pm tonight (Arizona). We have until 8:48 am tomorrow (Arizona). If we're going to suggest a trade this turn, let's feel out MIA and see what they think. :)

Perhaps we'll need an extension. We have contact with Persia now.

errrm, we do not have one unit that could reach cruller to stop TNT warrior, we need to contact now to make an arrangement, get an extension if needed, this could be a major problem.

I have put together quickly a letter to send off to tnt, tell me if you think its needs to say anything else, i can then send it off asap.

To the fine people of TNT,

Welcome and greetings from the people of Doughnutia. We have spotted a fine band of your warriors just outside of our town, Cruller. We would like to sit down with us so we can learn more about each others cultures. Also we are looking forward to beginning trade talks as we have many fine technologies in our possession, as have you no doubt. We would like you to respond with haste to this message as we would like to have a deal sorted out before we need to send the turn on.

Finally we hope this will be the start of a long and fruitful relationship between our two great civilisations.

Sincerely

Robi D

Representative of Team Doughnut

Presumably they have no way of knowing we don't have units nearby. I don't think they'd take the risk.

Can we try to do a double-writing trade? Both at once?

Lets send the turn on and get info on what Persia has for next turn.

DaveShack said:
I like it, nice and positive. Hope they're not in the mood to play the dagger strategy. :eek:

Hope so to, since crullers wide open (cant even pop rush in time) I would ask during negotiations as an act of good faith not to enter our borders, but ala in all we are going to have to bluff a bit on this one

Edit- I have sent the message to tnt.

killercane said:
Lets send the turn on and get info on what Persia has for next turn.

They have us over a barrel at the moment, we need to talk to them this turn.

quick comments:

1. If they attack, we cannot help it. It is not in their long interest however, the tech situation seems to indicate that they haven't met anyone yet. So let's hope, and make sure not to sound scared in communications with them. It wouldn't hurt to move a warrior up there, just in case.

2. Persia has Masonry and IW available, we can offer Alpha. I think we should try to get Masonry for Alpha, then offer Masonry to Greeks for Wheel. It doesn't look like Persia has a lot to offer for Writing yet (only IW).

3. We need to pop our huts soon.

@zyxy

1. i agree, they don't know we can't defend cruller, so we don't want to give them ideas. In trade negotiations i would bring up that as a show of good faith that they respect our borders.

2. I would be happy with either masonry or IW for alpha. Do they have pottery?

3 Yes, especially the one in the NE.

turn 36, before we have made any moves

They have us over a barrel at the moment, we need to talk to them this turn.
They dont know that. They will want our techs first at least. When they come they'll come in force.

Turnplayer, do we have "cancel worker actions" turned off in the preferences?

Robi D said:
@zyxy

2. I would be happy with either masonry or IW for alpha. Do they have pottery?

They have pottery, BW, IW and Masonry. Means we can offer alpha, they can offer IW or Masonry. I would prefer Masonry as it can be traded to Greece, but IW isn't bad either.

zyxy said:
They have pottery, BW, IW and Masonry. Means we can offer alpha, they can offer IW or Masonry. I would prefer Masonry as it can be traded to Greece, but IW isn't bad either.

I was thinking, if we could get MIA to trade WC/CB/wheel for writing, then we could try to trade wheel/alpha for mason/IW, but that would depend on if MIA were willing to do that in the first place.

This is bad. We must be cautious and NOT let them know our city is undefended. We must hide it for three turns or send reinfocements. Now, we are alone with team TNT. We must think about mounted warriors as soon as possible.

Top Bottom