Turn Discussion

This is going to be a long post, and probably go very off topic, but whatever...

You talking about tech hiding? That'd be because it was never illegal, so calling it impropriety belies your biases. ;)

You paraphrased what I said previously...

Best not figure that out until all of the teams are assembled and the teams can decide what they want to play. That's the easiest way of attracting attention and players to the game.

Unfairness: disproportionate; undue; beyond what is proper or fitting, which an example of which could be the tech hiding? I don't think anyone quit after that, so that doesn;t really hold water.

Cheating: to violate rules or regulations.

Is there a difference between following the rules exactly to the letter, and not following the rules?

MP games in CIV rely on trust. If someone is deemed by a community to untrustworthy they are normally banished from playing MP. There is an example of a player on Apolyton who cheated by having a double login on another demogame team, and he was banned from all future demogames. Cheating is something that is taken very seriously.

Not comparable. Consdier the time frame for one.

Cite? I'm interested in this stuff, and I know US law is different to UK law. I'm pretty sure the point you make isn't valid under UK law. Check this out if you are interested.

I think everyone can say straight up that they'll take everything said in the private forums with a pinch of salt?

It's been done before (Poly used this method from the very start). It didn't work 100% over there though, what happened was that players started to stick to groups from old demogames, never splitting up. Ultimately some teams just shrivelled to a few players, had few new joiners and made alliances along the same lines of previous games. It's not much different to forming teams as was done here.

LOL. Now Krill is getting a taste of what I (feel like I) spent half my time doing in this game :lol:

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing.

So here is a question, do pointless arguments bedats such as this increase or decrease participation?
TBH pointless arguments were a part of the reason I got fed up eventually (I think same was true for Indiansmoke) but then again our team did seem to be the most active in the end?

You talking about tech hiding? That'd be because it was never illegal, so calling it impropriety belies your biases. ;)
Hoho, it's very interesting reading the internal debate in SANCTA's forums about this whole debate.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=324566

Seems there were plenty of people in SANCTA who also thought it was a dodgy tactic.

Btw totally right about the timing of the complaint being no coincidence. I didn't think anyone would want to use such a tactic, and hence didn't mention it before, but when I realised the tactic was being used, I brought it up. (don't see what's so strange about that tbh)

It's also ironic that Kaz stopped working the gold tile after pressing enter as well early on.

yeah, but we decided that was cheesey so stopped doing so.

First off...I am really enjoying reading these forums... woweee:eek:... It’s almost like traveling back in time to witness the pyramids being built (literally…sort of:))...

Second, a couple things are clear... just from what I have read so far...

1. Team Kaz was the most hated, mistrusted, despised team... almost right from the start. SANCTA was certainly most respected/feared (and justifiably so), but Kaz was just out-and-out despised (whether deservedly or not) by everybody, almost from the beginning... including our allies... Some of that was our fault... Some of it was MY fault... and some of it was just imbedded bias, for apparently no reason, or maybe because of stuff in prior games... :confused:

2. Team Kaz was also the most grasping, contentious, scheming, petty, in-fighting, cloak-and-dagger, hyper-competitive group of ALL the teams. We fought about just about EVERYTHING, and we fought almost non-stop (alot of that was at least partially my fault). We definitely had WAAAAYY more disagreement on our team than ANY other team. However, in our defense, I will say that after looking at all the other forums, I would definitely pick team Kaz again if I had it to do all over again. Our forum had the most activity and I bet we had the most fun!:D (at least I did:)).

3. Being turnplayer is very time consuming and frustrating especially with your team- mates second guessing and criticizing your every move. I did not learn this until the end (when I was playing turns)... And so I owe a big debt of Thanks, and an apology to Kaleb, who played most of our turns. I think I already apologized in our team forum, but he still seems a little cross so another can't hurt:). Indeed... all the turnplayers deserve a round of applause :clap:... The job is MUCH harder than it looks.

4. Most importantly (to me at least:) and probably most obviously, I personally was probably one of… if not THE most obnoxious, antagonistic, fight-starting, rabble-rousing, enigmatic, instigating, all-around pain-in-the you-know-what of ANY player on ANY team... I should probably get an award :trophy: or something (a joke:(). I can certainly understand in none of my team-mates ever want to be on a team with me again. All I can say in my defense is that my heart was in the right place.:love: Looking forward to the next game :goodjob:

LOL. We kind of had a love-hate relationship didn't we Sommers? haha

and yeah I think our team was the most ragamuffin of all teams. other teams seemed to be formed of people who knew each other whereas our team was a mix of some experience and very little experience but lots of opinion from both. It made decision making very difficult and if other teams found it frustrating negotiating with us imagine what it was like being IN our team!

Oh and thanks for the apology Sommers - will be interesting to play another game with you but perhaps not on the same team ;)

So to re-cap... War starts, combat ensues, people don't like combat results, allegations are made, Memphus quits, Auto and azzaman quit in solidarity. If War had never started, there would have been no combat results to make allegations about... That is what we need to address in the new game. Minimizing out-of-game collapse that results from in-game Wars.

For what it's worth - I had no idea we were losing the war when I said we should quit.

If someone want to know, where do the ressources be, look here
PW for all teams is "1"

Attachments

• All ressources-1330.CivBeyondSwordSave
    284.5 KB · Views: 274
Top Bottom