Turning off battle animations for a custom unit

Porkenstein

Chieftain
Hello All,

I'm making a custom unit without much available in the animation department.
Using this unit in the battlefield results in a lot of sitting around and doing nothing... it's glitchy-looking and dull. I'd much rather just turn off the battle animations for this unit so it behaves as though it were in a quick combat game. Does anyone have any ideas?

Or if you guys have any tips on how to speed up its combat animations in the art define that would be great.

I know giving a unit a custom CombatClass disables attack animations. It's frustrating for some people, but sounds like it'd work for you.

However, can't you just edit your .fxsxml file and remove the appropriate animations and event codes?

I know giving a unit a custom CombatClass disables attack animations. It's frustrating for some people, but sounds like it'd work for you.

However, can't you just edit your .fxsxml file and remove the appropriate animations and event codes?

I tried the latter, and it still results in a lot of sitting around. I think it has to do with the state machine I'm forced to use with the gr2 model being incompatible with combat, so I'm not entirely sure if the former will work, either. (I'm using the caravan_late.gr2 model)

Yeah, I tried creating a new unitclass and the result was the same. I'm able to move the (invisible) unit around and such, but the model remains stuck as though it were finishing some combat animations, which delays the turn focus.

Top Bottom