Turn Chat - 1375 A.D. - Tuesday, March 11 (7:00 PM EST, 12:00 AM GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Previous Turn Chat Thread

Current Save - 1375 A.D.

Cartographic Office

A few notes...

A. First, I apoligize for getting this up late.

B. I won't be able to play this chat. My mother is in St. Louis for surgery, and I am staying at a cousin's house. While they do have an internet connection (a faster one than mine :eek: ), there isn't copy of CivIII I can use.

C. Governors, don't forget worker priority/earmarking, and make note is the queue you post is current or not.

D. GL usuage: We can all agree that Hengest should build an Army. He can reach Nagasaki this turn, so turn him into on the preturn.

E. Workers - Finish the rail line to Ise, than get one of the worker stacks, along with a rilfe or two, to connect Uruk. The others are free to make other improvements around Fanatika (especially those pollution spots - get those clean ASAP)

So much for short notes...

Bangalore- worker (C) (4), courthouse (80), aqueduct (100), Barracks (20)

I will request a rush on the courthouse later.

I would like the worker to clear the jungle directly one square east of Bangalore, once the worker is produced. Then mine it. Then clear the jungle one square NE of Bangalore.

Instructions for Quellewasser Province

Continue with the program as previously detailed. I should be on the TC in case something needs to be added. Since only one worker has been assigned to the province, I won't trouble to go into detail on improvements. However, I would urgently request at least five more as soon as they can be spared, with improvements emphasizing food supply and population growth.

All of the rushes below have already been approved by the budget office.

Nagasaki (Grüner Hügel – “Green Hill”)
------ Queue: courthouse - granary - marketplace. rush on second turn. as funds allow, for each improvement.

Larsa (Schönverläss – “Beautiful Leaves”)
------ Queue: factory, probably followed by a hospital by the time the factory is finished.
------ Garrison: 2 rifles mandatory, 1 cannon as available.

Pune (Zwischenholz – “Between the Woodlands”)
------ Queue: granary – marketplace.
------ Garrison: 1 rifleman. Feel free to remove other units to someplace more threatened.

Jaipur (Rassenblume -- “Vale of Flowers”)
------ Queue: courthouse – temple – granary – marketplace.
------ Garrison: 2 riflemen, 1 cannon as soon as available.

Fukushima (Gebirgssenke – “Mountain Vale”)
------ Queue: temple -- marketplace.
------ Garrison: none needed, so feel free to remove units. The Mount Plexenburg railroad tunnel should be garrisoned as long as the Iroquois have a city nearby.

Chittagong (Hohenweisse – “High Waters”) –
------ Queue: temple -- marketplace.
------ Garrison: none needed. Please remove troops to somewhere near the fighting front.

Speaking as Deputy Military Commander, a quick survey suggests to me that a third of our army, if not more, is stationed in cities under no concievable threat from foreign forces. 107 riflemen ought to be enough. More than enough, in fact, and our production can most efficiently be turned towards artillery and extra cavalry for assaulting cities.

Langrave Feodor Ardent of Quellewasser
Deputy Minister for Military Affairs
Colonel General of the Fanatiker-Heer
Major General of Volunteers
Master Emeritas of the Guilds Textile

(Just hit 300 posts, so I think I win a cookie.)

Military Unit Production: The Military representative in the chat has permission to swap to cannons when a rifle or cavalry comes up in a queue so long as no shields are wasted.

Top 3 worker priority list
1) Kuhkaff - RR grassland 1 tile N of city
2) Kuhkaff - RR grassland 2 tiles NE of city
3) Kuhkaff - Irrigate grassland 2 tiles NE of city

Worker priority list exceptions
1) You may always clean up polution before working on provincial development.
2) If development in an unroaded tile is specified you may always road the tile before doing an improvment there.

City Lists

Kuhkaff
Queue: Army (6), Army (9)
Improvements: Grassland 1 tile N of city needs RR. Grassland 2 tiles NE needs Irrigation, road.
Population assignments: When food begins accumulating again, remove pop from unimproved grassland and put on mined mountain.

Bavaria
Special: Growth in 9 turns. Bavaria must use the game tile east of the city when population increases to 12.
New Queue: Temple (2), Cannon (2), Colosseum (4), Cannon (2), Cathedral (5)
Improvements Needed: Railroad & Mine on hills 1 tile south of city.

Valhalla
New Queue: Cavalry (1), cannon (2), cannon (2), cannon (2), cannon (2), cannon (2)
Improvements: None needed at this time.

Naerva
New Queue: Cathedral (5), Cavalry (4), Rifleman (4), Cannon (2)
Improvements: Iron hills 1 tile north needs RR, Game tile 2 SW of city needs road.

Gunningheim
Queue: Rifle (3), University (8), Rifle (6), Cathedral (12)
Improvements: Irrigated grassland 2 tiles SW needs RR (will allow growth),

Androbius
Queue: Rifle (8), Temple (6)
Impovements: Cow tile E needs RR. Mined grassland 1 tile SE needs RR.
POP Assignments: Remove pop from RR irrigated tile S and put on unimproved grassland 2 tiles E.

Starke
Queue: Marketplace (10), Factory (24)
Improvements: Both Grasslands 1 tile from city need irrigation and RR, Saltpeter hills 1 tile S needs mine and RR.

Jedina
Queue: Worker (4), Library (14)
Improvements: Forest needed on Railroaded tile 1 S. RR needed on mined hills.
Earmark task: Irrigate grassland 1 tile from Starke.

Columbia
Queue: Worker (5), Worker (5)
Improvements: None needed at this time
Earmark task: RR saltpeter hill 1 tile south of Starke.

Dapperdan
New Queue: Worker (10), Worker (10)
Improvements: Mine and RR hills 1 tile E. RR iron hills 2 tiles E
Earmark task: Irrigate grassland 1 tile from Starke.

Worker Priority List:
1. Clean up pollution near Tlaxcala!
2. Mine the hills SE of Eklektochtitlan
3. and... Clean up pollution near Tlaxcala! :)

City Management (changes are underlined):
Please pay special attention to Civanatoria...
Code:
[b]PreTurn[/b]

[b]Bremershaven[/b] - Cannon (1)
    [i]We need more roads and Railroads here...[/i]
[b]Pensacola[/b] - Rifleman (2), Rifleman (4), [u]Granary (3), Rifleman (4)[/u]
    [i]ie. current rifle, then one more, then Granary, then back to Rifles...[/i]
[b]Tlaxcala[/b] - Cannon (1)
    [i]Clear the queue... But keep building Cannons for the moment
    Ack!  Pollution!  Please clean it up ASAP.[/i]
[b]Eklektochtitlan[/b] - Bank (18), Cannon (5)
    [i]Please mine the hills between Ek & New PDX[/i]
[b]Cuernavaca[/b] - Factory (8), Courthouse (7), Rifleman (7)
    [i]---[/i]
[b]Civanatoria[/b] - Granary (1), Factory (18), Rifleman (6)
    [i]see instructions for Turn 1...[/i]
[b]New Falcon's Nest[/b] - Courthouse (1), Rifleman (8)
    [i]Please RR the irrigated tiles nearby so this city can grow.[/i]
[b]Nocsfiedera[/b] - Marketplace (14), University (17), Cannon (7)
    [i]Please irrigate some grasslands and add RRs.[/i]
[b]Izibia[/b] - Rifleman (12), University (15), Cannon (6)
    [i]Please RR the mines N and S,SW of town.[/i]

[b]Turn 1[/b]

[b]Civanatoria[/b] - Factory (18), Rifleman (6)
    [i]After Granary is built (ie. Turn 1), move the laborer from the
    forest (1/2/0) to the roaded & irrigated plains (2/1/1).[/i]

The South Doughnut Coast

No worker action as of yet... funny how I pushed for the eartagging idea and I have yet to make use of it :D but I ramble... Continue with the build queue and add a rifleman to the end of the queue for both cities (Padmativa & Leningrado). Thanks

EA

Hafen Land Instructions Build Queues (Changes in Green):

Kyoto: Cathedral (4), Colosseum, Granary, Military Units (Cannons or Riflemen)
Plexenburg: Cathedral (3), Courthouse, Colosseum, Cannon, Cannon
Kells: Cathedral (1), Colosseum, Granary, Military Units (Cannons or Riflemen)
Leckopolis: Marketplace (8), Factory, University, Courthouse

Please continue to develop Hafen Land in all ways. Especially I would like the area around Leckopolis to be irrigated.

Foreign Affairs

Since only one turn was played, the FA instructions remain the same:

Please attempt to place spies in Persia and Babylon as soon as the Intelligence Agency is built. The costs have been approved by the domestic leader. However, if the first attempt fails, do not try another without further approval from the domestic department. The FA ministry, however, gives approval for one attempt per turn to place a spy in Persia or Babylon until successful, subject to the approval of the domestic department.

Trade

Again, not much, since we only played a turn.

Turn 4 - Dyes deal with Greece runs out - don't renegotiate unless they ask

Sorry guys, but i won't be here until at LEAST 8:45 tonight... But for the DP: PLEASE start at least ONE of the improvements! They weren't even started in the last 2 turnchats! But enough begging.

Bombay - Courthouse - Cannon - Cannon (same)

Calcutta - Courthouse - Cannon - Cannon (same)

Lahore - Cannon - Cannon - Cannon

Minas Alcar - Worker - Worker - Cannon

Improvements - 1) Mine a hill NW of Calcutta. 2&3) Road and mine a hill near Minas Alcar OR Mine the mountain NW of Minas Alcar.

Thank you for your time, even though I may gripe. :D

Deputy Governor of Taliesin:

Morgana: Bank(8), Temple(4)

Micromanagement: Place the game and unworked hill laborers in the coast.

Strider's Haven: Cavalry(2), Cannon(2), Cannon(2), Cannon(2), Cannon/Artillery

The Burrow: Cathedral(5), Granary(2), Cannon(2), Cannon/Artillery

Micromanagement - Place the worked tile 1 E of The Burrow onto the roaded forest 1 W and NW of The Burrow.

Palanthus: Worker(2), Factory(40)

Earmark: Have the worker build a road, rail and mine 1 NW then W of Dacula on the unroaded plains.

Dacula: Keep current queue

Gooniedom: Keep current queue

Penguin: Keep current queue

New PDX: Keep current queue

The Highlands: Keep current queue

Tarkingrad: Keep current queue

Priority list:

1 - Mine the Morgana hills, and deforest the forest tiles 1 east, and the tile 1E, 1S of the city. They need rails and irragation for the mountains. There's also another grassland tile that needs irragation and railroads.

Military Department

Defend the captured city. Fend off any Bab attacks.

Serenity
Cannon (2), Cannon (2)
List priority 1. Mine the hill with the horse on it.
List priority 3. Mine the mountain west of Serenity.

Zorgonzolia
Temple, Marketplace , Worker

Octavanium
Factory , Cannon

Sturmandrang
Courthouse

Huntington
Settler , Settler , Settler
List priority 2. Mine the gold. Note: This project has been started

Grandmastoria
Courthouse

Ganges
Harbour

Hyderabad
Granary

Trader's Inn
Worker , Worker , Worker
All workers are to help with old earmaking tasks. Which is at the DP's discretin.

Old Earmarking instructions Waiting Completion
Emarked Worker 1. Irrigate to the south west of Serentity.
Emarked Worker 2. Please mine the coal outside Ganges
Earmarked Worker 3. Road the Saltpeter.
Earmarked Worker 4. Mine the Saltpeter.

Since I am the DP tonight. I will be posting the saves here :).

Pre-turn: 1375AD

Turn 5: 1400AD

Turn 10: 1425AD

Chat Log

Summary:
We have Discovered Replaceable Parts and started to produce Artilleries and Infantry. We have captured two main Bab Cities. Ashur and Lagash. As Military Leader, I am going to request to the Domestic Department to set asside Money for upgrades. The main consern that I have is the newly captured city of Lagash which is prone to Culture Flip back to the Babs. I am also Proud to adnounce that we have reached our 10 turn mark since the last time I could remember.

Congrats, CG!

10 turns in one session is fine but only when they are handled correctly. The instructions for the North Province were not followed. Instead of Bavaria being a size 12 powerhouse it is size 10 and starving. The cathedral of Naerva, vital to the cultural assault of Denver, was not completed. In fact, it was removed entirely from the build queue!! While there are desperately necessary land improvements all over, 12 workers are now building mines on the MAG/NP border mountains that cannot be used by any city.

I sincerely hope that this chat was an abberation because I am seriously fuming right now.

Shaitan,

I am terably Sorry about what happened, I made sure I doubled Check The queues. About Bavaria, I could not find a sutable means to keep it producing food. As I said before I am terribly sorry at what happened. the 12 workers have complreated there jobs, but I had no where to put the to work. (I also have some of them working on cleaning up any pollution that arises). As I said before I am extreamly sorry at what happened :(. Right now Chieftess and 40J are helping me train to be a better DP. and I assume that this is not a good time to ask for advice :(.

Extreamly Sorry :(,
CivGeneral.

@CG - That's why I put instructions in there on how to keep the city fed. The game tile was to be reclaimed from Morgana.
Bavaria
Special: Growth in 9 turns. Bavaria must use the game tile east of the city when population increases to 12.
There is also an irrigated, railroaded grassland available right now (4 food) while an unimproved hill and an unimproved mountain (1 food total) are being worked. The city is poised to starve down to size 9 next turn despite bountiful food being available.

What happened to Naerva's cathedral? It was removed from the build queue. That sets the culture assault on Denver back more than 10 full turns.

:cringe: D'oh. Great now I need to retaike the DP Course :cringe:. I seriously need to work on my DP skills :(. ( and I still assume it is a bad time to ask for any advice on how to be a better DP :( )

CivGeneral gives himself 20 :smoke: (CT should know )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom