Turn 40

zyxy

Warmongering Fool
We're a bit over time so I'll play this one. But first, a big :thanx: to DaveShack for guiding us through the first forty turns! :thumbsup: :clap: :band:

Report:

Turn 40, 2200 BC. Shelby trained warrior, do another one. Persia is next to the goodie hut, better that we pop it I think. We received 25 gold from the Anasazi tribe, how nice!
Do we want to pop the other huts too? I can't recall, so I'll leave them for now, warriors are trekking North.
The settler seems on his way to refound Cruller, so he goes NW, together with a warrior and a worker. The worker can build a road for better troop movement. Better late than never :D.
Curraghs move on, but nothing new. MM Springfield for more growth and gold, see next posts.
Our military is strong compared to Persia and Greece! We are paying some support cost, but not for long.

Our team needs to make the following decisions:
1. Where do we settle?
2. What should Springfield build? spear or settler?
3. What should our research be? We are currently doing republic, at max (more or less). Continue this?
4. Pop anymore huts?

Our homeland:

Attachments

• MTDG 2200BC status.JPG
    MTDG 2200BC status.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 83
Welcome to zyxy's school of micromanagement!

(apologies if I am explaining the obvious.)

Let's have a look at Springfield. At the start of the turn it was like this:

Attachments

• Springfield 2200BC before.JPG
    Springfield 2200BC before.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 115
We have 9 shields in the box for the spear, and will make another 9 this turn. Playing around a bit quickly shows that you cannot get more shields per turn than this, so the spear will finish in 2 turns at the earliest. If we leave things as they are, then we'll get 9+9+9 = 27 shields in 2 turns, wasting 7 shields.
So let's make some changes to lower shield output and increase food and gold. In the figure below I have switched the citizens on the forests to the fish and the wines. We now make 6 shields and will still do the spear in 2 turns. But we also make 5 surplus food per turn instead of 3, so the city grows every two turns instead of every four. As an added bonus, our gold output has gone up as well, by 4 gpt :).

Let's look a bit further into the future. The red dots show the food and shields we'll gain on the coming interturn. On the next turn (turn 41), we are still making 5 surplus food as shown in purple, and so the city will grow. The auto-governor will place the extra citizen on the forest in the purple box, and we will get the shields (but not the food or gold) on turn 41. So we will make 6+2 = 8 shields on this turn, as shown in purple. This means that the shieldbox gets to 23 shields, overshooting the spear by 3 shields.

What if we change the spear to a settler? To finish it on the interturn after turn 42 we need another 7 shields to get to 30. As we are making 8 shields per turn, this seems ok, but we are making only 4 surplus food on turn 42 (the extra citizen working the forest eats 1 more than he makes). This means that Springfield will lose the nice grow-in-two-turns property. The only way (*) to save that would be to have a square that will do 2 food and 1 shield per turn, then the forestworker could go there, and we would be at 5 food surplus and 7 shields per turn. Currently we do not have such a tile. Our worker is busy improving the grass tile but he will not finish the mine in time.

(*) There is actually another way, using the wheat tile, but it gets a bit complicated.

Attachments

• Springfield 2200BC after.JPG
    Springfield 2200BC after.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom