Turnchat instruction thread: Wednesday, April 21, 20:15 GMT, 15:15 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
All officials who are empowered to post instructions for the upcoming turnchat are to do so here. All instructions must be posted at least one hour before the turnchat to be valid.

Game Save

This is not a discussion thread

Also, message for the (American) time-impaired:
The turnchat starts at 4:15 PM EDT! Do not start the turnchat until then!

Sorry CT, couldn't resist. :p

Micromanagement
Please mm Vandelay like this picture:

and railroad the flood plains this turn to wipe out the food deficit!
Please work 1 more irrigated desert in Internal instead of the just roaded tile.

Build Queues
Vandelay: switch to Palace as Hoover pre-build

Cijam: cathedral, colosseum (as factory pre-build)

St. Octaviansburg: switch to harbor, ironclad

Raven's Flight: university, temple

New Falcons Heaven: switch to cathedral, galleon

Cabaret Voltaire: aqueduct, harbor

Ooligaria: cathedral, colosseum (as factory pre-build)

Internal: university, granary

New Morgana: lmarket, university

Sharkeygrad: courthouse

Kadessa: market

standing wishes
once a tile is improved (railroaded), if possible please mm city in order use "best" improved tiles

worker actions in Audiac
must railroad worked floodplains in Vandelay to avoid food deficit!!!
mine and road worked plains in New Morgana
give railroading priority to worked mined tiles in Vandelay to speed Hoover Dam, please
Everything else at your discretion, but I would advise:
1st priority to finish startegic rr network
2nd priority to improve tiles of most productive cities

Rush Jobs
none

Norwich Province: 1265 AD TC Plans

Finklewink: Switch Musketeer to Barracks (21) > Harbor > Library > Musketeer
Almaren: Switch Cavalry to Temple (58) > Musketeer
Kazas: Switch Calvry to Temple (56) > Calvry

Rush: None at this time.

Worker Actions
Please build railroads. And I would also like more mines around each city.

Peace Treaties: Please do not Renegotiate Peace unless asked to do so by another Civ.

War Declarations: None this chat. If War is declared on us by another Civ, please stop the chat so that we can discuss what to do in the forums.

Military Alliances: Please do not form any Military Alliances this turn chat.

Right of Passage: None this turn chat. Please do not renew our ROP with India when it expires in 9 turns.

Mutual Protection Pacts: Although we do not have Nationalism, Persia does, and other Civs may have it soon. Please therefore do not agree to any Mutual Protection Pacts this turn chat. Please announce in the chat if any are formed between the other Civs.

Trade Embargoes: Although we do not have Nationalism, Persia does, and other Civs may have it soon. Please therefore do not agree to any Trade Embargos this turn chat. Please announce in the chat if any are formed between the other Civs.

Tribute Demands: If a Civ with whom we have a deal we want to protect makes a demand, pay the demand up to a value that you judge makes the deal still worthwhile in gold, gpt or maps, but do not pay cities, techs or resources. Otherwise, if there is no deal to protect (either directly or indirectly) please use the standard options below:
  • Please reject all tribute demands from Persia, Aztecs and Zulu.
  • From other countries, reject the demand if it exceeds 40 gold, 2 gpt, or includes contacts, techs, resources or cities.
Territory Incursions:
  • Do not request or demand that any nation move its troops from our territory during this turn chat.
  • Please monitor incursions within our territory and report during the chat, so that the route is recorded for future reference.
  • Please if possible block the route of any Settler/Defender pairs that attempt to cross our territory.
  • If what appears to be a possible invasion force arrives near a city from Germany or India, it is not essential to stop the chat, providing the appropriate defences can be put in place. If this is not the case or the potential invasion force is from another Civ, please stop the chat so that we can discuss what to do in the forums
  • Please treat Indian units moving into or approaching our territory as Incursions. Please try and block them from getting on our rail network – in other words – do not trust them.
Although this is only a potential Territory Incursion, please also monitor troop/galley movements just outside our territory as this can give advance warning of attacks or potential attacks and allow us to organise our troops to respond.

Ministry of Internal Affairs:

Settlement: None, If the DP wishes to place a city, it is at their discretion.

NOTE: A city may be placed at the largest of the gaps in Babylonian territory or at another place at the DP's discretion since ive heard that a city to be named after Strider is in discussion.

Government change: None

Wonders: Pre-build at Groton after it finishes the Iron Works to prepare for the Theory of Evolution.

City Queues:

Audiac:
Courthouse
Library

Culture: I ask that our newly aquired cities in Babylon and Russia should all go for cultural improvements to fill the gaps inside those borders and to prevent flipping. Id try to rush some of them that are the most threatened to flip over.

Summary: Our primary goal should be to get our culture up and running in our newly aquired cities in Babylon and Russia. These cities could flip if we are not careful, and the gaps in the middle may attract other settlers into that region. Try to fill it up with culture from developments in that region or new cities in the bigger gaps if neccesary. Overall, our goals should be to re-build our conquered territory, and prepare to enter the industrial revolution.

- Sarevok
Minister of Internal Affairs

PS: I will not be here for this TC, or at least ill be late for it.

Trade and Tech
Note:I will put my trade and tech on a different post so nobody gets mixed up.

Research in the order:
Replaceable Parts (4 turns?)
Industrialization
Medicine
Scientific Method (The citizens want to build the Theory of Evolution)

Make this deal to Persia:
He wants: Steam Power for Ivory/Navigation/Priting Press/WM/96 GPT/20 Gold

I would be careful taking this deal with the Zulu:
He wants: Steam Power for Ivory/Navigation/Priting Press/WM/20 Gold
If the war is over with Persia, make this deal. May change a little, but try to make the deal ONCE THE WAR IS OVER with Persia!

Note 2:Will not be able to make TC. I might make a little bit of it.

Build Queues

Mr. Rogers Neiberhood
Switch production to university

Vandopolis
Switch production to university

Acheron
Switch production to library, when finished build worker, then granary

Woodridge
Build Library

Terminus
Build Library

Amber
Build Library

Mill Valley
Build Library

Production Tiles
No real change required.
When growth occurs, or workers are available, please work improved tiles.

Please maximize shields when population in Acheron is down to 6

Cash Rush Requests
None

Workers
Instructions are given in order of priority
- Please irrigate NW of lake (NNW for MRN respectively)
- Send workers off to Alluares to Clear Jungle which already have roads (i.e. Mr Rogers NW/S)

Military Advisor Instrutions -

1 - Continue moving Muskets to our border cities (keep 1 musket per city). Cities without garrisons take prority, then cities with cavs.

2 - Move our elite cavs out of cities bordering India (replace with regular cavs) and move the elite cavs into interior cities (former Russian and Babylonian) that have no garrison..

3 - Place extra cavs on the following tiles (marked by a red dot) so that the AI doesn't settle there.

4. As our RailNet nears completetion, feel free to place any remaining cavalry, cannon, and catapults on the rail net. The Railnet between Groton and Saction would be a nice spot. Cavs on the iron, Cannos/Cats on the irragated grassland SW of Sanction. Do this only when over 80% of the railnet is up, or when all exterior (i.e., coastal and border cities) are connected.

5. Move the Galley in Finklewink into Woodridge. Make sure to wake up the warrior in Finklewink first in order to load him onto the galley before it sets sail! Move the 2 galleys by Audiac (city) into Raven's Flight.

6. Move the catapult in Woodrige to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.
Move the catapult in Carabet Voltaire into Internal.
Move the catapult in Terminus to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

Please perform any of the requested rushes by the senate if they vote yes on it. (upgrade all cats on turn 2 - use shift U - if accepted. Upgrade 2 galleys this turn, and another in 4 if accepted).

If the horseman upgrade is allowed, move the horsemen in Raven's Flight to DR for an upgrade. Then move it back to RF the next turn).

Cities that take priority for Musket Garrisons in this order):

1. Cities with no garrison.
2. Cities with Cavalry garrison.
3. Cities with spear, sword, and warrior garrisons.

Whenever you replace a warrior, or spear with a musket, move the warriors and spears into Duex Rivieres.

Please also execute the build instructions given by The People in this poll . I include them here for easier reference:

Switches now/build (in sequence of science power in the cities):

Deux Riviere: university
Groton: university after iron works
Sanction: university
Montpellier: university
Huntington: market, university
Vo Mimbre: university
Santa Lucia: library, market, university
Mure: market, university

Item 21
Do you approve the cashrush of a temple in Kazas for 228 gold
Yes:2
No: 0
Abstain: 1 (note: I support cultural rushes only when really necessary, i.e. when seriously under the threat of a cultural flip.)

Result = Yes

item 22
requesting a sum of money that is at this time unknown to be used to rush cultural improvements in our recently conquered cities.
Yes: 0
Abstain: 1 (note: I support cultural rushes only when really necessary, i.e. when seriously under the threat of a cultural flip.)

Result = Abstain
The DP decides whether to consider item 22 a "yes" or a "no".

* item 23
upgrade of 2 galleys this turn for 120g. Upgrade another galley on turn 4 for 60g.
* item24
upgrade of 3 catapults for 60g.
* item 25
upgrade 11 cannons (after turn 4) for 440g.
* item 26
upgrade of a horseman to a cav for 100g.

were all voted:
Yes: 1
Abstain: 0

These measures pass also.

Sliders
Keep the science slider in such a way we'll get RP in 4 turns.
After that set the slider in such a way the next tech is researched in about 6 turns.

The cash for cashrushes is to be distributed about 50:50 between buildings-rushes and unit-upgrades.

VP's personal note
I fear the Senate has shown too much enthousiasm on the spending of money and the speed of research. I therefore post this extra instruction:

The DP is free to increase the lux-slider in case happyness-issues demand this. The DP decides if that situation occurs and when to respond to it by increasing the lux-slider.
If at any time during the turnchat the financial situation is in such a state that these instructions can't be met, the DP is free to choose which part (or parts) are considered impossible and therefore void.
If at any time during the turnchat the happyness situation is in such a state that the lux-slider changes are needed, the DP is free to choose which part (or parts) of these financial instructions are considered impossible and therefore void.
If at any time during the turnchat the research situation is in such a state that the time in which to research the tech is not feasable, the DP is free to choose which part (or parts) of these financial instructions are considered impossible and therefore void.

Endor Build Queues

Anarchyisgodville: Worker, Marketplace, Worker
Ville de Buisson: University
Sanction: Cathedral, University, Bank
Anwerp: Cavalry, Barracks, Library
Pandemonium: Musketeer, Barracks, Library
The White City: Marketplace, Library
Gainyville: Marketplace, Library
The Burrow: Marketplace, Library, Bank
New Edessa: Temple, Library, Marketplace

If I have forgotten any city in my province, the DP has full power to add queues to his/her disgression.

No specal MM instructions at this time.

Turn5

(boots had to go eat, and the TC was moving slowly).

India was seen moving our our borders. City of the Damned flipped (this is why I wanted culture!!! Not a deficit!!! :mad:).

It messes up our Railnet, too (slightly)!

Turn 10

Chat Log

Summary:

Our railnet is finished, and core cities have been railed. Groton is producing 70spt after corruption! DR is outputting 36spt. We also have Industrialization, and Medicine will be online in 4 turns. India has also entered our territory by Wyfurd (reg sword). Our cannons, and 1 horseman are upgraded, and culture added to all cities (including the one that flipped - Germany owes us!!!). The India ROP is still listed as active, but can be taken off (there was no renegotiation prompt).

There's infantries in cities that might be attacked. Some lux trades also couldn't be renewed. There's also an Indian worker sabotaging our mining operation in Vandopolis! :eek:

Originally posted by Chieftess
India was seen moving our our borders. City of the Damned flipped (this is why I wanted culture!!! Not a deficit!!! :mad

:mad: I asked for libraries and temples to be rushed in our newly conquered cities!

When I had to leave the turnchat, I reminded those present to renew the Aztecs/spices deal. It is also in this trade discussion. But they did not do it.

Thus wltkd stopped in City of the Damned.

Thus it flipped.

It was an unnecessayr failure IMHO.

I could have renewed it if we were willing to give the Aztecs several techs. That's trade's domain, but you're not in the trade department.

Also, just because a city is in WLTKD does *NOT* mean that it won't flip! It's a reduced chance, but the chance is still there. Look at my culture flip calc. What *DOES* matter is how many foriegn tiles surround the city that can cause it to flip. It's an utter failure because you governors decided to run our gold into the ground with a deficit! Now, this isn't the place for debates and arguments, so just stop accusing people for your problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom