Turn vs Month Based Terms

Do you want terms based on months or turns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alphawolf said:
I think we'll probably just stay with months, since from what I gather that is how's it's been done, and at the moment the majority is for it.

-the Wolf

This is a historical moment, Alpha: I disagree with you for the first time so far! :D

I think the majority is for it, because there isn't an alternative mentioned like "mixed"... Mixed like here:

Originally Posted by greekguy
Terms for elected officials should be on a month based system and it should be 1 month terms. This is just common sense!
Here here. I agree completly.

Furiey said:
The nominations could always start on the 1st of the month, elections on the 4th, new term on the 7th and that would solve the differing month length problems.

If we do a proposal with say, 2 turns a day, and 40 turn terms, you can easily plan for when the elections are. This poll goes along with the Turnchats vs. Turns Per Day poll.

edit: I voted "don't want either" since there's no option "I want both"...

We shouldn't say "monthly" then, just because the majority pressed the button: We should take the discussion going on into account and start a new poll with the 3rd option right away, IMHO. Personally I would stand in for Furiey's proposal in case this would be done... (in addition to a limited no. of turns per period AND a few fixed dates for basic decision-polls: (taking this proposal it'd mean 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th)

And it shouldn't be a problem, because:

Alphawolf said:
like all other polls made by the Founding Fathers on Constitutional issues it is non-binding.

Shouldn't be too much of a hassle, should it?!? :D

How about a runner-up between monthly and monthly + turn max, since obviously the other options have been voted down on...

Stilgar08 said:
This is a historical moment, Alpha: I disagree with you for the first time so far! :D

I think the majority is for it, because there isn't an alternative mentioned like "mixed"...

We shouldn't say "monthly" then, just because the majority pressed the button: We should take the discussion going on into account and start a new poll with the 3rd option right away, IMHO. Personally I would stand in for Furiey's proposal in case this would be done... (in addition to a limited no. of turns per period AND a few fixed dates for basic decision-polls: (taking this proposal it'd mean 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th)

True I forgot to add mixed, I'll put another poll up. I you looked at who voted for what you'll see I don't care one way or the other which is probably why I for got to include it.

-the Wolf

I voted for turns and would support them over months, but I think the blended turn limit and time limit is really the best choice. My main concern is the possibility of a leader attempting to rush gameplay for a more powerful imprint.

Man'O'Action said:
I voted for turns and would support them over months, but I think the blended turn limit and time limit is really the best choice. My main concern is the possibility of a leader attempting to rush gameplay for a more powerful imprint.

I think that's why the other poll was put up Man.

-KL

Top Bottom