• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Turn Discussion Thread

A proposal for worker on Bode the next turns
HH s at forest to raod or SE to farm
LP (I 've break the mining) and AS goes SE, next turn both worker road, in 3 turns the settler is ready in Sir and goes to ferry in 4 turns (when the worker has finished th roads the settler can go direction of blub 3 (for me the next city tile) found the town in 5. turn. the worker can mine the tile of LP, and break so that they can mine the other roaded tile for Blub 3.

Spoiler :

btw I would change the job in Can to missios (in AC after the WE), we need one in Arc and Beta, additional for the new towns

Attachments

• Sir 600 Bode.JPG
    Sir 600 Bode.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 99
We're in turn 620, I believe Slaze took his turn but didn't hit end turn.

I've been wanting to move that stack next to Beta over to Procyon's southern culture border. To ensure none of the Mav spoke forces surprise us. Maybe we should even consider attacking those city's.

Yamato and Nobody are now blockading Mav island from the spoke cities. Mariner is free to move after dropping off the spy last turn. Though I'm hesitant because I want to ensure no more Galley movements from the Mavericks. Excalibur is also on the way over to the area to further bolster our Navy.

Vega and Arcturus completed their builds and I put workers in since we are in dire need of workers, Procyon's land is very underdeveloped as is Vega's. Considering were about to settle another city there as well. Archnar I wasn't sure what to put in, so I put a Lighthouse to get more food from the clams. Unless someone has a better idea.

There is no combat chance with a stack against them. Mav has enough cats to destroy every stack, if bigger than only better for them.
Best let the units on our land.

What is our most important goal now, few ideas:
a. research natio and build Taj
b. wait of guilds to build knights
c. improve our land
d. found more cities

I 've made a plan for BC

in Procyon I would build a market or lib, if we don't want to fight the next turns commerce-buildings are better; we 've there a lot of jungle to build cottages next.

a market can be whipped in 5-6 turns for 2 cits with some overlay. I 've changed to this.

There is no combat chance with a stack against them. Mav has enough cats to destroy every stack, if bigger than only better for them.
Best let the units on our land.

What is our most important goal now, few ideas:
a. research natio and build Taj
b. wait of guilds to build knights
c. improve our land
d. found more cities

I'll agree with AlphaShard: C and D. Once we have more cities and improvements, we can build more units. And it seems to me that we can do B at the same time. (caveat: I have not logged into the game in a while, and this is based on the recent turn reports).

Fell free to log in and check things out. :)

I see we build a settler in Can, that is good, I 've changed the working of gold between Can and AC so that both produce optimal (0 mod 4) :hammers:.
In Betei changed so that the lh is finished this turn (it cost an additional :hammers:, but I think it's better).

The ferry should be wait for the settler (build in Sir next turn) and not take the 2. WE. The ferry must schedule exact to take first one settler to Bode and 2 turns later the next to the founding tile.

Which tiles we want found the next cities? Blub3 (I think it's clear) and Blub2 or the whale city at Bode (if this, at least 1 HA should go at Vega)

Worker this turn
At Anjen
Cave 79 (Numpad) t green and ws and break, (next turn 6 and cottage)
Husch 9and WS
at SOL
TC goes south, next turn cottage the last tile at Sirius
Tech/Pindi mine

Do you guys want to sabotage the Iron on Maverick Island?

Also are we teching Nationalism now?

Do you guys want to sabotage the Iron on Maverick Island?

If we are blockading and not intending to invade soon, I would say no, since they could easily replacement the improvement, it would only briefly interrupt unit building, and it would give away our espionage activity. I would only sabotage when we are about to attack, and want to prevent them from whipping additional units.

Also are we teching Nationalism now?

I'm not certain what the plan is, but I would vote "yes".

So, I've been having some thoughts about our situation.

I recently read through Sulla's writeup of Realms Beyond Pitboss #2. In this, among many other things that happened, Sulla and Speaker fought off a 5-on-1 dogpile at close to tech parity, taking very little damage, and went on to basically win the game. Our and Quatronia's recent attempts to take on Mavericks on their home island remind me of this to a smaller extent. It's made me realise something: While being outproduced and outnumbered is a good way to lose in the long run, outproducing and outnumbering your opponent is a long way from being a surefire way to win an aggressive war against them.

We don't have an era's worth of tech lead against them at the moment. They have a decent counter to any unit we can send at them. Progress can be made, but it's slow, difficult and expensive.

So, here's what I think we should be doing at the moment. I'll admit some of it is inconsitent with things I've said in the past.

First, we need to spurn the ETTT into action. We want to win this war with a proper tech lead, and I now think that means something like Rifles and/or Cannons, which they really won't have any answer to. The ETTT can get there quickly if all the teams actually start researching again.

This comes with the cost of sharing our technology at a poor exchange rate once again, although at least before we do we're going to demand less spongeing. It'll still likely end up a poor deal still on paper but I still think the alternatives are worse. Otherwise we either at the very least give up what is an undeniably favourable 4 vs 2 situation, or keep the status quo where we're not researching much and neither is anyone else and the whole thing is stagnating and we're getting nowhere.

Spongeing or not, we're in a good position out of it. Quatronia might have wasted time cash upgrading warriors to maces, but then they seemed to lose them all in a failed attack on Mavericks, so it's not like they're ahead. Amazon may be teching slowly but they're also bearing the brunt of M&M's military. We're controlling one and a half spokes, and that's at least as much as anyone else is.

Secondly, we want to set ourselves up for modern-age research strength and development. At this rate, the game is going to be modern-age before the ETTT breaks up, so that's what we're primarily aiming for.

We still have quite a bit of land available. We need enough of a military to protect it, but otherwise we should be expanding and developing infrastructure as much as possible. So, workers and settlers now, infrastructure next, while maintaining enough of a military to defend but now worrying about trying to attack. If we want to be a modern-age powerhouse, I think mature cottages are the tile improvement of choice. We can spend what will be the ETTT time growing them, ready to outpace everyone once we break away from it. Personally I think practically every grassland on Ajennida and Sol should be cottaged and the rest farmed, and forget workshops other than some short term micro uses to speed up infrastructure (and the whip should still be better for that anyway).

Anyway, these are just my opinions, and not all of them relate to each other. I admit I'm a little out of touch with the details of the game, but my only main assumption is that broadly the ETTT teams are getting nowhere fast at the moment.

Currently Merlot has been beaten back to their Island by Amazon and CDZ.

We are currently teching again for Nationalism.

Merlot never really left the island though. I mean, they did, they settled a fair few cities. But the Merlot cities were always being harassed and at war with Amazon from the beginning. They never had a solid presence on any of the spokes the way Mavericks seem to now. That's my impression anyway.

Nice to see that Irgy has about my same thoughts about settler/workers and development. With the current techs we haven't a clear advantage on single units and an advantage in numbers is almost impossible for an overseas invasion.

A strategy which can work is cannons+muskets+knights.

Cannons are powerful enough to have no counters until Cavalry, so they are good for offense and defense. If we manage to take Steel from Lib, build in the meantime a lot of Trebs (cheap to upgrade) we can probably have a good time window to harrass any enemy we choose.

This brings another topic: while i agree to extend our alliance with Amazon, i'm still thinking that we need to say goodbye to the other ETT members before we have the next tech.

In the meantime we develop our land and cities, we build some units for defense and a good number of EI.

I have an idea how to say good bye to Quats at least, tell CDZ and Amazon about the Theatre's Quat built on the CDZ/Quat spoke. Clearly they are antagonizing CDZ. I got screen caps of them and obviously we can take caps of them inside the city. Though 4 turns from now when Pulsar Platue culture pops CDZ may notice what's happened.

As much as I'd like to say goodbye to Quatronia as well, I ask you if we do, where are they going to turn? If we turn the ETTT into Amazon, CDZ and ourselves then we're going to find Quatronia working with M&M sooner or later. I don't think that's something we want.

We could try and restructure the ETTT teams into two separate north and south tech blocks, but I expect Amazon won't want to split with CDZ, and I'm not really sure the wisdom of doing that either.

Quatronia may be useless spongers, but I'd rather they were spongeing off us than helping M&M. There's nothing to stop us being a little forceful though in demanding they start contributing some actual research.

I agree with BLubmuz's cannons, knights, muskets plan, as well as the idea of getting Steeel from Liberalism. Steel is a good choice for Liberalism anyway, as it's an unusually expensive tech compared to its pre-requisites.

I might consider the following order of events though:
* Research most of the way to Steel.
* Dump Quatronia from the ETTT.
* Finish Chemisty (was nearly finished) next turn. Or even Amazon/CDZ finish Chemistry.
* Amazon and CDZ also finish a tech that turn (not sure which).
* Finish Liberalism (pre-researched) the turn after.
* Take Steel from Liberalism.
* Rush out / upgrade to cannons to add to an existing Musket/Knight force.
* Smack Mavericks hard and fast.

Either way I think we should finish Nationalism (since we're most of the way through it) and get Education next to start setting up our late game research.

If we're agreed to it as a course of action, we should send a message to the ETTT to try and get everybody else's research back on track. If we're agreed to dumping Quatronia later as a course of action we should send a message to CDZ to make sure they're onboard.

Looks like Quat have decided to attack Poison city on the spoke.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 124
Quat have decided to attack Poison city on the spoke
finally they see, that is the only way, nearer of their home.

Irgy
I agree with your posts above, also with the solution, we need a better understanding about the ETT. And also I think we need a agreement with Ama about building libs everywhere.

Alpha
We get nothing from a dissens between CDZ and Quat. The last we need is a connection/goodwill between Quat and Mav from our diplomacy.
btw
CDZ can see the theatre in the Quat cities, if they look at it.

For the turn
I vote for another worker in Arc, buildings only until if our reli is their.
I would like to get our stone back and build in Sirius walls/fort for +1 TW for 50 netto :hammers:, in the moment we give them to Quat. Another idea is market in Sirius not a next EI. I would like in the moment another EI in our ocean, but in few turns there is no reason for it. We don't build many units now. So also no barracks or stables only libs first and then market (in Anjen we need a agreement).

worker
at SOL
Toch goes at forest near AC
at Bode
LP and Alpha mine the tile of LP
the worker from Vega goes at hill south of Arc
the worker from Arc goes at roaded jungle south of Procyon and chop (a guard from Procyon goes with him)

I wouldn't push the research, because after researching natio we want to build Taj for this we need our marble back (deal canceled in 8 turns). Also it's good to 've prosper cities at GA.

btw
is at clear that we research nation in ETT or can Ama /CDZ researching this also. What does the diplo know about it?

Which tiles we want found the next cities? Blub3 (I think it's clear) and Blub2 or the whale city at Bode (if this, at least 1 HA should go at Vega)
There is no answer about the next after Blub3.

What a bunch of moochers! They've had that stone for WAY then one more turn. Consider our stone back.

Husch can you explain in more detail how exactly CDZ can see Quat building Theatre's if their espionage points are being used on us instead of Quat?

I wanted the Vega worker (now named Azzaman per the player list) to develop tiles around Vega, putting down WS on the plains and farming the grassland tiles.

We have six city sites posted in game, Bulb2 & 3, Whales City, Spire City, Future City and Filler City.

So here would be my priority of settling:

Blub2 (to bolster the defense of the spoke against any Maverick attack)
Bulb3
Whales City
Future City
Spire City
Filler City

(We will be using star names, I'm just using the signs as references)

Top Bottom